PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Upstrumming Achievements/Goals

Zacry072
10-29-2010, 05:45 AM
Anyone else having issues with this? I've upstrummed on about 5 bass songs now and gotten 100% on all of them, but the challenges for getting 100% with upstrums along with the achievement aren't unlocking. WTF???

muzykalscorpio
10-29-2010, 06:00 AM
Look for the actual "goal" in the career goals, and choose to play the goal from there - sometimes, they want specific songs ; maybe RB3 disc songs, I'm not sure - but I did it on Imagine (John Lennon), if that helps at all.

theshieguy
10-29-2010, 06:58 AM
Anyone else having issues with this? I've upstrummed on about 5 bass songs now and gotten 100% on all of them, but the challenges for getting 100% with upstrums along with the achievement aren't unlocking. WTF???

Are you playing on Hard or Expert difficulty? Remember, you have to upstrum ALL the notes...not just one and say "I upstrummed." I kid, I kid. :p

I believe you are the fourth person I've seen having an issue with this achievement since the game released in North America Tuesday. This is honestly one of THE easiest achievements in the game. Play "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" on Hard or Expert difficulty (the song is free to download in the Rock Band Music Store...depending on your region). If you play that song and the achievement doesn't unlock, you either aren't upstrumming correctly or your guitar is the problem.

Look for the actual "goal" in the career goals, and choose to play the goal from there - sometimes, they want specific songs ; maybe RB3 disc songs, I'm not sure - but I did it on Imagine (John Lennon), if that helps at all.

There is no specific set of songs that this must be completed with (Rock Band 3 only, DLC only, etc.). Any song with a bass part can be played to get this achievement as long as all notes are upstrummed and no notes are downstrummed in a Big Rock Ending.

PurpleSkwid
10-29-2010, 11:06 AM
I just did it on Hard bass playing Charlene, using a RB1 guitar. Unlocked first attempt no problem :)

Zacry072
10-29-2010, 12:26 PM
It finally unlocked. It was sort of random. I think I did it on "Imagine" as well on Expert and I got the goal for completing it on hard and the achievement for doing it on expert. All is well again.

MuscularTea
10-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Actually the achievement only says you need to do it on hard too, but you can do it on expert too.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/UP4549I=.jpg Most Authentic Strummer - Hit 100% of the notes, only strumming up, on Hard Bass. 10G

muzykalscorpio
10-29-2010, 03:48 PM
There is no specific set of songs that this must be completed with (Rock Band 3 only, DLC only, etc.).

I got it my first try, so I didn't do any testing. :p

Some achievements and goals have specific rules and guidelines to them - which is what I was referring to. I didn't know whether or not this one did, as at least a good dozen of the achievements aren't clear or don't specify any requirements. (Needing very specific songs or downloads, for example ; or how The Perfect Drug achievement can only be done on drums ; which you only find out by looking through the goal progress menus.)

On that note, by looking through the goals and playing directly through there, the game only pops up songs you can use for the specific goal in question. (Which further demonstrates, if you don't have the right ones, the goal won't appear, and you probably can't get the achievement attached to it.)

Capn Doug
10-29-2010, 05:39 PM
My buddy had problems with this one, too. I didn't realize I was having problems with it until I unlocked it. I think the issue is hammers on expert. If you notice the actual goal, the expert version says you must hammer all the hammers without strumming. I got it on Walking on the Sun after doing all the hammers.

toops
10-29-2010, 06:02 PM
hey man i also had a lot of problems with this one. in the end i did it on Charlene. but i went to my goals, and then to the upstrum achievement and hit 'a' to play the goal and picked charlene so that it was the percent counter on the top right while you do it, and oddly i had a lot of notes just randomly drop my percentage even though i was upstrumming (this was on a gh3 les paul) and i couldn't figure it out, but i got it to work by switching it to lefty mode and down strumming the whole thing :P

DarthKoRn
10-29-2010, 06:16 PM
I definitely up-strummed all notes last night on "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1" (very easy to get 100% on bass on, just don't get careless when you dont have anything to do, :P), but I didn't get the achievement nor the goal. The only thing is that I did eevry hammer on and pull off, but didnt strum them (just treated them as regular HOPO). Is that the problem maybe?

pestyoverlord
10-30-2010, 05:53 AM
I think I figured this out. So I 100 Rock lobster on expert, then Charlene in quickplay. So I try it in the goals menu 100 Charlene two times in a row and now chievo.

I noticed that in the top right hand corner the 100% up-strum progress bar would drop to 96 or lower half way through the song. So I switch from my World Tour Guitar(love the way the switches feel) to the RB1 controller. Achievement pops.

I guess it somehow counted an upstrum as a downstrum somewhere in the song. So even if I got 100 the achievement counter didn't recognize it as all upstrums.

Teh Paralyzer
10-30-2010, 09:15 AM
I did Silver expert and got nothing. I did Charlene Hard and got nothing. I did Charlene expert and it poped. I feel you have to keep trying till eventually it pops sadly.

Emo185
10-30-2010, 12:46 PM
I too had problems on unlocking the achievement. First time it said goal completed 90% up strums, I then played again on a different song (eye of the tiger imported from rb2) and it then unlocked. I think it depends on how sensitive ur strum bar on guitar is as it might take one note as down strumming instead of up - just an idea since my guitar is bait dodgy lol