PDA

View Full Version : Cant play 'Afterlife' by Avenged Sevenfold

Daluca 47
10-29-2010, 12:04 PM
So yes, Ive just got Rock Band 3 today and ive correctly exported RB1, RB2, AC/DC, LEGO, Green Day and Song Pack 2 and they all work correctly except for 'Afterlife' by Avenged Sevenfold which I got from the Song Pack. Whenever I try to play it, it says I need the latest update for RB3 which i have.

So ive redownloaded the whole Song pack again and all the other songs in the pack work except that one. im really stumped on how to get it to work.....

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

MuscularTea
10-29-2010, 12:29 PM
I haven't heard of that happening, I have that song so it could possibly just be that one. I'll try it when I get home to see if it's the same thing for me if nobody else answers.

Cube623
10-29-2010, 02:33 PM
So yes, Ive just got Rock Band 3 today and ive correctly exported RB1, RB2, AC/DC, LEGO, Green Day and Song Pack 2 and they all work correctly except for 'Afterlife' by Avenged Sevenfold which I got from the Song Pack. Whenever I try to play it, it says I need the latest update for RB3 which i have.

So ive redownloaded the whole Song pack again and all the other songs in the pack work except that one. im really stumped on how to get it to work.....

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Just tried it and it works no problems for me :confused:

Is there any differences for songs from different regions does anyone know?

lostmotiv
10-29-2010, 05:42 PM
i have the exact same problem, says make sure rock band 3 has the latest update. very confused???

Cube623
10-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Hmm very odd, by any chance have you two bought Afterlife off a different account or xbox?

I do have a friend for reasons unknown cannot buy any DLC off his account (gets an error when he tries to add points), so to get round this problem he has created a second account which he buys DLC and when he plays any rock band with his main account he has to have his second account signed in for DLC to work

lostmotiv
10-29-2010, 08:59 PM
nope same xbox, same account. I did a quick search on google and have found a couple other people finding issues with this 1 song. Like it shows up as being from the year 1900 the album art for it has disappeared, etc.. Unno what the issue is but hopefully it gets sorted out.

Cube623
10-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Well I'll have to have a quick look when I have a chance (another beta dash update installing :( ) but I'm positive the album art appeared fine for Afterlife on my copy.

I can only assume that either certain versions of Rock Band 3 (NTSC?) cannot read Afterlife correctly or the file for Afterlife has become corrupt or unplayable in RB3 on certain countries' 360 Marketplaces

lostmotiv
10-29-2010, 10:03 PM
i had originally bought the song directly from the rock band store, and then i got the track pack 2 disc and exported thru there. I'm gonna try just re-downloading that 1 song from the rb store and see if that fixes it up.

Treewaller
10-30-2010, 02:26 AM
I got it from the RB store and it works fine, sounds like this is a problem with the export version only.

spockroxfaces
10-30-2010, 03:40 AM
My dlc version works fine and i also have the track pack 2 so i gave the code to my cousin and his afterlife works fine also.

lostmotiv
10-30-2010, 04:02 AM
just tried redownloadin from rock band store and i still get the exact same error message. Fuckin weird problem

Daluca 47
10-30-2010, 07:45 AM
Yea mine is all on the same gamertag and im in New Zealand so mine is PAL just to clarify the extra details but yea. Seems really rather wierd that its only effecting that one song.

Ive just cheaked on the game and and it doesnt have the album cover just the generic Rock Band picture and doesnt catagorise into correct ablum with the other songs (have all of them avaliable on rock band) and yea it has 1900's Metal oddly like lostmotiv said... very strange.