PDA

View Full Version : Question

wildwest08
10-28-2010, 06:29 PM
I was wondering if it is illegal to pay somebody in microsoft points or whatever to help with achievements. I like to play the music games but am also a completionist and like the 1000/1000. Would it be illegal if I had someone help me out on the harder ones? I don't know if it is or isn't just was thinking about it. thanks for your answers

TakahashiDemon
10-28-2010, 06:35 PM
No, not illegal to my knowledge, just very stupid, paying for achievements, if you cant get them yourself, then forget about the achievement.

Illicit
10-28-2010, 06:55 PM
No, not illegal to my knowledge, just very stupid, paying for achievements, if you cant get them yourself, then forget about the achievement.

Exactly what I was just thinking...I don't have a problem with being a completionist...but what's the point of having achievements on your profile that you didn't actually achieve?

Also why would you want to pay someone money or microsoft points to get achievements that basically mean nothing but numbers & percentages with no return on investment?

kyboy
10-28-2010, 07:00 PM
if one of ur buddies are good at it, then jus have them come over an say " hey i bet you cant do this on expert" or what ever the achievement is that your wantin to get.. that way your not paying.. i would never pay for achievements.. theyre called "achievements" for a reason..

ReignerRuler
10-28-2010, 07:00 PM
I suggest looking in the specific achievement boosting threads for games you need help in; that way you can get the achievements without the need to lose money or completion percentage.

wildwest08
10-28-2010, 07:09 PM
I suggest looking in the specific achievement boosting threads for games you need help in; that way you can get the achievements without the need to lose money or completion percentage.

the only ones i can't do is the expert guitar songs on guitar hero and you have to do those solo

tigerlee92
10-28-2010, 07:16 PM
wont you have to give someone your account then if you have to do it solo

JAW LV
10-28-2010, 07:22 PM
It's not illegal no, but what's scary is that if this someone is a person you don't know and are asking online you are going to have to give him/her your account info. I am a huge completionist too, but I wouldn't do that no matter what game I was stuck on.

Your best bet is to find someone you know personally and have the come over one day to help you out. I have a buddy that is super good on Guitar Hero that I might ask to help me one day- I suck at Guitar Hero and will never complete Guitar Hero III. His payment should he help me is a 12 pack of his favorite beer :drunk

wildwest08
10-28-2010, 07:27 PM
i like the beer thing :)

Snowwwwy
10-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Why would anyone pay for achievements in any way, shape, or form?