PDA

View Full Version : Bass Achievement Problem

GILLHUHN
10-27-2010, 02:57 PM
100% up strum achievement will not unlock on bass does it have to be a rock band 3 song and yes i tried hard like the description says.

MartyMcFly
10-27-2010, 03:48 PM
If you think that is what needs to be done then try it, then let us know :)

I got mine by playing "I Love Rock n Roll" by Joan Jett, which is a Rock Band 3. I picked that because it's the easier song ever.

Vulgar Rhombus
10-27-2010, 07:55 PM
I was having the same problem. I had to 100% like 4 songs on expert upstums before it unlocked for me.

twitchinmonkey
10-27-2010, 08:05 PM
It unlocked for me playing Imagine on expert today, first time I did 100% on the song.

xxm1llertimexx
10-27-2010, 09:13 PM
If you think that is what needs to be done then try it, then let us know :)

I got mine by playing "I Love Rock n Roll" by Joan Jett, which is a Rock Band 3. I picked that because it's the easier song ever.

did the same thing.....thanks for the info

jjoerger
10-28-2010, 05:25 AM
I got 100% on hard on 2 bob marley songs from DLC and it did not unlock. I then tried it on I faught the law from RB1 on Expert and it unlocked for me.

MartyMcFly
10-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Also, you may have to keep your streak going too. You can hit 100% but not get the achievement if you mess up in between notes.

Keep a full combo streak throughout the entire song and don't overstrum or anything and you should get it.

TwistedFate
10-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Also, you may have to keep your streak going too. You can hit 100% but not get the achievement if you mess up in between notes.

Keep a full combo streak throughout the entire song and don't overstrum or anything and you should get it.

None of the other 100% achievements have ever worked that way, and the other 100% achievements in RB3 don't work that way so this is probably not the problem.

Here are some the issues we had crop up trying to do it in RB2.
- Make sure your strum bar isn't snapping back down an registering a down hit accidentally.
- Big Rock Endings are part of the song. Do not just wail on the strum bar during BRE's thinking it's free time with bass guitar. Any down strums in the BRE will invalidate the achievement.

Shaynringan
10-28-2010, 02:52 PM
I could have sworn I got it, but did not get the achievement unlocked, but after I went to the Bass Career Goals and selected the Goal itself to initiate the play of a song, I successfully unlocked it on "The Con".

However I got the other ones like Flawless Expert Solo without having to select any particular goal so likely I just screwed up without knowing.

NoThru22
10-28-2010, 03:08 PM
I got it on Charlene on hard.

MartyMcFly
10-28-2010, 03:43 PM
None of the other 100% achievements have ever worked that way, and the other 100% achievements in RB3 don't work that way so this is probably not the problem.

Here are some the issues we had crop up trying to do it in RB2.
- Make sure your strum bar isn't snapping back down an registering a down hit accidentally.
- Big Rock Endings are part of the song. Do not just wail on the strum bar during BRE's thinking it's free time with bass guitar. Any down strums in the BRE will invalidate the achievement.

I know the others never worked like that, but I wasn't sure if maybe it was glitching for some people.

But what you described here was very similar to what I was saying. You're saying to be sure that the strum bar doesn't snap back down and register a down hit. If that happens, that's called overstrumming which is what I was talking about in my post.

TwistedFate
10-28-2010, 05:48 PM
But what you described here was very similar to what I was saying. You're saying to be sure that the strum bar doesn't snap back down and register a down hit. If that happens, that's called overstrumming which is what I was talking about in my post.

While what I was talking is an overstrum, it's not the overstrum that is the problem in my scenario, which is why I didn't refer to it as such. It's the accidental downstrum.

AndyHat
10-28-2010, 07:02 PM
I was pretty sure I should have gotten this on a couple songs, and didn't, so I chose the goal explicitly in career and played a song with the little 100% gauge in the corner, and then it unlocked just fine.

I think I still have issues with my bass HO/PO count not incrementing, though. I got the 50 HO/PO bass goal again by explicitly choosing that goal in career.

(And I still can't get the goal for beating a song as a band to complete; does that require a local band? It sure isn't unlocking playing in XBL bands.)

Of course, those latter two aren't achievement, so maybe not as important.

Shaynringan
10-28-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm assuming that goal is local band considering that I played several online songs and it failed to trigger.