PDA

View Full Version : Why is my Xbox dashboard only showing Friends and My Xbox?

Inyaface13
10-29-2010, 12:37 AM
For the past week when I sign onto my primary Xbox Live account only My Xbox and Friends show up and a thing pops up saying

"Some Xbox Live content is temporarily unavailable. You can still access your profile, communicate with other players, and play games online.

This content will automatically appear when it's available
Status Code: 80072ee2"

Its been doing this for about a week and it is not doing it on my other Xbox Live account and my other friends on Xbox are not having this problem either.

AlyssaJayne
10-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Mine's been doing this too, I signed out and then back in and everything was fixed... but then when I turned it on again today, everything was unavailable again... :/ yet it hasn't happened to other people on the same Xbox with the same Live status as me!

Inyaface13
10-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Lucky you got yours working, I have signed out, restarted my 360 about 10 times, unplugged my 360 from the wall twice, restarted my modem, restarted my router, did direct connection to my modem and still the same thing.

GodLike499
10-29-2010, 01:11 AM
I don't know 4 sure, but I think it has 2 do with the upcoming Kinect Update. BTW, it's happening 2 me 2

RadiantViper
10-29-2010, 01:12 AM
This happens to me all the time. From what I know, it's either just random because MS's servers are stressed at the moment, or you have a crappy connection (like me).

Inyaface13
10-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Yeah we have 2 computers, a PS3, a Xbox 360, and my iPhone going to one router so my connection is never really that great. I finally got it working by just constantly turning it off and on. but I wasn't sure if I was the only one having this same problem, Like the guy said its more than likely because of Kinect.

Skillet
10-29-2010, 01:40 AM
I have a crappy connection and get that message a lot as well. It usually fixes itself so I wouldn't stress out about it.

If you want to access a marketplace, there's always xbox.com. Or for DLC for specific games, there's usually a Downloadable Content option in most games' main menus.

Inyaface13
10-29-2010, 01:43 AM
Thanks, I wasn't too worried about the Marketplace or anything. I just can't live without Netflix and lets face it Netflix on PS3...I'd rather break out the DVD collection.

the Damage617
10-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Weird, I have yet to experience this problem but it seems to be very common.. I can only imagine it has to do with the update.. But very strange, watch it will happen to me tonight because I talked about it.

Inyaface13
10-29-2010, 02:02 AM
Its not that big of a problem if your getting on to join a party with your friends and play something online. Everything in My Xbox and Friends is showing up as usual but everything else is missing.