PDA

View Full Version : Pro guitar worth it?

AceSouthall
10-26-2010, 10:12 PM
In the UK its 130 is it worth that price tag?

I would love to learn to play guitar and it looks awesome but is it worth it?

lostmotiv
10-26-2010, 10:17 PM
i would suggest waiting to get the real fender guitar. i totally think it's worth it to get one of the two pro guitars but i think to get the real experience and for learning real guitar the best bet is to buy the real guitar for pro mode.

WaltXXX
10-26-2010, 10:21 PM
If you want to play a real guitar, then wait for the real guitar. :)

Sabre Captain
10-27-2010, 04:10 AM
Anyone know what the 2 guitars are selling for? I have a real guitar...but didn't bother to learn to play. So if one is considerably less than the other...and they both are supposed to mimic real chord and hand placement then I will go for the cheaper one. Unless of course the cheaper one is crap. ie: fake strings break easily, or "strings" are much thicker than real strings.

SebastianSB
10-27-2010, 04:46 AM
Anyone know what the 2 guitars are selling for? I have a real guitar...but didn't bother to learn to play. So if one is considerably less than the other...and they both are supposed to mimic real chord and hand placement then I will go for the cheaper one. Unless of course the cheaper one is crap. ie: fake strings break easily, or "strings" are much thicker than real strings.

The mustang "button" guitar is $150. The Squier Stratocaster's price is unknown but it's a modified version of a guitar that normally costs $250.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-27-2010, 06:46 AM
The mustang "button" guitar is $150. The Squier Stratocaster's price is unknown but it's a modified version of a guitar that normally costs $250.

i heard that the Squier was pushed back until early next year. is that so? the mustang should be available within the next couple weeks.

i was thinking of just getting the mustang for the time being, and then get the Squier once thats released.

Jordbrett
10-27-2010, 09:54 AM
i heard that the Squier was pushed back until early next year. is that so? the mustang should be available within the next couple weeks.

i was thinking of just getting the mustang for the time being, and then get the Squier once thats released.

It sucks the majority of us guitar players are going to have to double dip on this one.

neverendr
10-27-2010, 11:01 AM
The Squire Strat will probably cost $350-$400 USD, since they're adding full midi support to it. There are other options, as the devs stated that any midi guitar will work. I have a Gibson HX.9 pro, it has Gibson custom shop pickups and a semi hollow body, there's a switch on it for bridge pickup / neck pickup / both and another for standard output / midi output / both, so it's very much a real guitar. Mine was around $1500, my wife got it for me years ago, but you can get a lower model HX with stock pickups for around $500 and it'll serve you very well as a real guitar if you enjoy pro and learn to play, it'll sound worlds better than the squire Strat. I have nothing against Fender, I own a few of their custom shop guitars as well as a 1999 Japanese Strat and a 2008 American Strat, the squires are more like something a young kid would get as their first guitar without investing much, kind of like the low end one pickup Epiphone Les Pauls....the body shape is the same as a real Les Paul, but the similarities end there. Basically, you'll want to consider if you want a game controller only (touch neck mustang), a game controller that doubles as a fairly poor guitar (squire Strat), or a good guitar that doubles as a pro controller. I'd suggest searching "midi guitar" on guitarcenter.com or maybe even bing...you could find something better for less money than the squire, or you could go wild and get a PRS with a custom midi output for $2000+. If anyone has any questions or wants to discuss the guitars, feel free to pm me!

Daniel55645
10-27-2010, 01:57 PM
In the UK its 130 is it worth that price tag?

I would love to learn to play guitar and it looks awesome but is it worth it?

hell no it aint worth it. $150 and if you want dlc to be pro mode compatible its $3 per song. def not worth buying

SebastianSB
10-27-2010, 02:03 PM

Yes, early 2011.

Not "pushed back." It's never had an official release date.

preppypoof
10-27-2010, 05:06 PM
There are other options, as the devs stated that any midi guitar will work.
you can NOT just use any guitar with a midi output to play this game. the squier senses where your fingers are. don't try to use a regular midi guitar with the midi adapter to play this game, IT WON'T WORK.

edit: if you have a source that says you can play any midi guitar, please share it. but i am 99% certain that the squier is the only option for playing real guitar in this game.

Runny
10-27-2010, 06:19 PM
It sucks the majority of us guitar players are going to have to double dip on this one.

Man, I really don't want to...I NEED pro mode, so getting the mustang...lol..right now my plan is to dick around with it and have fun and have pro mode available..then when I want I can plug my real guitar into an amp, and go into practice mode for pro mode and play along..should be fun..but yeah..having the squier would be nice..not sure if I want to spend that much when I already own a guitar though.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Man, I really don't want to...I NEED pro mode, so getting the mustang...lol..right now my plan is to dick around with it and have fun and have pro mode available..then when I want I can plug my real guitar into an amp, and go into practice mode for pro mode and play along..should be fun..but yeah..having the squier would be nice..not sure if I want to spend that much when I already own a guitar though.

beats paying for guitar lessons at a studio though. plus this way is more fun!

and you can learn at your own pace, whenever u want (well u could with a real guitar also :p), this is just way more fun than learning to play songs like jingle bells!