PDA

View Full Version : Endless Setlist 3

Bassani
10-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Has anyone done this yet? Id hate to spend 7 hours trying to go platinum if the icons are no more. The previous RBs has specific achievements for such, this one is only to complete it.

Please if you say that it can be done, have the proof from doing this or from seeing the icons online. Thanks

Shaynringan
10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
I have no proof as I have not tried it. I will be trying it Saturday night on Expert Guitar, for fun and the 50GS for beating it in general but also to see if the icons exist.

muzykalscorpio
10-28-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm planning on giving it a go the next time I have two days off back to back (or a very early morning shift followed by a day off).

However, I'm gonna go Expert Bass on this.

I don't know how they handle "Imagine" (John Lennon) in this Endless Setlist, but it doesn't have a guitar part? Or at least, when 5*ing all Expert songs, I could only do 82 on Guitar and had to do the last one on another instrument - but that was the only time I switched it up.

Not to mention, should help knock out a couple more achievements along the way, but.

Do note that it will take a long ass time, *of course*, but there is no difficulty attached to it, I think ; so I'm half guessing there may not be any icons for it this time, as well as half guessing it's just once again dependent on the difficulty you clear it on... etc., etc., things people already know...

Shaynringan
10-28-2010, 06:41 PM
On that note I remembered and just wanted to offer my opinion that there may not be icons due to the fact every rewards seems to be so based on the GOALS system and there is only one Goal for Endless Setlist - beat it, no difficulty or instrument required.

MuscularTea
10-28-2010, 07:15 PM
I think if they're going to have icons i'll be from completing so many goals and ranking up. I'm at completionist rank now.

coughdrop777
10-28-2010, 09:46 PM
I just completed it and I didn't get any special icon which was a bit disappointing. All i got where more things for my character.

Jester0700
10-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I completed it to. There are no icons after completing the endless setlist.

Kaira
10-28-2010, 11:13 PM
How long does endless setlist 3 take to finish?

coughdrop777
10-29-2010, 12:45 AM
How long does endless setlist 3 take to finish?

it took me about 6 1/2 hours but that is just an approximation as i took a couple breaks in between songs

Mr Anarchy Duck
10-29-2010, 01:21 AM
can I finish it on easy? on easy mode you cannot fail so if you put it on easy you can just put the controller down and walk away and do something else essentially

coughdrop777
10-29-2010, 01:43 AM
can I finish it on easy? on easy mode you cannot fail so if you put it on easy you can just put the controller down and walk away and do something else essentially

the problem with that is that you would have to come back after every song because unlike in rock band 1 and 2 you have to press continue to get to the next song. But besides that, yeah i guess that would be fine.

Kaira
10-29-2010, 02:12 AM
it took me about 6 1/2 hours but that is just an approximation as i took a couple breaks in between songs

My friend has been singing for the last two hours. I imagine his throat will be sore by the time he is done. So far 28 songs have gone by out of 83. I suppose approximately 3-4 more hours will go by before he is done with the whole thing. :\ He doesn't plan to take breaks. :\

RealistIdealist
10-29-2010, 03:56 AM
My friend has been singing for the last two hours. I imagine his throat will be sore by the time he is done. So far 28 songs have gone by out of 83. I suppose approximately 3-4 more hours will go by before he is done with the whole thing. :\ He doesn't plan to take breaks. :\

I had to do that for the Bladder of Steel in RB2 on expert vocals. If you have a good enough throat you can do it and not be sore the next day. Or you can get a friend to come over and help too. I think that game had just as much music if not more.

pestyoverlord
10-29-2010, 04:21 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew if people could jump in and out with you while playing the endless set list? Or if I could switch instruments throughout?

Gravedigger31133
10-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Can i just select all the songs in quickplay or is there a road challenge?

Kaira
10-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Can we stop to change instruments without making us restart?

MuscularTea
10-29-2010, 11:37 AM
I had to do that for the Bladder of Steel in RB2 on expert vocals. If you have a good enough throat you can do it and not be sore the next day. Or you can get a friend to come over and help too. I think that game had just as much music if not more.

Rockband 2 had 1 more song, but I'm 90% sure this one will take longer considering a lot of the songs (ie Free Bird) are really long in comparison to the other games.

Can we stop to change instruments without making us restart?

I wouldn't mind knowing that either. With the way it works you might be able to, but I doubt it. :/

SebastianSB
10-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Rockband 2 had 1 more song, but I'm 90% sure this one will take longer considering a lot of the songs (ie Free Bird) are really long in comparison to the other games.

There are more long songs this time, but there are also more short songs. If I remember correctly there are at least 5-6 songs that are below three minutes.

Napp
10-30-2010, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't mind knowing that either. With the way it works you might be able to, but I doubt it. :/

In response to stopping and changing instruments:

I really don't feel like testing it on my first play through but I just did the Endless Setlist over night and my controller turned off while I was sleeping and when I turned it on I had the option to pick my instrument. I HIGHLY doubt it would affect the achievement but I wasn't gonna test it until I had my achievement. :woop:

Shaynringan
10-30-2010, 03:13 PM
You can swap instruments and difficulties, and even have people join in and/or drop while it's in progress.

Just wait until you're at the screen in between songs and you can press start on another instrument and pick "SWAP TO _____".