PDA

View Full Version : Live ID change.

epidemic1979
10-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Just a quick question regarding live IDs. I have a new e-mail address that I use more than the original e-mail address I signed up to live with 3 years ago. I know there's a option to change your ID associated with your gamertag on the dashboard on the xbox. But my question is if I change my ID to my new one will I lose all my associated purchases, gamerscore? Or are those attached to my tag itself rather than the windows live. ID. Could anyone clarify for me. Thanks.

i got squeezed
10-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Nothing will erase if you change emails, your gamerscore will stay the same on the gamertag itself, I changed mine like twice now a while back, if you want to keep your saves, keep the HD

gamerguy69
10-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Your downloads and purchases are associated with your GAMERTAG. Your GAMERTAG is linked to a Windows LIVE ID. You can make a new LIVE ID and link it to your GAMERTAG. It won't affect your previous downloads and purchases. They are still yours to keep.

Kind of related, if someone was to ever sell you an Xbox with downloads on the HDD, you would need to demand the password for the LIVE ID that those were purchased on. You could then make another ID and associate that GAMERTAG to it. If you don't, then the person would then be able to recover the licenses and re-downloaded everything back onto another console.

epidemic1979
10-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciate your advise.

i got squeezed
10-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciate your advise.

Glad we could help out, the other guy made it more clear lol