PDA

View Full Version : Worst Pre-Order experience of my life....

Judivarious
10-27-2010, 01:42 AM
So, I decided to get the Rock Band 3 bundle with the keyboard and the game, and since I work at Wal-Mart and I get a discount, I decided to purchase it from there. However, I was notified that the stores would not be carrying the keyboard/game bundle, so I would have to get it online.

So on the 21st of October, I excitingly pre-ordered the game, and used my discount, etc.

It is now the end of the day of the 26th of October, and............my game still hasn't fucking shipped.

Right now it's "currently being processed" (which i think it should have been doing the day before the game released, so it could ship today), and it states it shall arrive between 11/02/2010 - 11/03/2010.....which I SERIOUSLY hope is bullshit, because I paid for 2 - 3 Day Shipping.....

Seriously, worst experience I've ever had....

Oh, and for those of you questioning why I didn't just go to Gamestop, or Best Buy, I live in a mountainous area of West Virginia, the closest gamestop to me is about 3 hours away. I don't even think there are Best Buy's here....Wal-Mart is possibly the closest electronics store available in this area.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-27-2010, 01:47 AM
So, I decided to get the Rock Band 3 bundle with the keyboard and the game, and since I work at Wal-Mart and I get a discount, I decided to purchase it from there. However, I was notified that the stores would not be carrying the keyboard/game bundle, so I would have to get it online.

So on the 21st of October, I excitingly pre-ordered the game, and used my discount, etc.

It is now the end of the day of the 26th of October, and............my game still hasn't fucking shipped.

Right now it's "currently being processed" (which i think it should have been doing the day before the game released, so it could ship today), and it states it shall arrive between 11/02/2010 - 11/03/2010.....which I SERIOUSLY hope is bullshit, because I paid for 2 - 3 Day Shipping.....

Seriously, worst experience I've ever had....

Oh, and for those of you questioning why I didn't just go to Gamestop, or Best Buy, I live in a mountainous area of West Virginia, the closest gamestop to me is about 3 hours away. I don't even think there are Best Buy's here....Wal-Mart is possibly the closest electronics store available in this area.

i know what u mean, where i live, all we ever had was walmart for our games. we finally got a gamestop about a couple years ago (yes, a gamestop in manitoba, first one too!).

walmart pretty much sucks for everything, i hate them with a passion. and it feels like our walmart is neglected becasue its a smaller city, we dont get anywhere near the amount of stuff that bigger city stores get.

anyways, since your an employee anyways, id talk with the manager and see if he/she can do anything, cuz you should get "priority" on the game, and the fact that they are screwing you over.

all in all, walmart sucks. i hate em. but its also the only place where i live that sells LEGO. so i have no choice...

Deleted2014-12-02
10-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Get Amazon Prime. That's my new plan. I'm done with GameStop and I'll never pre-order from Wal-Mart unless they have a REALLY good deal...

FunkSoulStrange
10-27-2010, 01:55 AM
Sorry to hear that man, sucks not getting your game on time. I'm with Itsbrown, if you are going to get your game online its Amazon or nothing for timely delivery.

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Get Amazon Prime. That's my new plan. I'm done with GameStop and I'll never pre-order from Wal-Mart unless they have a REALLY good deal...

Yep, Amazon Prime had Fable 3 at my door about 9:30 this morning. I gave up on GameStop after several pre-orders in a row not getting the bonus. Amazingly a last minute impulse pre-order for Rock Band 3 yesterday still netted me the 3 free songs from GameStop. First time for everything.

OP, sorry to hear about your problems, but at least the RB community usually doesn't dry up in a few after everybody gets the achievements like some other games. I know that doesn't make your situation any better, but we'll still be here when you finally get it.

Judivarious
10-27-2010, 03:50 AM
just to add something more sad than this....

I ordered a pre-owned copy of Rock Band 1 from Gamestop.com on Monday night, and SADLY, it's going to be here tomorrow, before Rock Band 3.....

That's just sad....

SillyXP
10-27-2010, 04:34 AM
yeah walmart shipping takes forever took me 2 weeks to get the fifa world cup from south africa..sigh :(

Judivarious
10-27-2010, 04:54 PM
This shit is seriously getting on my nerves.

So Walmart fails....12:44 P.M. and it's STILL processing. How fucking long does it take to PROCESS something? My computer does it in a matter of seconds.

Gamestop sent me Rock Band 1, except the problem is they sent me a game disc that has 3 cracks in the center and a deep scratch as well....*sigh*

I just keep getting screwed......and worst of all, I'm not feeling it....if you're going to screw me, at least give me some sort of pain or pleasure from it......god.....

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 05:13 PM
if you're going to screw me, at least give me some sort of pain or pleasure from it

That's what she said. ;)

ShaggyB
10-27-2010, 06:32 PM
This shit is seriously getting on my nerves.

So Walmart fails....12:44 P.M. and it's STILL processing. How fucking long does it take to PROCESS something? My computer does it in a matter of seconds.

Gamestop sent me Rock Band 1, except the problem is they sent me a game disc that has 3 cracks in the center and a deep scratch as well....*sigh*

I just keep getting screwed......and worst of all, I'm not feeling it....if you're going to screw me, at least give me some sort of pain or pleasure from it......god.....

never by used from gamestop online... always go to Ebay.com

You get a condition listing and a picture, if you dont see a picture that isnt a standard picture, dont buy it. usually it will be a bit more than gamestop's deal, but you get what you pay for (and sometimes its much cheaper or the exact same.)

Judivarious
10-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Just want to add an update, as of (10/28/2010), my order is STILL PROCESSING.

Seriously, I would like to know WHAT is being processed, because as I see right now, my payment has been made, and has already been cleared.....

I've got a headache.......

Furious M1
10-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Prepare for a long wait. I did the combo pre-order from Dell online. What was originally slated to ship on the 26th mysteriously changed to November 8th. No email notice or anything. I ended up going to Best Buy and picked up just the game there. I will cancel with Dell - its a shame too since they had some deal going where I saved $20...

I also read somewhere that the keyboard bundle was not going to ship in North America - you could buy them separate. Anyone else hear that?

Judivarious
10-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Prepare for a long wait. I did the combo pre-order from Dell online. What was originally slated to ship on the 26th mysteriously changed to November 8th. No email notice or anything. I ended up going to Best Buy and picked up just the game there. I will cancel with Dell - its a shame too since they had some deal going where I saved $20...

I also read somewhere that the keyboard bundle was not going to ship in North America - you could buy them separate. Anyone else hear that?

No, I heard the keyboard bundle was not available for the PS3, (or the WII I think) but was still available for the Xbox 360....

Besides that, it states that it is processing and should arrive between the 2nd and 3rd of November.....I'll wait, because they HAVE TO ship it tomorrow, since the weekend won't count, that's the ONLY way it will get here from California or Texas (the two shipping centers I know of) within that time period.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-28-2010, 11:36 PM
No, I heard the keyboard bundle was not available for the PS3, (or the WII I think) but was still available for the Xbox 360....

Besides that, it states that it is processing and should arrive between the 2nd and 3rd of November.....I'll wait, because they HAVE TO ship it tomorrow, since the weekend won't count, that's the ONLY way it will get here from California or Texas (the two shipping centers I know of) within that time period.

just stopped by my local gamestop in canada, and just today they got in a keyboard/game bundle. wouldve gotten it if i didnt already pick up the game.

but it was for 360, no other console ones were to be seen.

mietha CAG
10-29-2010, 12:23 AM
You should have bought from dell. $100 plus tax, free shipping, and they had it to me on release day. Never preorder ANYTHING from walmart or best buy. They both take, at best, ~ a week to bother to ship anything out most of the time.
And it's only the PS3, and only in the US (or maybe North America) that doesn't have the bundle. Wii has it, and PS3 has it in europe.

Judivarious
10-29-2010, 01:21 AM
You should have bought from dell. $100 plus tax, free shipping, and they had it to me on release day. Never preorder ANYTHING from walmart or best buy. They both take, at best, ~ a week to bother to ship anything out most of the time.
And it's only the PS3, and only in the US (or maybe North America) that doesn't have the bundle. Wii has it, and PS3 has it in europe.

Well, like I said in my OP, I only preordered from Walmart.com because I work there and I get a discount of 10% (which in these days, sure it isn't a lot, but it's something).

Usually I pre-order from Warehouse sellers on eBay (people with 50,000+ sales on eBay and work for a warehouse), or I don't even pre-order at all and just buy the game from the Wal-Mart store when it releases.

The only reason I made an exception this time, is because I was told by the Entertainment department manager that they would not be supplying the keyboard/game bundle in-store.

chickenhead87
10-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Over the pond in my town i decided to pre-order instruments from Gamestation so go in their today pick up rock band and Madkatz or whatever they call themselves have decided to not stock shop retailers with instruments for a week or 2 or more and i checked around nowhere else has them and 1 of the guys was saying they could be here soon but even the EA rep doesnt know whats happening sigh.

General Boredom
10-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Yup, gotta agree about Amazon Prime, I love it.

I've started preordering most of my games through Amazon, since with Prime I get free release date shipping and they almost always give you a $15-20 discount off your next game purchase for preordering through them.

Dwayne Pheonix
10-30-2010, 12:27 AM
I bought The Beatles: Rock Band from Amazon (UK) this January. I don't know if you still can, but you got a free month of Amazon Prime, so I used it to buy the Beatles band-in-a-box.

It then, from nowhere, snowed heavily for the next 3 days, and I didn't get it until the day I would've got it if I'd have used the regular postage option. Fml.

/pointless story

(Also, General Boredom, where the hell did you get the awesome AVGN gamer pic?!)

AceSouthall
10-30-2010, 01:26 PM
I dont know whether someone has already said this but the instruments aint out till next week so they obviously can't send the bundle til the instrument is available.

chickenhead87
10-30-2010, 04:50 PM
I dont know whether someone has already said this but the instruments aint out till next week so they obviously can't send the bundle til the instrument is available.
I was told keyboard and drums would be out when the game launched and the guitar would follow a week later so would of been nice if one of the EA reps knew wtf was going on. So i gotta wait till this friday for keyboard and drums and apparently could be like a month for the guitar.

Crimson Ridley
10-31-2010, 12:21 AM
I was told keyboard and drums would be out when the game launched and the guitar would follow a week later so would of been nice if one of the EA reps knew wtf was going on. So i gotta wait till this friday for keyboard and drums and apparently could be like a month for the guitar.

I saw the Keyboard in GAME today...

Judivarious
10-31-2010, 01:09 AM

Uh....but the keyboard released when the game released. I know this, because otherwise 5,000 people wouldn't be doing an unboxing of it on youtube.

GuitarGuruXXX
10-31-2010, 02:10 AM
Uh....but the keyboard released when the game released. I know this, because otherwise 5,000 people wouldn't be doing an unboxing of it on youtube.

The bundles obviously had them but if you wanted to purchase them separately, then you had to wait

Judivarious
11-01-2010, 08:38 PM
It's Monday, November 1st, 2010, 4:27p.m. and my package. STILL. HAS. NOT. SHIPPED!

They've got one more day before their ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) will be invalid and impossible. Let's see if they send it out tomorrow.

Jesus H. Fucking Christ dude, it's either I'm going to get Call of Duty: Black Ops before this thing decides to ship, or it's going to ship and I'll get it the same time I get Call of Duty.

Judivarious
11-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Update: So the game and keyboard FINALLY shipped out on the 1st of November, and I should be getting it today.....

It only took about a week and a half.....