PDA

View Full Version : Canadian avatar items

Sabre Captain
10-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Wouldn't it be great for me and my fellow canucks out there to have your avatar holding his tim hortons cup? or hoisting the stanley cup? or putting on one of his favorite hockey team jerseys? I dunno about the rest...but I could have better allocated those soccer and NCAA shirts in the avatar store. Bet there isn't too many canadians buying NCAA shirts. lol.

What do you guys think? I would to see some great Canadian items. And lets not forget how much beaver we have here. ;) Yet another cool avatar pet/item.

Elit3 m0nkey
10-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Well you can buy a hockey stick and Maple leaf hat, but ya totally agree. Maybe EA can release some jerseys for NHL 11 like they did with Madden.

Also love the Tim Hortons Cup idea, I would buy that right away

Opiate42
10-28-2010, 06:10 PM
I think this is a great idea. I remember the "Canada Day Theme" they had some time ago, it was red and white and sucked all over.

A Timmie's Cup in one hand a box of donuts in the other with a Timbit's hockey jersey.

This will never happen due to it potentially "advertising and promoting underage drinking" but would be awesome:
Beer. Lots and lots of beer. I'd buy an avatar Creemore Springs or Big Rock Brewery shirt any day.

connor2hd
10-29-2010, 02:50 AM
I would rather have my character carry an ACR than a Maple Leaf jersey

Sabre Captain
10-30-2010, 04:53 PM
I dont think getting an agreement with tim hortons or the nhl for licensing their products would be that difficult. They have to do that with everything that is name branded anyways. Who else is going to buy a timmies cup other than us Canadians. lol. I would get that right away myself.
Microsoft could just make donations to the tim hortons childrens camps...or tid bits hockey in exchange to use their cup as an avatar item. In either case...I'm sure they needed contracts for all the world cup/NCAA..etc...products on there. This woudnt be any different.

I wont comment on the ACR vs Maple leafs jersey..LOL. We all like different teams...but my main reason is that hockey is Canadas sport. (technically its lacross..but hockey for me and likely most others)

You go into any bar/pub in canada...if they have a tv then its likely playing a hockey game over any other sport. Even the baseball playoffs thats going on...this is totally true and totally funny! they were playing at a sports bar...2 hockey games but not the world series game 1. And the best part...was that the hockey teams are both not too popular. Think it was ATL vs NYR. It was funny because it was on the local radio station here that it was on hockey til someone requested one tv be changed to game 1. lol.