PDA

View Full Version : The Mutant League series

Tiamat66
05-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Anybody remember these? I loved the football, because that was always my sport. But the hockey blew me away. The evil coaches, all the crazy ass players... I spent hours skating up and down the ice beating the shit out of the other teams with those weapons. I didn't care about goals at all. I would love to see both these games come to XBL, I miss them alot.

The Pants Party
05-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Haha, I don't think I ever won a game of that by scoring, I always just killed the entire other team so they had to forfeit. I also liked knocked guys off the field on the space level, that ruled. GREAT games!

Scurvy Curr
07-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Y E S !!!

That is a game i totally forgot about...Mutant League Football!

The only team I can remember was the Midway Monsters and their running back "Bones Jackson"

PSP has MLF on one of its multigame games. I think it is midway treasures or something like that.

botafogo007
07-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Y E S !!!

That is a game i totally forgot about...Mutant League Football!

The only team I can remember was the Midway Monsters and their running back "Bones Jackson"

PSP has MLF on one of its multigame games. I think it is midway treasures or something like that.

Wow, old thread.

Anyway, MLF is out on an EA compilation for the PSP I think. Mutant League Hockey was one of my favorite games of all time. I loved the exploding pucks, the goals that were alive and would eat people, the holes in the ice where you'd see the corpses of those who'd fallen floating around underneath, and the chainsaws the crowd would toss into the rink.

Good, good times.

Fontler Elite
07-29-2008, 10:14 PM
MLH was plain fun, did not care much for MLF through. American football is not my cup of tea.

Elekid
12-23-2008, 06:33 AM
I'm not an American Football fan really but this game... my god... So many hours spent playing. I can still remember the sound the guys made when you would tackle them and they'd blow up. I also remember when they'd interview a guy, one of the things he'd say was: "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, dead bodies to the kitchen."

<3

Life And Death
03-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Fuck see'n them on XBLA I wanna see a remake that'd be the hottest shit since NBA 2k5 ( LoL! ).

I think they'd hook it up nice'ly I mean with the way money is go'n with all these people and company's not just for video game's I doubt they would just in case if Flop'd but I think it would be cool as hell to see one.

X a g1rl X
03-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Fuck see'n them on XBLA I wanna see a remake that'd be the hottest shit since NBA 2k5 ( LoL! ).

I think they'd hook it up nice'ly I mean with the way money is go'n with all these people and company's not just for video game's I doubt they would just in case if Flop'd but I think it would be cool as hell to see one.

I would really love to see life breathed back into this franchise. It was a real fun game.

I once had a crazy thought, to try and remake it somehow, maybe even improved if you could, with all the XBLA stuff they have now. But, I don't know how that stuff works and I think it's a little over my head.

the_wizard_666
01-23-2010, 07:06 AM
I know there was mention of a Mutant League Basketball that was supposedly in development...anyone know if a prototype has ever turned up for it?

thewyseone
01-30-2010, 07:55 AM
i want to buy this series but they seem a bit exspensive from being a rare game.i loved the muntant legue series though.bribing or killing the ref was always fun.:p

ChickinOnaChain
01-17-2012, 07:20 PM
OH YEAH! Football was the one I had. The farting option for the running back was awesome. A "need to be added" game for the 360.

Tybalt96
06-30-2013, 06:45 AM
Anybody remember these? I loved the football, because that was always my sport. But the hockey blew me away. The evil coaches, all the crazy ass players... I spent hours skating up and down the ice beating the shit out of the other teams with those weapons. I didn't care about goals at all. I would love to see both these games come to XBL, I miss them alot.

I loved the half time show where you threw explosives at performers :uzi:. If you got them all it said something like "Halftime tryouts next Tuesday".

bigbear2face
06-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Holy necro Batman! (though I guess that is what this whole forum section will be a for a little while).

I didn't play the Mutant League games very much but I do remember that there was briefly a cartoon show as well. That show was pure awesomeness.

Lord Chavbuster
07-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Holy crap this is so awesome some people remember this

MabusScarab
08-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Haha, I don't think I ever won a game of that by scoring, I always just killed the entire other team so they had to forfeit. I also liked knocked guys off the field on the space level, that ruled. GREAT games!

This exactly, I could never seem to score playing MLH but I was always able to win by slaughtering the opposing team.

I felt like the football was a bit easier to play as a sport but still much preferred killing over scoring.

RickNasty1187
10-21-2013, 02:48 AM
Holy hell, i had forgot about these games until seeing this thread. I remember my friend had football and hockey, but football was always my favorite. We would play for hours on end. Would love to play it again. Thanks for bringinf back so many good memories.

The Pants Party
10-21-2013, 03:01 AM
So there was a Kickstarter recently by the creator of this series. It failed. :(

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mendheim/mutant-football-league/