PDA

View Full Version : Rotted at Gamestop.

MuscularTea
10-27-2010, 02:52 AM
So I went to pick up my copy today which WAS supposed to be the game with the keyboard and they told me that the game with the keyboard was canceled so I have to buy them both seperatly so I was like okay same price, but he said they were out of stock for the keyboard and because my preorder bundle was canceled I also don't get the 3 free songs... WTF...

MartyMcFly
10-27-2010, 02:54 AM
Well that's bullshit because I had no problem purchasing my already reserved Keyboard + Game bundle, and got the code for the 3 free songs on my receipt.

This is another fine example of the dumbasses that work at Gamestop.

institutions
10-27-2010, 03:00 AM
That's awful, man.
I picked up my keyboard bundle today, although it didn't have the preorder code on my receipt.
Thinking about going back up there tomorrow and seeing if I can get a code.

It's possible they wanted a keyboard bundle too and just told you that was canceled so that you'd cancel your order and they could have it.
I'd be super angry.

MuscularTea
10-27-2010, 03:03 AM
I checked with walmart and places supposedly everywhere where I live had the keyboard bundles canceled... o.O and no place in town has a single keyboard... damn, I want to argue with it but all the same supposedly they called my house a month ago to say it was canceled but I'd say my brother picked up listened then went back to bed.

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 03:18 AM
So I went to pick up my copy today which WAS supposed to be the game with the keyboard and they told me that the game with the keyboard was canceled so I have to buy them both seperatly so I was like okay same price, but he said they were out of stock for the keyboard and because my preorder bundle was canceled I also don't get the 3 free songs... WTF...

That's BS. I preordered, the game/keyboard bundle at my Gamestop about 12 hours before release, wonder why all your places have it canceled.

institutions, look on the receipt from where you picked it up, not where you ordered it. That's where my code is.

Richie Sambuca
10-27-2010, 03:24 AM

That's almost exactly what happened to me, except the EB Games I went to never even GOT the preorder bonuses, so they said I would have to keep calling back to see when/if they ever come in (I'm not holding my breath). This entire RB3 launch has been one giant clusterfuck.

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 03:31 AM
That's almost exactly what happened to me, except the EB Games I went to never even GOT the preorder bonuses, so they said I would have to keep calling back to see when/if they ever come in (I'm not holding my breath). This entire RB3 launch has been one giant clusterfuck.

Shouldn't have been anything to GET. The code should be printed on your receipt.

Richie Sambuca
10-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Shouldn't have been anything to GET. The code should be printed on your receipt.

Would it be a 12-character code? I don't see anything like that on my receipt, and the guy at EB certainly didn't know anything about the bonus.

M A N I K Fury
10-27-2010, 03:39 AM
i went into EB today to get a copy of the piano bundle and they said they didn't even ship them yet :S and they will be there maybe Nov 2nd, which is pretty stupid. so i guess im just going to wait until the fender comes out and save up for the fender/midi adapter and get the game then.

PS. im in Canada if that has anything to do with it.

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Would it be a 12-character code? I don't see anything like that on my receipt, and the guy at EB certainly didn't know anything about the bonus.

Nope, mine is 16 characters right under the barcode. But it looks like it had to put on the receipt as a separate item. Look at your pick up receipt. Mine has two items, the bundle and the code. Like I bought the code for 0.00.

Richie Sambuca
10-27-2010, 03:49 AM
Nope, mine is 16 characters right under the barcode. But it looks like it had to put on the receipt as a separate item. Look at your pick up receipt. Mine has two items, the bundle and the code. Like I bought the code for 0.00.

I have two items as well, the game and the preorder for 0.00. Since I cancelled my preorder (the bundle wasn't due in the store until mid-November), that's probably why the code isn't there.

SillyXP
10-27-2010, 04:38 AM
Odd people were picking it up @ my local gamestop o.O

FunkSoulStrange
10-27-2010, 04:55 AM
The ps3 version with game and keyboard was canceled but you should still get code either way. As far as I know all US stores got the 360 version bundled, I know I did and had someone reserve one 2 days before it came out so it sounds odd to me. I can get you a code if you need one, but you still can't download today.

lostmotiv
10-27-2010, 06:06 AM
here in ottawa the ebgames (gamestop) i went 2 didn't get any of the bundles. They fixed my preorder up for the bundle though, when they saw they didn't get any of the bundles in, only games and keyboards separate they made bundles themselves. Was pretty lucky i put my preorder down way early though, they only got four, yes 4 keyboards in.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-27-2010, 06:40 AM
i went into EB today to get a copy of the piano bundle and they said they didn't even ship them yet :S and they will be there maybe Nov 2nd, which is pretty stupid. so i guess im just going to wait until the fender comes out and save up for the fender/midi adapter and get the game then.

PS. im in Canada if that has anything to do with it.

yep, im in canada also. all i have is 1 walmart and 1 gamestop, neither had any extra instruments minus 2 x360 keyboards at gamestop.

i wanted the pro guitar, but its not expected until early november now... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:uzi:- - - - > mad catz (i was told it was because mad catz didnt have the instruments ready for launch except for keyboard)

--by the way, whats this 3 free songs? should i have gotten a code with my game?

MuscularTea
10-27-2010, 01:34 PM
The ps3 version with game and keyboard was canceled but you should still get code either way. As far as I know all US stores got the 360 version bundled, I know I did and had someone reserve one 2 days before it came out so it sounds odd to me. I can get you a code if you need one, but you still can't download today.

You have no idea how much I'd love you, just realized I never got my Fable 3 preorder code either... so I'm going back today to see what's up... and theres no codes on my receipt closest code there is 13 but thats has a break and a slash between them so definitely not it.

FunkSoulStrange
10-27-2010, 03:50 PM
You have no idea how much I'd love you, just realized I never got my Fable 3 preorder code either... so I'm going back today to see what's up... and theres no codes on my receipt closest code there is 13 but thats has a break and a slash between them so definitely not it.

Np man, I'm by no means a die hard company man, but It's crazy how some stores are so bad. I'll get you a code for RB3 and Fable 3 and PM you the details tonight. The Fable one may require a registration on the fable site but I'll print one out and let you know what you need to do. I really don't understand why they could not help you out, especially since you had the bundle reserved and it costs them nothing to print out an extra. Hell, I always forget to add the codes and generally have to print a least a few out on a separate receipt.

MartyMcFly
10-27-2010, 03:52 PM
To agree with someone already stated: The code for the bonus songs from Gamestop have to be printed on a separate receipt.

However, it also said on the receipt that the code expired on 10/26/10 as well. So if you didn't get it by now, Microsoft has probably already deactivated it anyway.

Sorry guys.

MuscularTea
10-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Np man, I'm by no means a die hard company man, but It's crazy how some stores are so bad. I'll get you a code for RB3 and Fable 3 and PM you the details tonight. The Fable one may require a registration on the fable site but I'll print one out and let you know what you need to do. I really don't understand why they could not help you out, especially since you had the bundle reserved and it costs them nothing to print out an extra. Hell, I always forget to add the codes and generally have to print a least a few out on a separate receipt.

I seriously wish the gamestop around her had you working at it haha, I'd go there all the time... just saying. :P

TheBorkinator
10-27-2010, 04:12 PM
there's a simple fix to this. DON'T BUY FROM GAMESTOP UNLESS YOU HAVE TO. Gamestop is a huge ripoff. Instead try ordering from Amazon.com or go to Bestbuy.

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 04:18 PM
However, it also said on the receipt that the code expired on 10/26/10 as well. So if you didn't get it by now, Microsoft has probably already deactivated it anyway.

Sorry, this is wrong. (I know it's what your Fable receipt said, but that info is wrong)

Fable Villager Creator: 11/23/10, but even that may be extended

RB3 Free Songs: 10/26/11

Squalasura
10-27-2010, 04:22 PM
there's a simple fix to this. DON'T BUY FROM GAMESTOP UNLESS YOU HAVE TO. Gamestop is a huge ripoff. Instead try ordering from Amazon.com or go to Bestbuy.

This man speaks the truth. Unfortunately, as far as I could tell, you could only get My Own Summer and Blue Monday (2 songs that I love) at Gamestop which means dealing with thier inconsistent bullshit. At the GS I go to they literally only ordered one keyboard bundle, mine. The box was completely destroyed but I had to take it as there werent any others. I waited there for 35 minutes for the midnight launch and idnt have many options.

institutions
10-28-2010, 01:50 AM
institutions, look on the receipt from where you picked it up, not where you ordered it. That's where my code is.

it's not there.
it isn't on either one of the two receipts.

the longest set of numbers on there is my powerup rewards account number, which is only 13 numbers.

i'm not too bothered, i didn't like any of the songs anyway.
just would have been nice to have 3 more songs added to my library.

RealistIdealist
10-28-2010, 02:06 AM
it's not there.
it isn't on either one of the two receipts.

the longest set of numbers on there is my powerup rewards account number, which is only 13 numbers.

i'm not too bothered, i didn't like any of the songs anyway.
just would have been nice to have 3 more songs added to my library.

You can probably go back with it and show them. As long as you preordered it they should give you another one. Just show them it's no where on the receipt.

SebastianSB
10-28-2010, 02:30 AM
You can probably go back with it and show them. As long as you preordered it they should give you another one. Just show them it's no where on the receipt.

This is how I got my songs.

FunkSoulStrange
10-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Lot of misinformation there, I work at Game Stop and a store were we actually treat people right so here is the deal. A few months ago Game Stop started doing the digital distribution and its kind of a pain. Rather than automatically print codes for reserve customers its requires ringing in a separate sku for the correct system and game. We all make mistakes and I for one have forgotten the code or scanned the wrong one more times than I can remember. If I forget the code, I just print a new one and read it to you over the phone. Its really not a big deal and most stores should do this. Also sometimes the codes can be a little wacky on the first day but we always make it right. The new RB3 download code expires on 10/26/11.

Everyone loves to hate Game Stop, complains about the trade in values but then is upset when we don't give the games away for nearly free. Game Stop is a business and needs to make money to survive. 99% of our reserves are flawless but its the people that have a problem that complain the most and make it sound like it happens all the time. And although people hate the new game return policy, its the same everywhere, at least if you want a get a pre-owned copy you always have the 7 day don't like it period.... who else does that?

Sure I have my issues working there and I wish some things were different but most of the time we do pretty good. After posting this message I'll be emailing Muscular Tea his codes cause I don't want someone to miss out on something I can so easily take care of on my own.

MuscularTea
10-28-2010, 02:49 AM
I like gamestop for the most part, plus it's the biggest one where I live. Walmart being the second for games, but I still like my bonuses. I'll still be going there just hoping next time I don't get messed around with. And thanks for everything I'll try them out now.

Coma White CPW
10-28-2010, 05:36 AM
Just as you would go to McDonalds and dumb ass "a" in Baton Rouge may put cheese on your double hamburger (minus cheese please) and model guy "b" flawlessly executes you order in Cincinnati, you can't blame Gamestop. My store had my keyboard bundle for 360 no problem. Sales guy almost forgot to print the receipt code, but caught him self, said "hey let me get you those free tracks, we gotta print the redeem code off, it's not on the manual, etc" and printed out the 3 track freebie. granted tracks didn't work for me til tonight, but I can live with that. Kudos to Gamestop in Paducah, KY and try to have some sympathy for a company that helps keep the gaming industry alive!

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-28-2010, 05:46 AM
Lot of misinformation there, I work at Game Stop and a store were we actually treat people right so here is the deal. A few months ago Game Stop started doing the digital distribution and its kind of a pain. Rather than automatically print codes for reserve customers its requires ringing in a separate sku for the correct system and game. We all make mistakes and I for one have forgotten the code or scanned the wrong one more times than I can remember. If I forget the code, I just print a new one and read it to you over the phone. Its really not a big deal and most stores should do this. Also sometimes the codes can be a little wacky on the first day but we always make it right. The new RB3 download code expires on 10/26/11.

Everyone loves to hate Game Stop, complains about the trade in values but then is upset when we don't give the games away for nearly free. Game Stop is a business and needs to make money to survive. 99% of our reserves are flawless but its the people that have a problem that complain the most and make it sound like it happens all the time. And although people hate the new game return policy, its the same everywhere, at least if you want a get a pre-owned copy you always have the 7 day don't like it period.... who else does that?

Sure I have my issues working there and I wish some things were different but most of the time we do pretty good. After posting this message I'll be emailing Muscular Tea his codes cause I don't want someone to miss out on something I can so easily take care of on my own.

is that a gamestop in the states? for me, i live in manitoba, where we usually have EB Games (essentially the same as GS). in my city, we got a "gamestop," about a couple years ago now, but it is still considered to be part of the EB games chain. they are simply changing everything over to gamestop in the near future.

i used to work there, right from when it opened. never have we had to print off any codes, theyve always been on paper or cards for the extra content, etc.

i assume its because of the states/canada that each side does things a little differently.

by the way, what is this code we are talking about? i never got one...

Son of Kyuss
10-28-2010, 06:03 AM
This problem is only affecting us Canucks unfortunately. I've heard that the keyboard bundles were supposedly delayed till next Tuesday due to packaging issues and/or possibly licensing issues. Damn shame as I was really looking forward to picking up the bundle this past Tuesday, but everywhere I went I was told that they had no clue when or what happened to the shipments.

Here's hoping the bundles actually do come next week, if they don't then I'll end up ordering a keyboard online like so many Canadian Rock Band Forum users are doing.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-28-2010, 07:07 AM
This problem is only affecting us Canucks unfortunately. I've heard that the keyboard bundles were supposedly delayed till next Tuesday due to packaging issues and/or possibly licensing issues. Damn shame as I was really looking forward to picking up the bundle this past Tuesday, but everywhere I went I was told that they had no clue when or what happened to the shipments.

Here's hoping the bundles actually do come next week, if they don't then I'll end up ordering a keyboard online like so many Canadian Rock Band Forum users are doing.

yeah, i was expecting to pick up the pro guitar upon release (would make sense, right?), but nope, no where has them, yet. its dumb. how do they not have these available for launch? all my gamestop had were 2 360 keyboards, thats it for release!

FunkSoulStrange
10-28-2010, 05:02 PM
I think the problem with instruments is that they do not sell as good as they did and all companies end up with a pile if them that they have to mark down 50% or more to sell. The Keyboard was actually in stock early in most stores but has sold well. For the US stores, we not getting anymore keyboard bundles, just game and keyboards separately from here on out.

As far as the download code, that is a US promotion for reserve. There is probably some rule in Canada that they can't do that cause it seems like often the same business in US and Canada have different rules.

twistedsymphony
10-28-2010, 06:30 PM
I picked up my keyboard bundle pre-order from GameStop on release day no problem... I also got my code printed on the receipt (at my store they have a bar-code sticker on the desk they have to scan for the pre-order bonuses to print out).
------

Also for those of you having trouble entering the code, I found that you need to act like you're going to try to play a game online, then back out to the menu and go to the "get more songs" option and enter the code. It seems that the game has trouble connecting to the Servers when you're in the menu, if it's not connected in the menu then it wont accecpt the code... but if it thinks you're going to play on line it will connect and you have a brief window to enter the code before you get disconnected again.

------

As for GameStop... it really comes down to the store manager. There are 2 stores near me within a 30 minute drive. One of them is filled with arrogant pricks who know next to nothing about games and screw up pre-orders like it's their job... the other one is is filled with really chill guys who go out of their way to make things right if something goes wrong.

I used to hate GameStop until I went into this place a few years back they asked if I wanted to pre-order something and I laughed and told him that I wasn't going to do that after the other GS screwed me so many times... he basically said "that sucks but we're a different store and I personally guarantee that we'll take care of you here"... I gave him the benefit of the doubt and I've never been let down since.

FunkSoulStrange
10-28-2010, 07:22 PM
I've had to personally guarantee a request before as well. I really don't get how some stores can get away with being run so bad. There are so many levels of supervisors and rankings for the company that it seems like it should not be missed. I work in a region where the DM is very active in what the stores are doing, almost too much, but when it comes to customer service issues if the problem made it to him you pretty much get smacked down and the customer gets what they want. Experiences like some of you have had would result in a new staff for the store. :)

MaxRenn82
10-30-2010, 03:44 PM
I want a code for these songs!!! I plan on buying them when they eventually release them but if the guy who can get codes still has any I'd LOVE one! :)

xXAKill3rTacoXx
10-30-2010, 09:29 PM
same problem happened to my friend but i got the keyboard and game bundle with my free songs no problem

Casbin
11-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Preordered the bundle at my Gamestop and went to pick it up the other day. Not only did they not have the bundle but I didn't get the preorder songs too. Stupid me didn't realize it til I got home and when I went back to Gamestop they said they couldn't do anything about the code. I know where I'm not preordering anymore...