PDA

View Full Version : XBL price hike question

Chipsonfire
10-28-2010, 10:27 PM
I want to bank on the offer by MS to get a year of Live for $40 before the price goes up in a few days. Unfortunately, it's not available to members currently on a price-reduced Live subscription, which I have. Here's the really annoying part: my promotional subscription ends on November 4th :( Would it be possible to cancel my subscription a few days early so that I would be eligible for the $40 promotion? I don't really see a problem with it because I've already paid for the subscription through the 4th, so they shouldn't care if I want to cancel it early. Let me know what you think and whether this is even possible.

Gackt
10-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Even if you cancel now, it wont be effective until the subscription ends on November 4th. It might work anyway though, couldnt hurt to try.

gamerguy69
10-28-2010, 11:03 PM
What kind of price-reduced subscription are you on?

Chipsonfire
10-29-2010, 04:00 PM
It's a promotional thing very similar to the one they are doing now. I think it was 3 months for $10 or something.

WarHawk ZER0
10-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Hmm interesting

gamerguy69
10-29-2010, 06:49 PM
It's a promotional thing very similar to the one they are doing now. I think it was 3 months for $10 or something.

So you do not see the offers on your dashboard at all? Where exactly does it tell you that you aren't qualified for the deal? :confused:

I'm asking because back in September I read that some people weren't seeing some offers until they redeemed a 1-month code. Hmmm.

Chipsonfire
10-31-2010, 05:34 PM
I see the offers, it just tells me that my information can't be retrieved from the server when I try and sign up. It's really annoying.