PDA

View Full Version : How to? (Public Menace, Perfect X, etc.)

tS-BLiTZ
10-28-2010, 05:17 AM
There's not really a good thread for figuring out achievements people haven't gotten yet, so here goes!

How do you get perfect plants, perfect meals, etc.?

How do you become a public menace?

Is there an easy way to reach 1000 wishes, or do you really have to grind for like 50 hours?

Easy way to get $15k in the Firestorm fire?

Does "property value" mean unfurnished value? Because that's a LOT O_O

Let's figure this all out :)

Minty
10-28-2010, 05:53 AM
This is all guesswork as I haven't got them...

Property value must mean unfurnished, otherwise the 20k achievement is glitched.

The perfect plants/meals, I assume you have to level up high enough in that particular skill trend, read how to grow/cook that meal/plant, buy/find the ingredients/seeds.

15k of damage, you could remove the smoke detector, set an untrained cooking sim in to cook something, wait for the fire and then the value of the house should be 15k....I'm assuming neighbours don't call the FD for you.

And some of the wishes are easy- like you can get 2 for the same thing at the same time, for easy stuff like donate $100 to charity. But the grind seems likely.

Mojo I Uk
10-28-2010, 06:27 AM
For Public menace

Return a stolen object
Be mean 10 times - Create mean character
Steal 20 things with a kleptomaniac Sim - As title suggests
Become enemies with 15 sims - Be mean until they hate
Steal candy from 5 babies - Havent tried this yet

What i started doing was designing the traits of a sim and starting game,getting the challenge and save and quit

Perfect X

So far i have the fish one, just kept fishing and got a perfect one at level 5/6

Havent tried gardening yet

The property value seems to be furnished, but im currently working on an easy(ier) way for the 350k, so will let you know.Currently going for the child prodigy and should have the 1k in 4 days im guessing, with solutions wrote up. Maybe quicker depending if all goes well anyway!!

Oh and the 20k is 35k :P

tS-BLiTZ
10-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the public menace info. Didn't see that it was a meta challenge.

For Perfect x, I've had max cooking and gardening on many sims, and nothing they do seems to give me perfect >_< I'll keep trying I guess.

How do we know property value is unfurnished or furnished? I think I got the 35k achievement with furnished value, but it's worded slightly different I guess. I'll just have to find out eventually. I was stupid and spent all my money owning all the companies in town. I'll just assume furnished for now.

For the 15k damage, it's not that simple. The fire will eventually sizzle out, or neighbor sims will come extinguish if they pass by. I couldn't manage to get higher than 5k. I must be doing something wrong here, or I need to just take out all the doors and UNLOAD on my house with 4 firestorms. Any idea if you get the insurance money just..after the fire is out? Like if I manage to just burn down the entire house, would it count?

And thanks for info and thoughts so far guys :) Seems like not many are playing this hardcore.

Wyborn Amnell
10-28-2010, 07:24 PM
For cooking, I've got a few of the perfect meals done myself. I had my Sim get up to level 10 in cooking, he's also level 10 in the cooking career which gives you a new fridge that is higher quality than those available in buy mode. When using that fridge and the most expensive stove he seems to cook perfect meals almost every time.

tS-BLiTZ
10-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Once I grow a plant and it has a quality (I have a bunch of Great apple trees and stuff) do I keep fertilizing and tending to it, or will it never upgrade? Like, do I have to go buy new seeds and get them to perfect?

SW337 LYK C4NDI
11-30-2010, 06:59 AM
I know one of the easiest ways to get the $15,000 insurance check..My friend told me how to get it...Make a medium sized room in ur backyard, put lots of rugs on the floor and carpet, put wallpaper, and put the most expensive furnitures in there, tvs,beds,chairs,audio..all that, and then use the karma fire power and make sure u DONT put a door on that room so no one can get in there, cuz then no one can put out the fire, and it worked for me, u just watch it burn little by little, but no one will be able to get in there and I got a 25.000 insurance check, and my achievement, I just didnt save, but oh well, didnt want to deal with all the money i spent...So theres one way to do it.