PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible? Gamer tag/xbox live questions...

Zeus33rd
10-27-2010, 03:59 AM
Please help out a Xbox/Xbox Live n00b!

So I just returned from a year long deployment to Iraq. I bought my 360 over there where Xbox Live doesn't work. I racked up almost 12K in gamer points during that time.

Fast forward to now and I'm back in the states, and on a friends machine. My 360 is in the mail and will be in my hands tomorrow. I already had a windows live, Zune, and Xbox Live account linked to my email address. I don't know how the xbox live thing happened, but it did. It says I already have 105 gamer points? Anyways, can I migrate the gamer score/card that's on my 360 to the Xbox live account I already have?

I guess I'm confused about how this works. I just changed the gamer tag on my xbox live account to the one I wanted, 800ms points...bah. When I get my 360, I'm assuming I can do the recover tag thing to transfer that account to my 360. Will that merge the gamer score on my machine with the current xbox live account, giving me a gamer card with the new gamer tag that shows my 11,xxx gamer points?

I hope that wasn't to convoluted and confusing...:eek:

MachineZed
10-27-2010, 04:13 AM
Please help out a Xbox/Xbox Live n00b!

So I just returned from a year long deployment to Iraq. I bought my 360 over there where Xbox Live doesn't work. I racked up almost 12K in gamer points during that time.

Fast forward to now and I'm back in the states, and on a friends machine. My 360 is in the mail and will be in my hands tomorrow. I already had a windows live, Zune, and Xbox Live account linked to my email address. I don't know how the xbox live thing happened, but it did. It says I already have 105 gamer points? Anyways, can I migrate the gamer score/card that's on my 360 to the Xbox live account I already have?

I guess I'm confused about how this works. I just changed the gamer tag on my xbox live account to the one I wanted, 800ms points...bah. When I get my 360, I'm assuming I can do the recover tag thing to transfer that account to my 360. Will that merge the gamer score on my machine with the current xbox live account, giving me a gamer card with the new gamer tag that shows my 11,xxx gamer points?

I hope that wasn't to convoluted and confusing...:eek: No you can't 'merge' accounts.

Gun-Nut
10-27-2010, 04:23 AM
Only way to do it is when you get your console back login to the account with the Gamerscore and should find Join Xbox LIVE somewhere but would have to use a new email address if your current one is tied to another tag.

Zeus33rd
10-27-2010, 04:42 AM
Blah....don't want to use another email address.

I'm gonna have to chew on this a bit. Thanks for the quick answers.

Skillz4Killz
10-27-2010, 04:47 AM
Blah....don't want to use another email address.

I'm gonna have to chew on this a bit. Thanks for the quick answers.

First you got to make another email "fake email" and then change your email on your new xbox live account from your email to the "fake email". When you get your 360 sign into your profile with the 12k gamerscore on it click join xbox live and then use your main email on that tag! BOOM! done!

Rangers Lead The Way!!!

Corrupt.
10-27-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm just shocked you were able to buy a 360 in Iraq....

DarkBigone
10-28-2010, 05:07 AM
I'm just shocked you were able to buy a 360 in Iraq....

Maybe some were used as bombs? Not only there's a bit of irony in it, but with the damned things overheating quickly, it shouldn't be hard to make a bomb out of it. It even comes with it's own ring of death! :p

Blue Radium
10-28-2010, 05:16 AM
You will only be able to change your gamertag if the one you had while it was an offline account is already in use once you connect it to LIVE. Otherwise you can't change the name for free. And if all of the achievements are offline, you will lose all of them if you recover your tag on a new 360. You would either have to go online with the account on the 360 it is on, or you would have to use a memory card/USB to transfer it to another 360. You can't combine accounts, it's one, the other, or both as separate accounts. If you weren't able to bring the gamertag from Iraq back to the states with you, then it's probably lost.