PDA

View Full Version : Undead Treasure Hunter

CMorales526
10-28-2010, 01:39 AM
I'm at 96% and I have no idea how to get to the first treasure location. I know where it is and I have checked the video that was posted her but I do not know exactly how to get there can anyone help me out?

nfntjy
10-28-2010, 01:47 AM
the treasure map is found at the random campsites that you will find around. There is a fire, a tent, a man with a gun, and a female zombie tied to a stake. They appear in random locations, and there is always a chest that you can steal from. Sometimes the chest will not contain the map on the first try though.

Open the chest, and the man will shoot at you, so be prepared. These campsites appear randomly so keep your ears open for a man saying things like:

"youre looking a bit pale, dear" "come site down for a while" etc

also, investigate any blue dot that appears on your mini-map.

CMorales526
10-28-2010, 01:59 AM
I already have the map and I am in the little alcove that it's supposed to be in, but the small pile of rocks is no where to be found.

nfntjy
10-28-2010, 02:02 AM
sorry, not sure how i misread what you posted. I'm not sure why the pile is not showing up... did you actually read the map first (I don't know if that makes a difference or not)?

I think i remember the first one being to the left side in that little alcove.

CMorales526
10-28-2010, 02:08 AM
It was my mistake, initially I couldn't figure out how to get to the actual location then I found the spot. But I'm checking the video online and where I'm standing in the game and the pile of rocks isn't there. I'm gonna restart the game and see if it appears.

Hyakotake
10-30-2010, 09:18 AM
ALL 5 TREASURE HUNTER RANKS

The easiest method is to just follow the video guide posted in another thread:
YouTube - Red Dead Redemption - Undead Treasure Hunter Guide

Some people like to read descriptions and make a minimal effort of searching for themselves (the way I did it), so here goes.

RANK 1 - Map location: MacFarlane Ranch
Ride straight northwest to the small gulch (actually located outside the bright green map area).

RANK 2 - Map location: Venter's Place
Venter's Place is south of Armadillo. Ride there and go a short bit east from Venter's.

RANK 3 - Map location: Scratching Post
Scratching Post is south of Gaptooth Breach, very close to the river. Easiest approach is from the north of the two tall mountains.

RANK 4 - Map location: Sepulchro
From the Sepulchro graveyard ride straight south to the palm trees.

RANK 5 - Map location: Casa Madrugada
Ride west from Casa and hug the cliff wall (you must go left of the road turning uphill/right when riding west). Ride (or walk to be safe, as the horse can easily skid and fall down) west along the cliff side to a small outcropping.

(This text may be freely copied to any guide if deemed worthy) :-)

JRV5207
10-30-2010, 10:09 AM
great guide man thkz this will really help me

Tribunal Power
10-31-2010, 08:18 AM
Don't mean to hijack a thread, but it looks like you're done with it, and it's better to recycle than to start a new one with the same name. ~_~

Okay, people. I've been wandering around the God-forsaken southlands for a collective total of five hours. Five hours of riding around listening to this dolt moan. Five hours of endless hoofbeats. Five hours of investigating stupid blue dots, seeing no chest, or opening a chest and getting f***ing revolver ammo. I'm sick of it.

What the hell am I doing wrong? I played through the entire story, did all of everything else. I'm at 96%, just like the OP, and I cannot find this map.

Either I screwed something up, or my luck really is as bad as I think it is. I can't imagine how some people found it before completing the story when I've put a total of about eight hours into this damn campaign and I haven't found it yet. I'm losing my mind, and once I'm done tearing my hair out, I may introduce my controller to my TV screen.

Hyakotake
10-31-2010, 09:11 AM
I found the map within the first hour of gameplay! I was up north around the great plains and going out to the northwest.

I found the man eating his wife (err, or whatever sick thing he is doing - feeding her human flesh or whatnot) by the roadside in a small tent and a campfire. I rode up, killed the bastard in all his misery and opened the camp chest to find the map.

Apparently it's one of the random encounters that just spawn. I don't think they'll spawn far from roads (out in the middle of the plains or deserts), so my advice is to stick to riding back and forth up north using the roads, and maybe help the random encounters you meet - it should eventually spawn.

Tribunal Power
10-31-2010, 09:25 AM
I found the map within the first hour of gameplay! I was up north around the great plains and going out to the northwest.

I found the man eating his wife (err, or whatever sick thing he is doing - feeding her human flesh or whatnot) by the roadside in a small tent and a campfire. I rode up, killed the bastard in all his misery and opened the camp chest to find the map.

Apparently it's one of the random encounters that just spawn. I don't think they'll spawn far from roads (out in the middle of the plains or deserts), so my advice is to stick to riding back and forth up north using the roads, and maybe help the random encounters you meet - it should eventually spawn.

Yeah, I've been following the roads all over the map. I've systematically visited each city dozens of times, and I've crawled over every inch of road in the game. I've seen each random encounter more times than I can count. I've opened more chests in this experience than in the rest of my RDR experience combined.

This is very frustrating. I could be using this time to play Fallout, but nooooo, I have to wander around for the rest of eternity looking for a freaking map.

Bigfoot? Chupacabra? Unicorn? No problem. But a piece of scrap paper with an obscure drawing on it? Not gonna happen. ~____~;

Mister Buds
10-31-2010, 04:33 PM
i have about four hours playtime in this dlc and i haven't seen this random encounter even once.

superdupergizmo
11-01-2010, 12:24 PM
thanks for this, loads helpful.

Scnew
11-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I got mine right at the start of the game. I was riding around Tall Trees when someone told me his brother was trapped in a cabin. I followed him there, cleared the place of zombies, helped the guy out, and got the map. It's not exclusively found in the guy-and-zombie-wife encounters.