PDA

View Full Version : FREE Swedish Death Metal CDs (providing the best things in life ARE free)

ApochWeiss
10-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Is it sad that one of the best albums I've heard this year is available for free on-line? One of my contacts sent me the new Torture Division compilations to listen to it, it covers the band's last three demos. Turns out, all the songs on it are on the band's website, and it's some of THE BEST Swedish Death Metal I've heard in a good while.

www.torturedivision.com

I know there's plenty of rabid Death Metal fans out there. I had to share it with you guys. I'm floored by the intensity and commanding Death Metal sound they play, but at the same time am pissed that I pay upwards of $15 US for a CD that generally isn't even half as good as this!

The thing I love about this is that Abyss Records put their first three and recent three demos out for sale, which is one of the two I'm reviewing now. The thing is, the label doesn't own the music, or the CD. The band doesn't even get paid from my understanding, which shocks me, they just ask for the sale numbers. Dan Swano produced the demos, which isnt' cheap. The band apparently also encourages fans to distribute it, even if that means to sell it and make a profit for yourself. I applaud their effort, I really do. It's great that a good band wants to do this kinda stuff and not be all about money.

Guess this really does prove that the best thing in life really ARE free :D