PDA

View Full Version : Freeze Factor?

ponypo2001
10-27-2010, 07:13 PM
My copy of this arrived this morning and I just popped it in to get some easy points. First song and the game kept doing stuttery freezes everytime it comes to a star power moment or when the multiplier increases. Couple more songs of this and then it froze my whole box.

I'm currently installing to HD to see if this helps but was curious if my disc is dodgy or if other's are having the same problem?

And no, I didn't pirate it, it came from shopto this morning (in before anyone points the finger).

EDIT : Oh fuck this shit, it plays 10 times worse off the shitting HD. Why do I pay my fucking money for broken games? I've done nothing but deal with game bugs and crap like this all month.

Indy Princess
10-28-2010, 01:12 PM
I am having the same problem. Mine is freezing my whole Xbox on the 'Boot Camp' segment. I tried it a couple of times but it freezes in the same place. Really annoying but the game is so terrible that I can't be bothered to get it replaced, I'll just trade it in and cut my losses.

The Wee Bear
10-28-2010, 05:24 PM
I've had no tech problems with mine but what a pile of poo it is, it's complete waste of my 24 thank god i never paid any more for it. Steer well clear of it. :(

ponypo2001
10-28-2010, 06:00 PM
I've had no tech problems with mine but what a pile of poo it is, it's complete waste of my 24 thank god i never paid any more for it. Steer well clear of it. :(

Hmm, quick question mate, are you playing on a newer xbox 360, ie, the slim or an older model? I'm playing on a recent xbox but not a slim. I'm wondering if this is a contributing factor at all.

C0lourmegrey
10-28-2010, 06:21 PM
No problems here either, old pre-hdmi machine & on other newer hdmi equipped model, both using the same 120gb hdd off an elite. not installed game to hdd. Fucking awful pile of shit game though & very poor song choices. still nearly 300GS in 5 mins isn't bad i guess. not on profile yet as since moving house a month or so back my xboxes are in diff room & not connected wirelessly yet

The Wee Bear
10-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Hmm, quick question mate, are you playing on a newer xbox 360, ie, the slim or an older model? I'm playing on a recent xbox but not a slim. I'm wondering if this is a contributing factor at all.
Yes it's a slim and installed to HD :)

TGI PassionPiG
10-29-2010, 04:26 PM
This game takes the piss. Im also having the freezing issues. its alsways the same part of the same song (beautiful day - u2). So i cannot physically continue my career because the game forces u to sing this song at a certain point. As somebody mentioned above - why the fuck am i paying full price for games from shops that are broken!!!???

elsmitmyster
10-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Agree with the fact this this game is utter shite. Why are all the songs cover versions too? Complete rip-off.

Mattlus2002
10-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Mine also freezes on 'Beautiful Day' by U2, right on the last second of the song, in Boot Camp 3rd Stage so I can't continue my career. I think I'll just try to get a refund on the game cos its just a pile of crap!

DubNut86
10-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Mine also freezes on 'Beautiful Day' by U2, right on the last second of the song, in Boot Camp 3rd Stage so I can't continue my career. I think I'll just try to get a refund on the game cos its just a pile of crap!

Same thing happens to me! :mad:

KiddingPigeon
11-01-2010, 09:56 AM
It froze on me only once, and went a bit dodgy with achievements popping up, but apart from that the game is not as bad as people are making out, its like a 5/10

J1MB0B 84
11-01-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't have a problem with the actual gameplay but it is out of sync and has no option to calibrate it in the menus!! Mine also has the stuttering ... it does it when it gets to 6000 (bronze disc) etc etc.
Anyone have any ideas on the calibration issue or having the same problem?

rubiq
11-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Same thing happens to me! :mad:

same happens to me also..

installing to HD resolved the problems... not that I want to keep this on the HD that long lol

dotcomgeezer
11-23-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm normally very tolerent of bad games but I have to say that this is a real bad game, I don't mind the terrible graphics I just love to sing but it is so out of sync and there's no option to calibrate the mic, it stutters 3 to 4 times during a song, I have never played such a bad game in my life.

So please save your money people, its not even worth it for chievos!

dcg

P155monkey
11-26-2010, 08:55 AM
yeah i have problems all the time with stuttering. I have 3 sets of mics and the only set that plays semi well is the lips mics. even then it just somes times doesnt recognise your voice :/ I tend to notice the largest freeze sections just prior to achieves popping up. Hopefully it will get patched but i somehow doubt this will be the case :/

maur1c1o
12-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Its good to know im not the only one who had this problem it kept freezing my xbox too it happened 3 time in a few hours before i decided to install it to the hard drive which does help a bit but still lags im taking it back hopefully get a refund