PDA

View Full Version : Keybpard sustains problem

ponypo2001
10-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Hi guys. Wondering if anyone can shed any light. Just got my keyboard bundle home and jumped into some keys. I tried playing some songs and was doing good till a sustain note comes along. The keyboard is totally unable to hold any sustain note at all in standard keys. Pop it onto pro keys and it sustains every note perfectly. Anyone know if I've got a duff keyboard or is there something I'm missing? Surely to sustain a note in standard it's the same as sustaining any other note, ie hold the button down?

EDIT : Seems I'm not in the minority with this even though nobody has responded here. Lot's of other people are having the trouble. It may be down to a firmware problem in which case it'll be a keyboard recall. I've mailed Madcatz so will post if and when they reply for anyone interested.

khan800
10-30-2010, 07:46 AM
I don't know how helpful this is, but my keyboard has sustained all notes in all difficulties, both in keys and 'pro' keys, so far...

Good luck when you get a new kb :)

ponypo2001
10-30-2010, 02:43 PM
I don't know how helpful this is, but my keyboard has sustained all notes in all difficulties, both in keys and 'pro' keys, so far...

Good luck when you get a new kb :)

Seems this problem only exists in practice mode. Can you go in there and try on standard keys. From what I read, it's hitting nearly all users. Sustains work fine in quickplay and career.

JQTNguyen
10-30-2010, 05:11 PM
My Sustains are working fine in all modes on both Keys and Pro Keys.

Chazzi27
10-30-2010, 07:43 PM
My Sustains are working fine in all modes on both Keys and Pro Keys.

Same here, perhaps you have a faulty keyboard.