PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get these achievements?

Teh Paralyzer
10-27-2010, 02:30 AM
The Perfect Drug and Most Authentic Strummer will not unlock!

Any else get these? This game has so many bugs it's bull.

NathAttack
10-27-2010, 02:36 AM
The Perfect Drug is drums only, I got it first try with no issues.

I haven't run into m/any bugs yet..?

Teh Paralyzer
10-27-2010, 03:13 AM
That expalins the perfect drug....

Richie Sambuca
10-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Most Authentic Strummer hasn't been unlocking for me either...

Daniel55645
10-27-2010, 03:36 AM
The Perfect Drug and Most Authentic Strummer will not unlock!

Any else get these? This game has so many bugs it's bull.

they are dlc songs. are you sure you are playing dlc songs and not rb1,2,3 or lego songs. they must be dlc

Richie Sambuca
10-27-2010, 03:52 AM
they must be dlc

The Perfect Drug is DLC, but I wasn't aware you have to play a DLC song to get Most Authentic Strummer. Can anyone confirm this?

Now that I think of it, Bass Streaker (500 note streak) wasn't unlocking for me either.

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 04:02 AM
Most Authentic Strummer is not DLC only. It is any song.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/rock-band-3/achievements/ <-- The Achieves requiring DLC start with Downloader. Everything above that can be done with on-disc songs.

Shelton
10-27-2010, 04:10 AM
I've got the bass achievements. Did authentic strummer on In Dreams (Roy Orbison) and the 500 note streak on I Miss You (Blink-182). Both unlocked on my first attempt.

FatPants77
10-27-2010, 04:20 AM
I got Authentic Strummer on Charlene. Quick and easy.

Teh Paralyzer
10-27-2010, 04:44 AM
I got Authentic Strummer on Charlene. Quick and easy.

I did and it didn't pop. Then I tried Silver...no dice

dalton32389
10-27-2010, 05:55 AM
play on expert, that's what i had to do

Maka
10-27-2010, 06:24 AM
100% Bass - UPSTRUMS ONLY
500 Bass Note Streak - Normal strumming

Matrarch
10-28-2010, 05:19 AM
I'm having trouble with Most Authentic Strummer as well. I've 100%ed on expert bass upstrumming only maybe half a dozen songs with no luck. I've tried on hard as well since that's in the achievement description. I even tried two different guitars (The Beatles Gretsch and the GH:WT one) with no success. I'll try pulling out my old dusty Fender to see if that helps, but there's definitely something a little broken with this achievement. :/

Edit: I finally got it using the d-pad to strum on a Les Paul. Just curious as to what instrument those of you who got it used. I'm wondering if there might be some difficulty detecting the up-strums on the guitars I used.

SebastianSB
10-28-2010, 05:45 AM
I got Most Authentic Strummer on my first try with Imagine on expert.

theshieguy
10-28-2010, 06:28 AM
I'm having trouble with Most Authentic Strummer as well. I've 100%ed on expert bass upstrumming only maybe half a dozen songs with no luck. I've tried on hard as well since that's in the achievement description. I even tried two different guitars (The Beatles Gretsch and the GH:WT one) with no success. I'll try pulling out my old dusty Fender to see if that helps, but there's definitely something a little broken with this achievement. :/

Edit: I finally got it using the d-pad to strum on a Les Paul. Just curious as to what instrument those of you who got it used. I'm wondering if there might be some difficulty detecting the up-strums on the guitars I used.

RB2 Stratocaster:

"Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)"--Upstrums
?????--500 note streak

I played so many songs on day one, I honestly forgot which song netted me the "Bass Streaker" achievement. But I DO know that it can be unlocked by playing "Promised Land" on Expert Bass (it's free in the Rock Band Music Strore). And, as always, you can lefty flip the game and play with a mirror while downstrumming. The game will register it as an upstrum.

I don't know how you guys are having so much trouble with these. :confused: These were one of the first things I did in the game (the upstrum anyway). You should be able to get a 500 note streak while getting the 25 Rock Band 3 songs completed. If you finish a song without breaking your multiplier and it doesn't unlock, then you haven't played 500 notes. There's nothing buggy or glitched about that. A career goal even pops up once the achievement unlocks.

Here's my guesses: notes are being missed by the player(s) in question and guitars have been...broken in. And I'm not talking about anyone in this thread either...just a general statement. :p

Shaynringan
10-28-2010, 03:26 PM
I attained the Bass achievements with the big brown guitar that came with Beatles Rock Band.

Upstrums I attained on "The Con" and 500 I think I got on "Welcome to the Black Parade."

Matrarch
10-29-2010, 06:37 PM
I've played enough of these games as to be fairly certain when it's me that's the problem versus when it's something with the game. :) Something's goofy with this achievement. Several people have said as such, I'm just not sure what it is. I had no problem at all with 500 notes, just the upstrumming one. ^^

I didn't even try my Hofner Bass. That was next on the list

SnakeChips
10-29-2010, 08:43 PM
The first time I did the up-strumming achievement in the first rock band I had trouble with it. I don't know why. But I've done a technique that has worked for me every time and all the rock bands for the up-strumming achievement. First off I'm right handed, so this also works if you need an achievement with Lefty Flip on. I usually just throw on Lefty Flip. Hold the guitar like normal when Right handed and I just lay down on my back on my bed and look at the screen upside down. so it's like I'm playing the colored notes like I would normally play as a righty. Only difference is everything is upside down and the notes are coming from the bottom not the top(from what you see laying down that is). I got the achievement on the first try.

TigaSefi
10-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Upstrummed Imagine expert and got it first time. Now I 5-starred boston's foreplay song and nothing unlocked. Is that expert as well?

Duke Of Twiggy
10-30-2010, 12:05 AM
I got the 500 note streak last night after several attempts where it just decided not to give it to me. I did it on Hero by the Foo (It's got almost 1000 notes in it so if you do stuff up in the 400's like I did, you can still take another run at it)

I'd tried a few times before that and it didn't give it, so I tried going through the goal section, selecting 500 bass streak and then playing the goal from there and it worked. Maybe try doing it that way?

xXAKill3rTacoXx
10-30-2010, 09:17 PM
i got most authentic strummer first try...u have to make sure you only do up strums if you down strum then it cancels it and you have to get 100% on the song on expert. i don't think you can over strum so it has to be a FC. i got it first try it should work

Teh Paralyzer
10-30-2010, 10:22 PM
I did Charlene expert again and it poped finally.

IrritatedPuppy
10-30-2010, 11:19 PM
I went to the My Goals, went to Bass and then to Authentic Bass Goals, there you can go over to the 100% up strums. Then it will actually show up whether or not you are actually up strumming every note, I had used Charlene on RB2 no problem. After I saw how many people were having this same problem, I tried to check it out, for some reason it wasn't registering every upstrum with the clicker. I read another guy saying he used the D-Pad on his old controller, I still use the old Gibson from GH 2-3, I tried his technique of doing that and got it first try. If you are still having problems, I would recommend giving that a try.

GuitarGuruXXX
10-31-2010, 01:53 AM
Upstrummed Imagine expert and got it first time. Now I 5-starred boston's foreplay song and nothing unlocked. Is that expert as well?

For the Boston achievement, you have to play a Boston DLC song. Foreplay was on RB1 disc and doesnt count.

Venge
10-31-2010, 02:14 AM
Like IrritatedPuppy said, go to "Career", "My Goals", "Bass", "Authentic Bass Goals" and the select "100% Hard Upstrums". Pressing green will play the goal and a meter below your score, where your star rating usually is, will tell you when you fail out of this task. I noticed when I did this, I'd lose my 100% upstrum when I tilted for star power.

Your milage my vary, but you can at least narrow it down through the goals section.

RealistIdealist
10-31-2010, 09:12 AM
For the Boston achievement, you have to play a Boston DLC song. Foreplay was on RB1 disc and doesnt count.

Not true, that's how I got mine. It unlocked the minute I finished.

rbtgba
10-31-2010, 09:41 AM
So then the most authentic strummer should be done on expert and not hard? I did Charlene DLC 100% on hard (twice) and did not get achievement.

SebastianSB
10-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Not true, that's how I got mine. It unlocked the minute I finished.

Yes and no. Foreplay can be used to unlock the goal/achievement once it appears, but it will NOT appear and CANNOT be unlocked until you have another boston song as DLC. The fact that it appears and works at all seems to be a glitch.

It's really odd, but I've been spending some time investigating this.

mietha CAG
11-01-2010, 05:56 AM
I'm sorry. This has nothing to do with the thread, but to the OP: That is the most disturbing avatar I have ever seen. I'm aware it's supposed to be a sonic costume, but you seiously paid money to look like a furry? Why on god's earth did they not make it a full mask?

Teh Paralyzer
11-01-2010, 06:18 AM
I'm sorry. This has nothing to do with the thread, but to the OP: That is the most disturbing avatar I have ever seen. I'm aware it's supposed to be a sonic costume, but you seiously paid money to look like a furry? Why on god's earth did they not make it a full mask?

I'm glad you asked. I did not pay money for it it was a sonic 4 avatar award (well head and suit do it was awards) . And I know it's terrible haha My friends and I have a joke going that I'm a pedophile in the park giving children candy haha. Since it's Halloween I kept it but as of Nov. 1st it's comming off.

Now let's get back on topic shall we