PDA

View Full Version : Lit up under notes?

auburn fury
10-28-2010, 10:22 AM
I've watched a few videos and i was just wondering what it means when there's lights under the notes?

It generally happens on drums on the songs i've seen, like the cymbals at the intro to Beast and the Harlot, and the trills in the solo on guitar on crazy train?

Can you just go wild or something?

Itsbrown4606
10-28-2010, 01:26 PM
You mean... Overdrive phrases?

SebastianSB
10-28-2010, 01:49 PM
I assume you're talking about the sections where the background of the notes are highlighted by a long bar that's the same color as the notes. (it looks kind of like a mini-Big Rock Ending).

For guitar and bass they're used for trills (alternating notes, such as blue-orange-blue-orange repeating) and alt-strumming sections (same note strummed quickly).

For drums they're used for drum rolls.

In both cases they're meant to make the section a bit easier to combo. Instead of having to hit every single note exactly you just have to match the overall speed or even go a bit faster if you want.

auburn fury
10-28-2010, 06:57 PM
I assume you're talking about the sections where the background of the notes are highlighted by a long bar that's the same color as the notes. (it looks kind of like a mini-Big Rock Ending).

For guitar and bass they're used for trills (alternating notes, such as blue-orange-blue-orange repeating) and alt-strumming sections (same note strummed quickly).

For drums they're used for drum rolls.

In both cases they're meant to make the section a bit easier to combo. Instead of having to hit every single note exactly you just have to match the overall speed or even go a bit faster if you want.

This is what i meant, cheers. Quite excited for this tomorrow now :)