PDA

View Full Version : 360 hard drive size question.

iiPaDFooT
10-27-2010, 02:29 AM
I sold my old 20gb 360 a few months back. I'm looking into buying a enw one now. I went to Walmart yesterday and they were sold out of the 250gb, only had the 4gb left. What exactly can fit on a 4gb? I remember on my 20gb... when I took it out of the box and did the updates and everything, I was down to 12gb already. 8gb "lost" with nothing saved. How is a 4gb even possible. Should I just wait for them to get the 250gb in stock again?

AltruismIsDead
10-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Definitely wait for the 250GB to come back in stock again.

Think of the 4GB model as the old "arcade" version, that came with something like 256MB or 512MB memory.

Basically the only thing the 4GB model would be best used for is playing retail games, for the save data. If you're looking into downloading many XBL arcade titles or demos which have been growing in size (some probably hitting 2GB) you'd have to constantly keep deleting data.

So yeah, I guess it depends on what you play. If you don't download many XBL Arcade games/demos/videos/etc and just play retail games, the 4GB model should suit you. Otherwise I'd wait and purchase the 250 model.

Hope this answers your question.

Edit: I should also add that there will be a 4GB and 250GB model that includes Kinect coming out Nov 4th, both $299 & $399 respectively. So you might want to wait for/reserve that if you're interested in Kinect.

iiPaDFooT
10-27-2010, 02:42 AM
Definitely wait for the 250GB to come back in stock again.

Think of the 4GB model as the old "arcade" version, that came with something like 256MB or 512MB memory.

Basically the only thing the 4GB model would be best used for is playing retail games, for the save data. If you're looking into downloading many XBL arcade titles or demos which have been growing in size (some probably hitting 2GB) you'd have to constantly keep deleting data.

So yeah, I guess it depends on what you play. If you don't download many XBL Arcade games/demos/videos/etc and just play retail games, the 4GB model should suit you. Otherwise I'd wait and purchase the 250 model.

Hope this answers your question.

Hmm, yeah I'll probably wait then. I made the switch from 360 to PS3 like half a year ago, when my 360 RROD'd. But I'm making the switch back now. The PS3s awesome but it'll never compete with gaming on the 360 for me. I'm pretty much turning my PS3 into my entertainment center for movies/etc + exclusives system and gonna do most of my gaming on the 360 now. Including downloading arcade games, etc, like you said. So I'm definitely gonna need the space.

AltruismIsDead
10-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Currently I have downloaded every single demo for XBLA that has been released, a couple of original Xbox games and have installed about 4 retail games. Add in movies I downloaded, I currently have about 80 gigs free.

So that space is definitely worth it.

Also if you didn't see my edit from above:

Edit: I should also add that there will be a 4GB and 250GB model that includes Kinect coming out Nov 4th, both $299 & $399 respectively. So you might want to wait for/reserve that if you're interested in Kinect.

Fishman
10-27-2010, 02:52 AM
WAIT FOR THE 250 GB SYSTEM!!!

I have 40 GB of storage and I am struggling with it. Everything adds up; Xbox Live Arcade games, DLC, installing games to the HDD, game saves, etc..

iiPaDFooT
10-27-2010, 02:54 AM
Currently I have downloaded every single demo for XBLA that has been released, a couple of original Xbox games and have installed about 4 retail games. Add in movies I downloaded, I currently have about 80 gigs free.

So that space is definitely worth it.

Also if you didn't see my edit from above:

Ehh I'm not really big on the whole Kinect/Move aspect of gaming. So I'll probably pass over that. But yeah I'm definitely gonna wait for the 250gb now. If my Walmart doesn't get them in by Friday I'll take a drive into Daytona and see if Best Buy has any in or something.

chivalryVillian
10-27-2010, 03:47 AM
please just for the thw the other one. 4gb is shitmetal for loser's trust me i got one.

TuMaBlAcK
10-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Well I know that all 20GBs were actually only 13.9GBs and I asked last week how much was actually on the 4GB and I believe 3-3.3Gb are actually usable and that should be enough for game saves, I've never purchased any add on content for games or arcades to this day only thing I've actually paid for is a picture pack worth 80MP with rest still sitting in my account. But I'd probably fork over the extra cash if I had any for the 250GB model, money currently being spent of parts for my car =P