PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 3 Pro Drums Question

reelbigmartin
10-27-2010, 08:56 AM
To anyone with Pro Drums, I need your help!

When you play in regular (not pro) mode, when you do the freestyle bits to activate overdrive, do the symbals actually work as symbals? Or are they only for pro mode?

I know its not achievement related but these are the most helpful forums lol

neverendr
10-27-2010, 10:42 AM
They work as normal pads during rolls & fills on my ion setup...I haven't tried the stock drums, I only have the original RB1 bundle set and they're busted to hell. I wouldn't even have the ions, but I won them at a Gamestop midnight preorder party for guitar hero warriors of rock by playing expert guitar and winning a little tournament they had...I wish I had won a pro guitar, lol, but the ions are pretty cool for me to try to learn on since they can be set up however I want, I'm just waiting for the pro guitar with full strings, I won't blow $149 on the touch neck one, and my Gibson HX has a midi output so I'm hoping that might work, I need a midi to USB patch cord to try it I guess, since the soundcard on my pc has a midi in and out I never needed one.

When I played a song on standard drums this morning my cymbals just mirrored the other pads on my kit, I tried closer to the edge on pro and they worked as different pads altogether, so your mileage may vary depending on your kit.

NathAttack
10-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Doesn't matter whether I play Pro or Regular, the cymbals sound like cymbals and the pads sound like drums -- Pretty much the way Rock Band 2 was :)

PHART007
10-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Can you select a difficulty level on pro drum mode ? or does it have to be played on expert ?

Seems like a silly question to ask but i can't drum that well on expert, more of a hard person me.

Was gonna pick up the new drum kit with the game when it's released on friday. :)

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Yes, there are Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert difficulty for both modes on all instruments.

reelbigmartin
10-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Doesn't matter whether I play Pro or Regular, the cymbals sound like cymbals and the pads sound like drums -- Pretty much the way Rock Band 2 was :)

Thats what I wanted to hear :) I have the RB1 drums and no cymbals and when I do my fills theyre all drums and it iritates me lol but i'll upgrade to the pro drums now, thanks :)