PDA

View Full Version : Dave Grohl Band not unlocking...

Chico76
10-26-2010, 10:37 AM
So, I've played all the songs I have with Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, bands he was a guest on, etc). And the achievement didn't pop...

Anyone get this yet? Do anything special? Is "band" in the title to indicate you have to have at least 2 people playing? I did try it solo, if that matters...

Thanks!

Ness662
10-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Hmm I just did it from the band goals menu and I got it. Try there?

para182
10-26-2010, 02:51 PM
would it work if I played all nirvana? not saying that I don't like or have the other songs which I do just wondering.

bearmod
10-26-2010, 05:38 PM
cant guarentee this but try songs that actually have him as a band member cause you said you used songs he was a guest on

Starz 007
10-26-2010, 10:34 PM
I got it from 5 Foo Fighters songs.

I did not get the Face Melter achievement, despite playing 3 on disc 80's metal guitar songs, so it's possible there are some problems or unclear requirements.

Son of Kyuss
10-26-2010, 11:54 PM
It has to be DLC songs played, on-disc/exports won't count for the achievement.

Maka
10-27-2010, 12:58 AM
I can't find this challenge in the challenge menu, does anyone have any ideas where it is? (I've found almost all of them, but I cant seem to find this exact one)

Itsbrown4606
10-27-2010, 01:02 AM
I think I seen it under the Band challenges...

On an unrelated note, I'm looking for a band to do the Road Challenges. Interested?

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 01:26 AM
I don't think there is a challenge associated with it. It's just an achievement. I'm looking right now and it is not in my list of challenges.

Itsbrown4606
10-27-2010, 01:27 AM
I don't think there is a challenge associated with it. It's just an achievement. I'm looking right now and it is not in my list of challenges.

I swear I seen it when I was playing... hold on...

EDIT: Rock Band > Downloaded Song Goals > Second Column, Second Row

NathAttack
10-27-2010, 01:30 AM
I can't check exactly where, but I know it's listed in challenges/goals somewhere. Press green on it to get taken to a list of eligible songs for the achievement.

ssmaster69er
10-27-2010, 01:47 AM
if you dont have 5 songs downloaded i dont think it shows up as an available challenge!

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 01:51 AM
I swear I seen it when I was playing... hold on...

EDIT: Rock Band > Downloaded Song Goals > Second Column, Second Row

Okay, I think I have it figured it out. It only appears IF you can complete it. That position for me is The Customizer - Earn 2* on 100 downloaded songs. I must not have 5 Grohl songs on this disc, so I don't have that challenge.

EDIT: ninja'd

Itsbrown4606
10-27-2010, 02:09 AM
Okay, I think I have it figured it out. It only appears IF you can complete it. That position for me is The Customizer - Earn 2* on 100 downloaded songs. I must not have 5 Grohl songs on this disc, so I don't have that challenge.

EDIT: ninja'd

Makes sense... kind of. It's an achievement as well so you'd think it would at least say you couldn't complete it instead of omitting it...

And how did they pull off shipping RB3 with 1250? Did they cut a deal since they never invested any more achievements into RB2?

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 02:15 AM
And how did they pull off shipping RB3 with 1250? Did they cut a deal since they never invested any more achievements into RB2?

It didn't. It shipped with 1000, that's all you can get without DLC. According to GamerScore rules they can add up to 250 GS in the first quarter from DLC. HMX chose to release 250 points on Day 1.

Bassani
10-27-2010, 08:02 AM
There might be more, but I pulled these from that challenge icon from the songs that I have...

Foo Fighters:
DOA
I'll Stick Around
This is a Call
All My Life
Times Like These
Doll
Monkey Wrench
Hey Johnny Park
My Poor Brain
Wind Up
Up in Arms
My Hero
See You
Enough Space
February Stars
Walking After You
New Way Home

Garbage:
Why Do You Love Me

Nine Inch Nails:
Burn
Capital G
The Collector
Last
March of the Pigs
The Perfect Drug

Nirvana:
Breed
Polly
Territorial Pissings
Lounge Act
Stay Away
On A Plain
Something In The Way

Queens of the Stone Age:
3's & 7's
Little Sister
Sick, Sick, Sick

Tenacious D:
The Metal
Tribute

SebastianSB
10-27-2010, 02:00 PM
The full list:

Foo Fighters - Best of You
Foo Fighters - DOA
Foo Fighters - I'll Stick Around
Foo Fighters - The Pretender
Foo Fighters - This Is a Call
Foo Fighters - Wheels
Foo Fighters - Word Forward
Foo Fighters - All My Life
Foo Fighters - Times Like These
Foo Fighters - Lonely As You
Foo Fighters - Doll
Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
Foo Fighters - Hey, Johnny Park!
Foo Fighters - My Poor Brain
Foo Fighters - Wind Up
Foo Fighters - Up in Arms
Foo Fighters - My Hero
Foo Fighters - See You
Foo Fighters - Enough Space
Foo Fighters - February Stars
Foo Fighters - Walking After You
Foo Fighters - New Way Home

Garbage - Why Do You Love Me?

Nine Inch Nails - Burn
Nine Inch Nails - Capital G
Nine Inch Nails - The Collector
Nine Inch Nails - Last
Nine Inch Nails - March of the Pigs
Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug

Nirvana - Come As You Are (Live from MTV Unplugged)
Nirvana - Lithium (Live at Reading)
Nirvana - Blew
Nirvana - About a Girl
Nirvana - School
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Nirvana - Breed
Nirvana - Polly
Nirvana - Territorial Pissings
Nirvana - Lounge Act
Nirvana - Stay Away
Nirvana - On A Plain
Nirvana - Something in the Way

Queens of the Stone Age - 3's and 7's
Queens of the Stone Age - Little Sister
Queens of the Stone Age - Sick, Sick, Sick

Tenacious D - The Metal
Tenacious D - Tribute

Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang

twistedsymphony
10-27-2010, 06:39 PM
That seems kind of odd that they'd count Nine Inch Nails even though he wasn't with the ban until recently... AFAIK "Last" and "Capital G" are the only 2 on that list that Grohl actually drummed for.

Same with Garbage, IIRC he only drummed for "Bad Boyfriend" not "Why do you love me"

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 07:30 PM
That seems kind of odd that they'd count Nine Inch Nails even though he wasn't with the ban until recently... AFAIK "Last" and "Capital G" are the only 2 on that list that Grohl actually drummed for.

Same with Garbage, IIRC he only drummed for "Bad Boyfriend" not "Why do you love me"

But the achievement isn't for songs he played on. It's for songs by bands he has been a member of, so it makes perfect sense.

daenius
10-27-2010, 09:39 PM
But the achievement isn't for songs he played on. It's for songs by bands he has been a member of, so it makes perfect sense.

I do have to say, though, the description of this Achievement is a bit misleading.

Since he never was a member of both NIN and Garbage and only did session work on their albums, I was expecting NIN and Garbage not to count.

oO Triple G Oo
10-28-2010, 08:00 PM
I can confirm that DLC related goals only appear when you have the necessary songs to complete them. I would assume that this applies to exports and track packs, as well.

sleepingrhino
10-28-2010, 11:43 PM
I also don't have this achievement unlocked, I have beaten six songs already. I am not sure which ones I beat they may have been on the disc.

The main point that everyone has missed is that this should unlock when you play ANY of the songs as it does not state DLC... HARMONIX and EA have the worst QA teams ever!!! SERIOUSLY!!!

TwistedFate
10-29-2010, 12:18 AM
The main point that everyone has missed is that this should unlock when you play ANY of the songs as it does not state DLC... HARMONIX and EA have the worst QA teams ever!!! SERIOUSLY!!!

Actually, you've missed the point. It's in the DLC Challenge section so it does state that it has to be DLC.

Napp
10-29-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm pretty sure this has to be done with a band. I'm experiencing trouble with the NIN 200 streak. I've gotten 600 streak on Guitar and it hasn't popped. This might be online be able to be done on the drums/bass. I have to find it in the goals

TwistedFate
10-29-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm pretty sure this has to be done with a band. I'm experiencing trouble with the NIN 200 streak. I've gotten 600 streak on Guitar and it hasn't popped. This might be online be able to be done on the drums/bass. I have to find it in the goals

The NIN achievement can be done solo, but it must be done on drums.