PDA

View Full Version : Uploading RB2 tracks.

LeakyBung
10-28-2010, 07:08 PM
I can't seem to figure out how to get my RB2 tracks onto RB3, anyone know how?

Shaynringan
10-28-2010, 07:22 PM
You need a copy of Rock Band 2, specifically the manual. You don't need the disc at all.

What you do is from the Rock Band 3 main menus there should be an option you can find to get more songs by entering a code, you enter your code from the back of the manual. This is the exact same code that was worth 20 free songs from the Rock Band 2 offer. If you've already used it is okay because you can still use it now for RB3.

You also have to pay 800 MSP and what this code and purchase does is download all the songs straight from XBL so you don't need the RB2 disc at all, really.

If your code is 16 digits you're good but if its 25 (because you're international) it won't work, for now.

daenius
10-28-2010, 07:25 PM
I can't seem to figure out how to get my RB2 tracks onto RB3, anyone know how?

If you're from the US, these are the steps required:

1. Go to "Get more Songs" from the main menu in RB3.

2. Select "Redeem Code"

3. Enter the code from the back of your RB2 manual (the one you may have used for the 20 free downloadable songs for RB2 back then).

4. Download and enjoy.

If you live in Europe, do the same as above, but only enter the first 16 characters of said code on the back of your RB2 manual to export the RB2 songs.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Shaynringan
10-28-2010, 07:27 PM
That's good info, I didn't know that you can do that for the international codes. That's a very cool fix for our European friends.

LeakyBung
10-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Cool beans, thanks.

Captain Spacker
10-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Mine doesn't fit (the code, pervert)

[edit] first 16 characters will do fine, nevermind

TheLawTag
10-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Does it download the RB1 songs if you have already exported them into RB2 or does RB3 just recognise them from your hard drive?

cheers

Have the game in my bag but wont get to play until i get home later :-(

Starstrukk X360A
10-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Does it download the RB1 songs if you have already exported them into RB2 or does RB3 just recognise them from your hard drive?

cheers

Have the game in my bag but wont get to play until i get home later :-(

If you already exported previous games (RB1, Lego Rock Band, etc) they will automatically be in your Rock Band 3 library. No need to re-export them.

KrAzY LuSo88
10-29-2010, 03:33 PM
ok....

so on my harddrive, i already have the export songs for ;

ac/dc rockband
metal track pack
rockband 1

which ones i'm i missing ?!

rockband 2
lego rockband
beatles rockband
green day rockband

and all the other track packs ?

i heard that beatles doesn't have an export key or something, and I bought my lego rockband used, without the code in the case....so that means i have to buy a new for me to get the export songs ?!

Starstrukk X360A
10-29-2010, 03:58 PM
ok....

so on my harddrive, i already have the export songs for ;

ac/dc rockband
metal track pack
rockband 1

which ones i'm i missing ?!

rockband 2
lego rockband
beatles rockband
green day rockband

and all the other track packs ?

i heard that beatles doesn't have an export key or something, and I bought my lego rockband used, without the code in the case....so that means i have to buy a new for me to get the export songs ?!

Beatles Rock Band does not export to any other game.
There are exports for:
Rock Band 1, LEGO Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Track Pack 2, Metal Track Pack, Classic Rock Track Pack, Country Track Pack, Green Day: Rock Band, AC/DC Live Track Pack.

And yes, you need the code to export LEGO Rock Band. It, however, had a code on it's own card instead of the back of the manual (if I remember correctly, that's how it came packaged.)

EndlessDebaser
10-29-2010, 05:04 PM
So can u then delete the ones you dont like?

Shaynringan
10-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah.

If you go into your hard drive via the XBOX System Settings you can view your Rock Band files and it lists every song individually.

I was successfully able to purge my game of Duran Duran once and for all.

silentdante
10-30-2010, 04:41 PM
so can i use my buddy's rock band 2 manual code after he does or does it lock it out? anyone know if the codes are multi-use?

does anyone know if they will add this to the store so we dont have to buy RB 2 or 1?

mikachu93
10-30-2010, 04:59 PM
so can i use my buddy's rock band 2 manual code after he does or does it lock it out? anyone know if the codes are multi-use?

does anyone know if they will add this to the store so we dont have to buy RB 2 or 1?
One-time-use code that will most likely never be sold on the Music Store. Sorry.

silentdante
10-30-2010, 05:59 PM
guess ill have to troll the used games at gamestops cause they leave the booklets in the display cases around here...

EDIT: just to verify to people if you bought RB2 used with no book, and you go to gamestop, if they arent complete dicks the will probly give you a book from another used one, thats how i got my code, or if your sneaky and there is a book in one of the display cases you could type the code into a phone (or write it down) and take it that way, so you dont have to buy RB2 and the spend another 10 bucks on the export.

GuitarGuruXXX
10-31-2010, 01:59 AM
Yeah.

If you go into your hard drive via the XBOX System Settings you can view your Rock Band files and it lists every song individually.

I was successfully able to purge my game of Duran Duran once and for all.

You can now go to whatever song in quick play and delete it in game now. excellent option!

SK L4xX
11-02-2010, 12:38 PM
has anyone managed to download the RB 2 songs in germany? I've been trying that for a couple of days now and it says error using the token code or something all the time...i have a 25 digit code but i read the first 16 digits will work

daenius
11-02-2010, 12:54 PM
has anyone managed to download the RB 2 songs in germany? I've been trying that for a couple of days now and it says error using the token code or something all the time...i have a 25 digit code but i read the first 16 digits will work

just enter the first 16 digits of the code and it will work.

SK L4xX
11-02-2010, 01:29 PM
just enter the first 16 digits of the code and it will work.

i tried that multiple times the past few days and it didn't work

Neutral
11-02-2010, 02:04 PM
WROOOONG.

You just enter the first 16 digits from your code for European import. :)

SK L4xX
11-02-2010, 03:32 PM
i tried that multiple times the past few days and it didn't work
WROOOONG.

You just enter the first 16 digits from your code for European import. :)

too hard to understand? i know there is no one who can actually help...i was just curious if there is anybody else who cant download them

Shaynringan
11-02-2010, 03:41 PM
You can now go to whatever song in quick play and delete it in game now. excellent option!

Great correction, I didn't notice this before. Thanks for the heads up. :D

Neutral
11-02-2010, 03:41 PM
http://www.rockband.com/support/export-token-issues

Try those help points there.

LobsterCat
11-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah im in Canada, and i still cant get my RB2 songs to export. each time it says "sorry there was an error during redemption, please try again later." You think this should have been resolved by now, but for some reason its not working. Just curious if anyone else is STILL having problems?

Thanks

Spanish Assault
11-17-2010, 11:30 PM
so You have to pay for a separate export to bring the songs over from RB2?

mikachu93
11-18-2010, 01:32 AM
so You have to pay for a separate export to bring the songs over from RB2?
Yepp. All Rock Band exports have required a fee (usually $10) to export the songs to your hard drive.

madd4
11-18-2010, 06:39 AM
i cant export my songs from my lego rockband copy, i'm the first user of it and never used the code that came with the game.

when i put in the code on the website and click continue nothing happens. is there any1 else who had this problem and know how to solve this ??

hope some cane help me