PDA

View Full Version : Any UK NFL Fans ??

shearer06
05-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Just wondering if there are any UK NFL fans here ??
And if like me anyone has managed to get tickets for the game in october at wembley stadium ??

Minty
05-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Why have a McDonalds when you have steak at home???

Flea
05-20-2007, 07:49 PM
NFL?
Isnt that rugby for women?

angry
05-20-2007, 07:51 PM
NFL?
Isnt that rugby for women?

HAHA well said Flea m8. lololol. :woop:

shearer06
05-20-2007, 07:55 PM
I thought rugby was for woolly-backed welsh people ?? :)
NFL is second only behind footy !!

Minty
05-20-2007, 08:08 PM
You really dont get it do you?

You take a hard hitting mans game, put men in tights, give them a load of padding, and then ask Brits if they like it?

Consider your Brittish passport withdrawn

Flea
05-20-2007, 08:11 PM
You really dont get it do you?

You take a hard hitting mans game, put men in tights, give them a load of padding, and then ask Brits if they like it?

Consider your Brittish passport withdrawn
Just ban him Minty,
Saves messing about.
:p

shearer06
05-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Just think about it - a game that lasts more than an hour and a half,proper cheerleaders, proper obese game snacks, they serve beer :beer: in the stand and some of the tackling makes rugby look like pillow fighting :biglaugh

Minty
05-20-2007, 08:40 PM
A game that lasts more than 90 minutes because they stop for a break every 10 seconds. Golf lasts 4 hours- doesnt make it fun to watch.

And dont start on the tackling- you get the same size hits in rugby, just without the padding. And you dont see the Yanks carry on playing when their on the ground.

Just return your balls and your passport, and join the foriegn legion. Its for the best.

shearer06
05-20-2007, 08:46 PM
LMAO :biglaugh
I guess i must be unique, no-one has posted to agree with me yet :mad:
I just can't wait - still annoyed that i did'nt get tkts for the nhl league games at the o2 arena in september, now come on - u gotta say hockey is a man'ly sport ??

graemelunn
05-20-2007, 09:07 PM
I watch the NFL but I dont know if I would consider myself a fan.
I got an e-mail offering me tickets for the Giants-Dolphins at Wembley but didn't get them.
Now the Mighty Tigers playing Rugby - THERE'S something truly exciting to watch...:woop:

nelsonscolumn
05-20-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm a NFL and NHL fan - and yes I also got a load of tickets to the game at wembley.. 8 to be exact.

As for those who say you get the same hits in rugby its just not true as its not legal to take someone out when they are in the air having literally just touched the ball.

Its completely different to rugby and has some considerably different skills involved, and before you jump on my back I'm a season ticket holder at Quins and love rugby as well.

As for you not getting tickets for the NHL game thats just dumb - but then who wants to see the Ducks play the Kings anyway...... Rangers all the way ;)

shearer06
05-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Ive actually been to see the Rangers at the Garden Vs New Jersey in the play offs no less !!
Cant wait till oct - the atmosphere is gonna rock :rock
I thought getting the hockey tkts would be easy but they seemed to put them on sale without much publicity :confused:

nelsonscolumn
05-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Thats cos its hockey and isn't on Sky so no one knows about it... I have also been to the garden - but the last time i went the Rangers were crap and didn't make the season - was Jagr's first game, and first goal...

And yes the game in Oct is going to be awesome - especially with everyone supporting their own sides - so far going we have Me (Eagles) my two housemates (Buc's and Colts) my old housemate (Packers) his dad (Steelers) his brother (Bears i think) my housemates sister (undecided) and my dad - who as of yet doesn't have a team - the ground is going to look awesome!

Minty
05-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Now the Mighty Tigers playing Rugby - THERE'S something truly exciting to watch...:woop:

Especially when they lose the treble to an awesome to an awesome Wasps display :p

Flash
05-21-2007, 08:23 AM
I would very much like to see Americas Top 5 NFL Players take on our Top 5 rugby players.

My prediction.....PAIN!
http://www.ritilan.com/archives/images/2005/03/08/mr-t-mom.png

P1NSEEKER
05-21-2007, 08:46 AM
I dont really care how "manly" a sport is (football is the girliest sport in the world ffs) but i used to really enjoy watching the NFL back when i had sky. Although i dont like it enough to stay up until 5am watching it on channel 5!

xJoex
05-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Now me personally, i don't really like NFL. But some of my mates at school just can't stop going on about it!!! 'Colts rule!' 'No just cos you won 5 superbowls' 'Browns wooooo' 'Go Bengals!' and so on...

So i am forced into liking this sport... it's ok, but i would much rather be playing Football, Rugby or Cricket!!! And yes between my 5 friends they have 37 tickets to this match at Wembly!!!:eek: