PDA

View Full Version : Can I use Rockband 1 Instruments with Rockband 3

hocks88
10-28-2010, 06:28 PM
As title says, will it work? What are the main drawbacks, as I have those instruments and wont be forking out for the new instruments. Thanks

Shaynringan
10-28-2010, 06:38 PM
They will.

The microphone of course would work flawlessly with no drawback. The drums would work and the only drawback is you would still need the pro drumkit upgrade if you wanted to play pro drums. If you dont care about pro drums thats a non issue.

Guitar will work just fine. You will just not be able to play Pro Guitar/Bass.

The lack of a keyboard will also be evident but if you don't care about that, then you're good. Either way the game is sold with a keyboard as a bundle if you want, otherwise you can buy it separate and enjoy it with RB1 controls.

I only have 2 guitars, 1 from RB1 (wired) and my Beatles Rock Band control. They work great.

hocks88
10-28-2010, 06:45 PM
awsome, well I may go and pick that up then, I was thinking also they do the guitar hero bundle with a new guitar, does anyone have that? Or is rockband the better game to get?

Shaynringan
10-28-2010, 07:19 PM
From a personal stand point I favor Rock Band. This is the best Rock Band yet, and Rock Band has a more extensive music DLC library to choose from.

The Rock Band bundle with the keyboard is about the same price if i recall correctly, and you get the bonus of being able to play a whole new instrument type that GH does not offer.

docalien
10-28-2010, 09:27 PM
I had actually been waiting to get a full band bundle as they had done for previous RB games and was quite disappointed when they didn't do one. So I'm still rocking the RB1 guitar/drums/mic. I have one of the GH3 guitars as well, but I hardly use it. The small size just annoys me.

Anyone have any comparisons for the RB2 guitar versus the RB3 one? Not the ones for pro mode, but just the regular guitars. If I can find a RB2 one for a decent price and there really isn't much difference, I might upgrade that route. But I'm definitely saving up for that pro drum kit.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-28-2010, 11:39 PM
They will.

The microphone of course would work flawlessly with no drawback. The drums would work and the only drawback is you would still need the pro drumkit upgrade if you wanted to play pro drums. If you dont care about pro drums thats a non issue.

Guitar will work just fine. You will just not be able to play Pro Guitar/Bass.

The lack of a keyboard will also be evident but if you don't care about that, then you're good. Either way the game is sold with a keyboard as a bundle if you want, otherwise you can buy it separate and enjoy it with RB1 controls.

I only have 2 guitars, 1 from RB1 (wired) and my Beatles Rock Band control. They work great.

just to add to this, the RB1 drum kit does not feature cymbal expansions, only with the RB2 or the coming RB3 kit can u get the expansions as they have 3 3.5mm jacks on the back of the drums.

so, RB1 drums would work, but only up to expert. for Pro you will need a new drum kit altogether.

tacticalaaz182
10-29-2010, 12:01 PM
I was thinking of getting this game but im pretty new to the music games like guitar hero and rockband. I got the Guitar Hero W.O.R band bundle last week and i just need to know whether those instuments will be compatable with this game?
Cheers

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-29-2010, 03:58 PM
I was thinking of getting this game but im pretty new to the music games like guitar hero and rockband. I got the Guitar Hero W.O.R band bundle last week and i just need to know whether those instuments will be compatable with this game?
Cheers

guitar yes, all ive ever used for RB are GH guitars (les paul and world tour one with touch strip).

drums i dont think so, altho (with GH:WT i know for sure) you can use the RB drums with GH games.

SebastianSB
10-29-2010, 07:00 PM
guitar yes, all ive ever used for RB are GH guitars (les paul and world tour one with touch strip).

drums i dont think so, altho (with GH:WT i know for sure) you can use the RB drums with GH games.

GH drums work just fine in Rock Band games. You just can't play pro mode with them.

tacticalaaz182
10-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Cheers for help people, time to get a copy me thinks.