PDA

View Full Version : Combat Trial Glitch

Black Watch
10-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Yea, does anyone know why this game isn't registering my button inputs? I know is isn't me b/c on the very first combo, it asks for a basic attack(:xbut:,:xbut:,:xbut:), and it goes though the combo, but it wont allow me to progress sometimes. It just makes me stay at the same combo, and it is getting very annoying when I get into the more complicated combos and it does this.

Aquaman6686
10-27-2010, 08:09 AM
I had the same problem with the very last combo (XXXX XXXX). Just do it over and over and over, and eventually it will "acknowledge" that you're doing it correctly. It took me over an hour of doing the challenge repeatedly before the game finally gave up and admitted that I knew how to do the damn combo lol.

TGRico72
10-27-2010, 11:23 AM
I had the same problem with the very last combo (XXXX XXXX). Just do it over and over and over, and eventually it will "acknowledge" that you're doing it correctly. It took me over an hour of doing the challenge repeatedly before the game finally gave up and admitted that I knew how to do the damn combo lol.

I am having trouble with this combo as well...I'm assuming there is a slight pause between the 4 X's button presses...anything I should be looking for in specific?

Metabolic XBA
10-27-2010, 01:02 PM
the last comno on that challenge isn't xxxx xxxx its something like xxxx b(hold) xxy

MASS DOMINATION
10-27-2010, 02:03 PM
the last comno on that challenge isn't xxxx xxxx its something like xxxx b(hold) xxy

no, the very last combo is xxxx xxxx. when u start the second set of x's only press it when ur character as just about finished his animation for his first set of x's. hope that makes sense. this combo screwed me up so many times so i just kept trying it again and again to get the timing right.
however i still cant get gold on this stupid challenge. u have to do a perfect run to get teh gold medal. i have o idea how someone could get platinum.

Metabolic XBA
10-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Apparently the challenges are effected by your lightsaber skill level then because that was definitely not my last combo and it's a saber flourish that unlocks at level 3 of saber skill. I did the combo at level 2 and finished with X X X X B(hold) X X Y.

Just confirmed it, upgraded to level 3 saber went back into the challenge and I now have the 3 extra sith flurry combos added to the end of the list.

MASS DOMINATION
10-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Apparently the challenges are effected by your lightsaber skill level then because that was definitely not my last combo and it's a saber flourish that unlocks at level 3 of saber skill. I did the combo at level 2 and finished with X X X X B(hold) X X Y.

Just confirmed it, upgraded to level 3 saber went back into the challenge and I now have the 3 extra sith flurry combos added to the end of the list.
so does that make it harder then since u have to do extra combos? or the timer smaller if u dont have the level 3 saber upgrade. are u even able to complete the challenge without it?

Metabolic XBA
10-27-2010, 05:52 PM
I got gold at level 2 saber skill by about .8 of a second, I think that the only way to get platinum might be with the extra time for the final three combos but gold is absolutely doable at level 2 saber skill. Seeing as you only need 1 platinum for the achievement and challenge two is ridiculously easy to get platinum in I don't think those buggy final three combos are worth it. If you can do it at level 2 an go for gold i would.

Aquaman6686
10-27-2010, 05:56 PM
I am having trouble with this combo as well...I'm assuming there is a slight pause between the 4 X's button presses...anything I should be looking for in specific?

Its XXXX PAUSE XXXX. The combo works perfectly in the main game, but in this challenge the game just refuses to acknowledge that you're doing it correctly. Just do it over and over, eventually the game will admit that you know how to do it and you'll pass the challenge.

MASS DOMINATION
10-27-2010, 06:38 PM
I got gold at level 2 saber skill by about .8 of a second, I think that the only way to get platinum might be with the extra time for the final three combos but gold is absolutely doable at level 2 saber skill. Seeing as you only need 1 platinum for the achievement and challenge two is ridiculously easy to get platinum in I don't think those buggy final three combos are worth it. If you can do it at level 2 an go for gold i would.

I've already got gold. im just wondering whats easier, with or without the rank 3 saber. i only need gold on the deflection challenge and im done with all of them.

Vo1cl
10-27-2010, 09:28 PM
I think it's pretty much the same either way. i just went through that challenge flawlessly with a rank 3 saber and still only got a time of 57.615.

and as far as the combo of XXXX XXXX is concerned, you have to watch Starkiller's animation. It's a good 2-3 second pause. Worked for me every time once i figured that out

xRollwithit
10-28-2010, 05:47 PM
I think it's pretty much the same either way. i just went through that challenge flawlessly with a rank 3 saber and still only got a time of 57.615.

and as far as the combo of XXXX XXXX is concerned, you have to watch Starkiller's animation. It's a good 2-3 second pause. Worked for me every time once i figured that out

im having that same problem i got like 50 seconds on the clock until the last one and i cant even complete it. And i have tried waiting a few seconds but the button direction on the screen disappears if i wait more than like 1 sec. help..?

Salminella
10-28-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm stumped. I went through it flawlessly and the best time I got was 54.857...

How the hell did someone get 1:07 is beyond me.

CODveteran
11-02-2010, 04:07 AM
Its XXXX PAUSE XXXX. The combo works perfectly in the main game, but in this challenge the game just refuses to acknowledge that you're doing it correctly. Just do it over and over, eventually the game will admit that you know how to do it and you'll pass the challenge.

It is NOT the game! It's all about timing. After you input the first XXXX wait until Starkiller comes up from a saber uppercut and then button mash X. Combo completed.

If anyone is having trouble achieving gold, watch my video on how to get platinum. Directions are in the description.

YouTube - Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 : The Combat Trial (Platinum Medal)

Philli Vanilli
11-04-2010, 03:28 AM
Not bad at all. I noticed that when I was trying for this, the key was to keep moving or try to aim Starkiller back towards the center of the platform after every combo. I ended up with 1:03, and even though it wasn't a platinum, I still got my gold so it was good enough for me. Once you do this enough and have the timing down its a piece of cake.

Aquaman6686
11-04-2010, 03:56 AM
It is NOT the game! It's all about timing. After you input the first XXXX wait until Starkiller comes up from a saber uppercut and then button mash X. Combo completed.

If anyone is having trouble achieving gold, watch my video on how to get platinum. Directions are in the description.

YouTube - Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 : The Combat Trial (Platinum Medal) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtP0Ax32YEM)

I KNOW how to do the combo, I use it constantly. In the challenge the game just refuses to accept it. I'll have Starkiller do the entire combo 8 times in a row, and on the 8th time the challenge randomly decides to let it count.

JamesStitches
11-04-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm stumped. I went through it flawlessly and the best time I got was 54.857...

How the hell did someone get 1:07 is beyond me.

Same time here, I just want the Achivement :(

davidmerrell
11-04-2010, 05:50 PM
for those wondering about how you can have a flawless run and still not get gold, hey I was in the same boad. I would hit every combo without messing up and still get a 53 or so. Two things to help you get a higher score 1. after each combo maker sure you face the center right away. this makes a huge difference. 2. this is the real important one but takes practice, after you complete a combo some of them contnue to do moves even after the combo has been completed, for this you just dash and it ends it immediately. This comes in real handy on the xx combos as those fucking go on forever even afer finishing the combo. lol that right there shaves 2-4 seconds of alone. Good Luck

B0Zz3
11-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Haha I Completed the Combo Challenge when my sabre was in lvl 1 to get gold after that I upgrade to lvl 3 and on my first try I got gold :) the XXXX XXXX combo is easy in my opinion just tap X 4 times and pause like if u were doing a B(hold) attack then spam the last 4 X:s

Strongbow
11-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Don't do the combos on the Droid do them around it instead, so walk around the arena area while pulling off the combos and for the final (:xbut:,:xbut:,:xbut:,:xbut:---:xbut:,:xbut:,:xbut:,:xbut:) combo the pause in the middle may be longer than you think, wait for Starkiller to begin his upercut animation then spam the :xbut: button.

B0Zz3
11-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Don't do the combos on the Droid do them around it instead, so walk around the arena area while pulling off the combos and for the final (:xbut:,:xbut:,:xbut:,:xbut:---:xbut:,:xbut:,:xbut:,:xbut:) combo the pause in the middle may be longer than you think, wait for Starkiller to begin his upercut animation then spam the :xbut: button.

Yes thats thru thats how I did it, just doing the combos around the droid, the droid never attacks u if u running around in circles and doing combos :)

My last final combo to get the aww yeah achievement Was RT+X/Y/B which is strange cuz I did this combo under my playthrough when I were going for Poor Bob achievement.. ?

Aliasalpha
11-08-2010, 10:17 AM
The downside of trying to avoid the droid is that sometimes when the droid is close, starkiller will take an automatic short step towards it when you're hitting X and that breaks the combo (as if the game is saying "Swing at the air, swing at the air, Oooh I reckon I can hit this guy, I'm going for it when that doofus with the controller hits X again"). I'd probably be able to get at least close to gold if that didn't keep happening (and if I was less of an uncoordinated spaz).

The step makes perfect sense in the context of the game but it seems to break (or at least badly scratch) the combo challenge

CODveteran
11-08-2010, 03:46 PM
The downside of trying to avoid the droid is that sometimes when the droid is close, starkiller will take an automatic short step towards it when you're hitting X and that breaks the combo (as if the game is saying "Swing at the air, swing at the air, Oooh I reckon I can hit this guy, I'm going for it when that doofus with the controller hits X again"). I'd probably be able to get at least close to gold if that didn't keep happening (and if I was less of an uncoordinated spaz).

The step makes perfect sense in the context of the game but it seems to break (or at least badly scratch) the combo challenge

Try to stay towards the edge, probably a step or so, and continue to move forward counter clock wise. As soon as he jumps up for his combos you can re-direct Starkiller slightly downward in order to keep from falling off the edge. This technique helps keep you from getting too close to the droid when constantly turning to keep from falling.

BSG Viper Jock
11-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Going around the droid is key, my flawless droid run was 47 seconds, and was driving me nuts. My first flawless 'round the droid' run was 1:02:789 and places me 249th in the leaderboard. Bloody glad that's done with.

Ferocious
11-13-2010, 08:19 AM
It's not glitched, however the mechanics could be more precise. For example if you are doing a combo and your enemy falls off the edge and another spawns.. that sometimes breaks the cycle. The skill requirement is nothing compared to trials in some games like Prototype, however the other factors (whether you get the combo broken from a spawning enemy, not facing the right direction, etc..) could be better. It's a fun game though. Some people claim getting it at a level 1 light saber is hardest because you have to literally nail it. So I tried it with a new character and yeah you can NOT get platinum however Gold is attainable at level 1 light sable because I got it a few times in a row. There's only an achievement for getting a platinum on one of the events so I wouldn't waste any extra time unless you enjoy the trials that much. The only reason I did all platinum on Prototype is because it was talked about as being one of the hardest achievements (skill-wise) and to be honest the mechanics and controls in that game were great once you got to know them. The combos in-game work just fine for SW:TF 2 however in the trial too many things interrupt it. You also shouldn't have to wait for the next one to appear on the screen to begin doing it because sometimes it doesn't appear right away nor should you have to face a certain way, the goal is to do the combo not face a certain way and then do it. Yes you can run around but even still that can easily have interruptions if your opponent gets too close like what another person said in this thread or if you're both angled a certain way at the wrong time.

It's definitely a fun game though if you like action games.. a lot of action in the game. Not to mention the last part of that Vadar fight was complete and utter ownage on Hard & Unleashed, so I'd assume the lower difficulties are too all the more.

CODveteran
12-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Glad to see no one is having issues on the combat trial anymore :Bounce::woop: