PDA

View Full Version : Career Goals

solo6468
10-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Does anybody know if new goals will be added as new DLC comes out? I liked Rock Band 2 where challenges were added as new songs were added. Thanks for any info!

MuscularTea
10-28-2010, 01:04 PM
I would say since for the goals that are there for each instrument now seem to be linked to whatever dlc I own none there are for anything else. I don't have a queen related dlc goal because I don't have any queen dlc like the ones for the achievements so I assume that to be true.

Shaynringan
10-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah, this seems to be present in the game's code already.

For example I have goals that require me to play songs by Parry Gripp, MC Frontalot and Jonathan Coulton, which I don't remember seeing before I decided to download NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM and Girl at the Video Game Store.

MartyMcFly
10-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Agreed, there's definitely goals that go along with DLC. I forget the name, but I had a goal to 5-star "You got another thing coming" by Judas Priest on guitar.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah, this seems to be present in the game's code already.

For example I have goals that require me to play songs by Parry Gripp, MC Frontalot and Jonathan Coulton, which I don't remember seeing before I decided to download NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM and Girl at the Video Game Store.

nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom!!!!! !!!!!!!!

such a funny song, my friends got a kick out of it. anyways, i also have that same goal, but i dont have any songs by MC Frontalot. i do have some by jonathon coulton and parry grip.

so, some people may have more or less goals, depending on whats in their current library. i have goals for lego RB, greenday RB, acdc RB, RB1 and i havent exported RB2 yet, but i assume the same for them.

Napp
10-28-2010, 05:01 PM
I was dying when I saw the Parry Gripp, MC Frontalot Goal. I need me some Jonathan Coulton :(

So is this confirming that the goals are automatically there with the game and you don't need to download the songs to see the goals? Because so far I've got DLC for all the goals then

Shaynringan
10-28-2010, 05:28 PM
To clarify, what I experienced was that I did not see the Parry Gripp/Frontalot/Coulton challenge until I downloaded some songs by those artists.

To also clarify the goal Marty McFly sees for You Got Another Thing Coming, I do NOT see because I don't own that song. However if I downloaded that song then the goal would appear.

To put it on a grander scale I see no goals for ACDC Rock Band because I do not have it. If I did export it, the goals would appear.

The reason I assume for this is to only show goals for DLC you have, so you dont feel bad for not having 100% completion for goals involving songs you don't want.

MartyMcFly
10-28-2010, 07:48 PM
To clarify,
The reason I assume for this is to only show goals for DLC you have, so you dont feel bad for not having 100% completion for goals involving songs you don't want.

Exactly right.

Napp
10-29-2010, 04:12 AM
I would like to know which songs have these though. I can list the ones I have

mietha CAG
10-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Does anybody know if new goals will be added as new DLC comes out? I liked Rock Band 2 where challenges were added as new songs were added. Thanks for any info!
I REALLY hope so, but as far as I know, no statement has been made either way as of yet.

Shaynringan
10-30-2010, 03:32 PM
If you guys are curious yeah then maybe we can pool knowledge.

Going off of memory:: I have a challenge that requires 5 Star Vocals on all four Lady Gaga songs, one to get 5 Star Vocals on "Red Devil", another for "El Scorcho". "Forever" by In This Moment has a 100% vocal challenge.

There's one odd challenge that makes you play "Don't Stop Believing", "Move Along", "All the Small Things", and "Dirty Little Secret" and at least one other. I may be wrong on a couple of those but can look it up later.

There's another one that has something ridiculous like "Re: Your Brains", "Poker Face", and two other bizarre selections that I can't remember off the top of my head. The goal says something along the lines like "play this very unique setlist".

There is no goal for having all Freezepop songs. :(

I know those for sure, and when I get home I can check what else I have. I'll be sure to get both the song requirements, song name, and goal so it can be comprehensive data.