PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sure the game won't freeze if you do this

Beastmaster
10-26-2010, 03:47 AM
Ok so after having the game freeze up on me tons of times I finally started to look at reasons why it was freezing.

I'm about 99% sure the game begins to act wonky after you get a car in your garage over 50 miles. Whether the car is modded or not once you hit the magical figure of 50 miles the game will begin to freeze about 7/10 times whenever you take that car with 50+ miles anywhere near your safehouse.

I have about 5 cars over 50 miles. Now I just steal a new car and the game doesn't freeze anymore.

Try it out, I could be wrong, but as long as the car you are in isn't over 50 miles, you shouldn't freeze.

Gill2009
10-28-2010, 02:42 PM
well i have just started jimmys vendetta so i dont intend to go for the 1000 miles achievement til after i complete the missions but the main game only ever froze on me once and it was when i took my car out that had 22 miles on it and drove around the highway til i got the achievement for doing 50 miles in one car after the achievement popped i drove back towards the garage at joes house wen i was only around the corner from there it froze so you may be right

COTTERS3000
11-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Just thought I'd let everybody know that this does appear to work. I only started JV about a week ago but have so far clocked up just shy of 15 hours of gameplay. I've never used any car from my garage just stolen them to get where I need to be. So far the game hasn't crashed on me once yet (touch wood).

Priit3
12-09-2010, 06:57 PM
The same thing happened with me when i got the 50 mile achivement and thought it would be cool to store that car in my garage and when i was near my garage the game freezed, luckly i got the achivement 2 min before.

billjones0302
01-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Your idea worked great! My game never froze following your suggestion. I collected a bunch of cars, but they never left the garage. I simply stole a new car for every mission.

mesoungodlyfast
07-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Just wanted to mention, my game started glitching long before I hit 50 miles with 1 car. I had around 20 with the Walter Hot Rod when it glitched 2x on me in 2 days.

I've since hit 50 miles+ and it hasn't glitched yet, but I'm only at 60 miles.