PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Axe Guy

xOLRxHITMAN
05-20-2007, 04:51 AM
What Do You Do Against The Axe Guy In The Merlin Hills Level 13

The Pants Party
05-20-2007, 04:56 AM
Have your Ogre Power ready by the time you get to him and use it, pummel him for a bit and then when you is about to swing, jump away, then go back in for more. When he does the spin attack, do the same thing, just move away until he is done and move back in.

xOLRxHITMAN
05-20-2007, 05:00 AM
thanx man i just figured it out right as you posted thanx good work on the achievement guide

NATAS1603
03-04-2009, 08:21 AM
thanx pants again 4 helpn me out once again...

Lord Chabelo
03-27-2009, 03:51 AM
You can also run towards the camera and after a certain point the axe guy wont follow you. Then you can just jump at him with the strong punch and the jump back to the edge of the screen where he wont follow you. Repeat until he is dead.

Revil0
04-25-2009, 11:49 AM
i also had ogre power when i done this made it alot easier

Bahaumaut
05-26-2009, 05:29 AM
I've found that Jump + B does the most good against him. I tried Ogre Power on the stage, and I ended up dying because he went into that axe spin while I was using it, which killed me. But once I started the jump with the ground slam, it would interrupt his attacks. Seems to work for everyone; I think Fiona meets another one late in the game, and it worked for me then. Just use it, then jump away again.

ElvinLust
07-19-2010, 04:58 PM
He was not that hard on non-Grimm difficulty and all those methods would work. However, when on Grimm difficulty, even with Shrek's Knight Armor (which I highly recommend), it only takes two hits to be killed and have to start all over on him. This can happen very easily if you don't hit block fast enough when he starts to spin, and then you are dead.

Though annoying and time consuming, I have found the best way to defeat him is to face him in a block and wait for him to start spinning. Right after the axe passes over your head in his final spin, go and punch him then immediately block again. I tried using the strong punch (B-button) but found that all too often it didn't leave me enough time to block again before getting hit (thanks to slow fighting reaction times in the game). So I resorted to using the quick punch (X-button). If your screen starts flashing with damage (even just a little bit) hold the block button until he pushes you away with his spin attack (remember that you will get hit twice with the axe before you are out of his reach most times), then run away to the front of the screen and heal. It is very annoying but trust me you are going to want to run away at the first sign of damage as all he needs is one good unblocked hit at that point and you are gone. I have found it very hard to run away from him during any attack other than his spin attack, he has long arms. It takes a freakin long time to kill him but eventually he will anti-climatically fall to a small punch.

In addition, when you have to fight another one as Fiona in the catacombs I recommend the same tactic with the exception that you have to be a little more creative when you run away to heal. I always found it easiest to have him attacking you toward the screen in the center of the circle, then run over and stand between the pillars on the right when you need to heal. He will run right into the pillar and not be able to reach you. Then run out and around the bottom of the screen and lead him in a big circle so you can get in front of him again and make him attack you towards the screen. With Fiona, sometimes you can get her strong attacks in with the B-button easier than Shrek can.

This is just my method that proved to be pretty bullet-proof while obnoxiously tedious. Good luck.

xosaara137ox
11-15-2010, 07:32 PM
I've found that Jump + B does the most good against him. I tried Ogre Power on the stage, and I ended up dying because he went into that axe spin while I was using it, which killed me. But once I started the jump with the ground slam, it would interrupt his attacks. Seems to work for everyone; I think Fiona meets another one late in the game, and it worked for me then. Just use it, then jump away again.

I think Jump + B works the best, too. If you do it repeatedly he has no chance to hit you.

Daemonic
04-08-2011, 09:47 AM
cheers guys. was starting to go insane till i found this

pizzabit
08-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Another way that I tried doing it is this. Destroy the bottom canon and leave the top one untouched. Kill all the loose mobs and open the door.

After that, lead the giant towards the first canon . Basically what i did was just continue to block (behind the first canon) and the giant will try to attack me on the right side.

What happened would be that the canon on top will continue to shoot at my direction and most of the time, the canon ball would hit the giant. Remain at that position blocking until the giant is killed by the canon.