PDA

View Full Version : Any new achievements with the new DLC(s)?

Gatar
10-26-2010, 08:55 PM
:confused:

bendermac
10-27-2010, 03:25 PM
nope, no new achievements.

MepsiPax187
10-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes kinda gay. :/

the ferenczy
10-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Lame. Any new content that's not just items or skins should be required to have achievements. It's no different than a retail or arcade title having no achievements. MS should force devs to include them.

Michael Logan
12-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Lame. Any new content that's not just items or skins should be required to have achievements. It's no different than a retail or arcade title having no achievements. MS should force devs to include them.

Id rather have them focus on good content than achievments tbh

urchin80
12-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Id rather have them focus on good content than achievments tbh

You say that as if it was some major undertaking to add a couple of achievements. I'm sure that it is almost no work at all compared to actually making the content.

XperimntNterror
01-19-2011, 03:23 PM
You say that as if it was some major undertaking to add a couple of achievements. I'm sure that it is almost no work at all compared to actually making the content.

achievements are a "premium" (i.e., pay-for "substantial" content will, usually, get new achievements; they help sell the additional content). Character Packs or one or two levels, etc aren't likely to have new achievements (i.e., if it costs you less than $5 - 400 MSP - it's not likely to have them). Adding achievements are probably not as complicated as coding the game, but they aren't as simple as "let's just add some" either. They have to be tested, like the rest of the game to be sure they unlock when they are supposed to, etc. Increasing development time to check these things for a couple of new characters or a level isn't, usually, worth it. Achievements are TRCs for Microsoft. That is, every retail game must have 1000GS and every Arcade game must have 200GS at minimum. If achievements fail to unlock at the appropriate time/according to the description, it's an "S" Class bug and results in an insta-fail from MS due to the TRC violation.

Microsoft, as the first-party, has the freedom to amend/make exceptions to TRC violations. However, most devs/publishers are not going to just assume that they can get by with submitting a build for certification in the hopes that MS won't catch/will let slip by such a violation.

KnightOfTruth
03-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Glad to know. I see that the entire Tomb Raider collection is on sale next week, was going to purchase the DLC addons, but if there's no achievements then I guess I can save my points!

(Not sure about the Kain character pack though, sounds interesting)

yamayamayaamaa
03-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Glad to know. I see that the entire Tomb Raider collection is on sale next week, was going to purchase the DLC addons, but if there's no achievements then I guess I can save my points!

(Not sure about the Kain character pack though, sounds interesting)

I came here to check the same thing lol. Glad I can save my points.

I still have the game from the last time it was on sale for 600 MS points and I still haven't played it yet... I blame it on the huge backlog! :p

Draken Zero
03-11-2011, 03:15 AM
Ditto. Thanks for the info - was wondering whether to bite on the DLC since I'm just throwing this on my backlog while i go back to Dragon Age 2 (and the 50 other games I have to play -_-) :)

Machew8472
03-14-2011, 11:06 AM

i agree mate, if you ask me any dev that release's any sort of playable dlc without achievements must be f-ing brain dead. surley they should realize that they would sell alot more if they did.. :mad:

thestreetzking
03-14-2011, 03:24 PM
are the dlc challenge packs co op online?

CuddlyClamShot
04-05-2011, 09:43 PM
That's lame, I was going to get it. Now I won't and I shall take a dump on the TV.

DigitALxBullets
10-22-2011, 03:09 AM
Even if there was achievements with the DLC's(and I'd pay that bit extra for them if they did), they seem to have given up on pack 2 "Things that go Boom", WHY give up on the fans on xbox live just because the series is mainly based on the PLAYSTATION(I still have my PS2 slim and TR collection)... Yet every time i play this game I see a missing piece I seem I will never get to play on XBLA.

"I won't pay for a PS3 just to play a DLC".