PDA

View Full Version : Face melter achievement

daz0128
10-27-2010, 01:05 PM
I played more the 3 of the 80's Metal DLC songs. I played all the songs listed below expert drums and 5 starred them all. Just curious as to why this achievement hasnt poped yet. Any help or info would be appreciated.

songs played:

anthrax - caught in the mosh
metallica - and justice for all, ride the lightning, blackened
motley crue - dr. feelgood, sos. kickstart my heart
judas priest - the hellion, bloodstone, take these, fever, devils child.

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 01:10 PM
People don't usually refer to drums as face melting, no matter how vicious they are. Try playing them on guitar.

daz0128
10-27-2010, 01:11 PM
thanks ill give that a go..... I enjoy playing the drums more than guitar / bass but will give that ago...

thanks for the tip.. now i dont have to waste anymore time on that..

Squalasura
10-27-2010, 01:32 PM
People don't usually refer to drums as face melting, no matter how vicious they are. Try playing them on guitar.

In his defense, it'd be much clearer to all involved had they just added the words "on guitar". Specifically the NIN cheevo, it should mention something about drums. A little common snese tells you what you need to do but I'm short on common sense these days, and would prefer to have it spelled out for me. :rock

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 01:46 PM
In his defense, it'd be much clearer to all involved had they just added the words "on guitar". Specifically the NIN cheevo, it should mention something about drums. A little common snese tells you what you need to do but I'm short on common sense these days, and would prefer to have it spelled out for me. :rock

Oh, I agree. I wasn't coming down on him. I don't have the achievement yet, so I was giving my rationale for telling him to try guitar.

But in HMX's defense, the challenges associated with those achievements do appear under the appropriate instrument, so they do tell you exactly what you need to play to get them. They want you to play the game, not the achievement list. They hope you go through the game enjoying the experience and discovering what they've put in, not just read down the achievement list playing what it necessary to pad your score.

MartyMcFly
10-27-2010, 03:44 PM
I played some 80's metal songs on Bass and didn't get the achievement either. I started to figure it must have to be on Guitar.

I'll be sure to try that later today when I get to play again :D

Kaira
10-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Yes, the Face melter achievement must be done on Guitar. For achievements, it's probably better just to do them straight from the goals. ^^

Squalasura
10-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Oh, I agree. I wasn't coming down on him. I don't have the achievement yet, so I was giving my rationale for telling him to try guitar.

But in HMX's defense, the challenges associated with those achievements do appear under the appropriate instrument, so they do tell you exactly what you need to play to get them. They want you to play the game, not the achievement list. They hope you go through the game enjoying the experience and discovering what they've put in, not just read down the achievement list playing what it necessary to pad your score.

I know you werent giving him a hard time. Was trying to back up his logic a little. I also feel stupid now as I didnt realize those achivements were actual in game goals. Good to know. I've been through some of the lists of goals but there's so many of them.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Yes, the Face melter achievement must be done on Guitar. For achievements, it's probably better just to do them straight from the goals. ^^

exactly, then u know exactly what to play, as the game automatically gives u the correct songs for that goal.

play 3 songs from harmonix bands? did that one, and it only gave me the songs by harmonix bands, i just had to choose whatever 3 to play. so much easier this way.