PDA

View Full Version : Pro Guitar - What about left handed peoples?

AceSouthall
10-29-2010, 04:55 PM
So I am left handed and I want the Pro guitar....can you flip them and they still play the same?

LeftHanded Matt
10-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes you can.

AceSouthall
10-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Does it feel like a normal guitar? or slightly....funny weird lol

LeftHanded Matt
10-29-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't know, I don't have any of the new pro guitars! I can say from past experience that all previous Rock Band and Guitar Hero guitars have felt fine flipped around for a lefty - the only slightly annoying thing is that the whammy bar is very hard to use positioned where it usually is.

I imagine the Mustang guitar will feel fine too - the Fender Squire that will eventually be released is another matter, as that is a proper right-handed guitar, so I don't know if they will do a lefty version of it.

AceSouthall
10-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Pfft with gaming peripherals us leftys get shit on

Napp
10-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Lefty here. I play right handed :P

Jordan0123
10-29-2010, 06:34 PM
I don't know, I don't have any of the new pro guitars! I can say from past experience that all previous Rock Band and Guitar Hero guitars have felt fine flipped around for a lefty - the only slightly annoying thing is that the whammy bar is very hard to use positioned where it usually is.

I imagine the Mustang guitar will feel fine too - the Fender Squire that will eventually be released is another matter, as that is a proper right-handed guitar, so I don't know if they will do a lefty version of it.

I can't see them releasing a left-handed model. Which means I shall be very irritated. If they do, I'd be more than overjoyed but the lefty's will get shit on, all over again. It's bad enough with the whammy being in the wrong place, if it were in the right place, I'd probably be No. 1 in the world on at least one song, not able to whammy as quickly or as much. :(

SebastianSB
10-29-2010, 07:03 PM
From what I've seen you can play the Squier just fine in lefty. You'll just have to restring it if you want to play it properly outside the game.

TwistedFate
10-29-2010, 07:18 PM
From what I've seen you can play the Squier just fine in lefty. You'll just have to restring it if you want to play it properly outside the game.

You lose frets when you do that. The cut out isn't as deep so you can't get to those last couple of frets. Don't know how many songs that affects, though. Also the whammy is in the wrong position but that can be fixed by buying a new bridge and replacing it