PDA

View Full Version : Weird [But Nice] Billing Issue

kreauxk
10-27-2010, 04:23 AM
Okay I bought my xbox a year ago for my husband and I got the free trial that came with it on both of our accounts. After the trial I bought a 3 month LIVE card and thought I was just getting it renewed via Credit Card all year.

Then the day I bought the 3 month card a year ago I got an offer to renew 3 months for 9.99.

After renewing for 9.99 I noticed that it said I wouldnt have recourring charges scheduled for a year. Then I looked at bank statements and I havent been charged a dime all year for my initial 3 month card.

So basically I am getting 1 year of xbl for 19.99 and 9.99 respectivly. Has anyone else had this and should I report it to Microsoft? Could we get action taken against us? He wasnt to worried about it but told me to try asking here.

Snowwwwy
10-27-2010, 04:27 AM
Screw it. If its working in your favor, why notify Microsoft about it? They make money, and alot of it too. So no, if I was you, I wouldnt worry about it. And definitely wouldnt tell them about it.

Skillz4Killz
10-27-2010, 04:37 AM
nice hopefully they don't find out lol

gamerguy69
10-27-2010, 05:00 AM
What is your Gamertag? I'll have someone from Tier II Support look into your issue.

Seeing as how you've posted this on a public forum, you clearly feel the need to talk to someone about it.

:p

Let's get those billing issues squared away. Have your credit card handy. :)

Gackt
10-27-2010, 05:05 AM
As it is not your fault for the issue, I wouldnt bother contacting them about it. Just enjoy it until they notice and I am sure they will eventually.

kreauxk
10-27-2010, 05:38 AM
What is your Gamertag? I'll have someone from Tier II Support look into your issue.

Seeing as how you've posted this on a public forum, you clearly feel the need to talk to someone about it.

:p

Let's get those billing issues squared away. Have your credit card handy. :)

Haha, no thanks. I guess the worst they would do would be to suspend his account and bill it for "past due" charges, keeping it suspended until we paid the owed amount, which wouldn't really be a problem. I mean we could pay no problem so whatever as long as they didn't ban the account. It's only been a year but I guess he has a nice profile, god knows I've helped out on the stupid point things enough.

Also his friend in real life who he worked with got the same thing after buying a 3 month card from a Walmart store. So maybe it was a bad batch or something. Anyways it's Xboxes fault and not ours so I wont worry about it too much.

gamerguy69
10-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Haha, no thanks. I guess the worst they would do would be to suspend his account and bill it for "past due" charges, keeping it suspended until we paid the owed amount, which wouldn't really be a problem. I mean we could pay no problem so whatever as long as they didn't ban the account. It's only been a year but I guess he has a nice profile, god knows I've helped out on the stupid point things enough.

Also his friend in real life who he worked with got the same thing after buying a 3 month card from a Walmart store. So maybe it was a bad batch or something. Anyways it's Xboxes fault and not ours so I wont worry about it too much.

You should go into your account info and see what your status is.

I've read somewhere that a person who bought a 3-month card redeemed it and it stated it was a 12-month card. Nothing to worry about at that point.

Of course, the person who bought a 12-month card and redeemed it to only find 3-months -- they'd be on the phone to MS right away. :)

SillyXP
10-27-2010, 08:25 AM
lucky :p rawr

Snowwwwy
10-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Of course, the person who bought a 12-month card and redeemed it to only find 3-months -- they'd be on the phone to MS right away. :)
Knowing my luck, that person would be me. And damn right Id be on the phone to them right away :p

swellow99
10-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I had something like that once too. i bought a 1200 ms points card and when i redeemed it i had 2100 point so i said something like well okay i dont care i got much for less. but then i found out i typed a nummber wrong so i could get that 2100 points so i put the code in again and well there it was my 1200 points! i kinda want to apoligise for someone who bought a 2100 point card and it was already redeemed cause of me but well what can i do about it. :P

Snowwwwy
10-27-2010, 11:07 AM
I had something like that once too. i bought a 1200 ms points card and when i redeemed it i had 2100 point so i said something like well okay i dont care i got much for less. but then i found out i typed a nummber wrong so i could get that 2100 points so i put the code in again and well there it was my 1200 points! i kinda want to apoligise for someone who bought a 2100 point card and it was already redeemed cause of me but well what can i do about it. :P
Thats pretty tight haha. Oh well, I guess this stuff happens sometimes :p