PDA

View Full Version : Blazing Speeds

A 0 E monkey
10-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Does anyone have any tips on how to get these 2 achievements? I have done action mode to level 9 and got around 800K on a level easily yet I cannot seem to build my blazing speed up enough to activte, is it just me being sucky or is there a trick to it? Also one error on moving the pieces seems to reset the meter which is annoying cus its not thaat easy to be spot on with your movements. Annoying these 2 are so tricky because I am only missing 4 achievements now: these 2, the 1 million jewels obviously and the make 4 special Jewels in 1 move which I am not worried about it is purely luck.
145/200 so far and loving it, 175 seems doable but that last 25 looks like it will be really hard, baring in mind I have done Hyper Mode on the normal Bejeweled and am struggling with this :(

As for the 1 million Jewels you can equate that to the Endless achievement on Bejewelled 2. On Bej 2 I am around level 143 and have around 270,000 Jewels, and as far as I know around level 141 is 1 quarter of the way. Which means this is a 250 hour game ish, but very enjoyable, hopefully i can manage the blazing speed or if there is a trick to it...

Action mode is waaaaay easier on this, and most of the other achievements are pretty easy with just a little luck :)

10/10, sounds are great, achievements are great, you can rotate the screen how you like, graphics are crisp and the detection is pretty much spot on. The only other WP7 I have played at the moment is Monopoly, which admitidly took 90 mins from start to finish (less if you didn't have to get 3 doubles back to back) but the quality of that game is faaaaar less than this. 250 hours enjoyment for 4, cannnot complain at that...

Flopjacks
11-23-2010, 10:19 PM
I was wondering on that collect 1 million gem achievement whether or not it is a gradual one you get over time. If you look at your rank in the leaderboard tab it shows your personal stats and gems collected is in there. I am at 32,000 gems collected right now so I hope you dont need that number to be a million for the achievement or thats a lot of hours you will have to put into the game.

Mightymango
11-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I was wondering on that collect 1 million gem achievement whether or not it is a gradual one you get over time. If you look at your rank in the leaderboard tab it shows your personal stats and gems collected is in there. I am at 32,000 gems collected right now so I hope you dont need that number to be a million for the achievement or thats a lot of hours you will have to put into the game.

I believe that is the number they are referring to

ABouncingSoul
11-26-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm having trouble with getting blazing speed twice in a level. I'm not sure how I should go about doing this, as it's pretty hard to do since blazing speed usually is transfered from the previous level. If anyone has descent tips, let me know!

wuki7
11-27-2010, 10:09 PM
I believe that is the number they are referring to

how do u get blazing speed

ABouncingSoul
11-28-2010, 10:19 PM
To get blazing speed, you keep making matches as fast as possible. Eventually you will see the speed meter go up, and when it gets to +1600, the letters will fill up with an orange color. Once the letters are filled, then the screen will flash, and you will be in blazing speed mode. The only problem I have is doing this on one level. Either this has to be completed on a late level, or I'm not doing something right - in the earlier levels, it takes multiple levels to get up to blazing speed.

big red marino
02-11-2011, 06:23 PM
So Blazing speed twice can kiss my ass:

My current stats:
Best Score: 2.6 Million
Gems Collected: 627K
Biggest Cascade: x13
Biggest Combo: 46K
Flame Gems Created: 11,542
Hyper Cubes Created: 837
Star Gems Created: 1,782
Time Played: 105h

My top five scores for Action Mode are all over 2 million.
I almost always reach Level 7.
I hit level 8 about 40% of the time.
I have been to level 9 about 10 times.
I hit blazing speed at least 80% of the time typically on level 6 but as early as level 5 and even 4.

However, I just cannot get blazing speed twice. The best I have done is hit blazing speed as soon as level 6 starts and then get the meter filling up with orange again...then the level ends. I am going to keep trying until I get the million gems and then I am pulling this game off of my phone.

This is a tough ass achievement. Someone said they got it on level 12 or 13...holy shit.

stormshadow
02-14-2011, 05:38 PM
The easiest way I found to get Blazing Speed, at least the first achievement, is to get someone to help you. Couch co-op Bejeweled FTW. Take one side of the screen and have your partner take another. Four eyes are better than two! Haven't got it twice in one level yet though. On a side note, does anyone know if you have to get matches of the same color 5 times in a row in a certain play mode? I've done it on endless and no achievement. I think it might be because I am on an older version of the game. I am unable to update the game to the latest version and I can not for the life of me get to the leaderboards (phone boots me back to Xbox Live tile whenever I try to look at the leaderboards, been through MS support and even changed the phone out but it still doesn't work)

SlyPooBiscuit
03-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Just got mine in world 9, but I almost had it in 8. Once you get the blazing speed look at your game to find matches, let the bar at the bottom get low (to prevent it from going to next level) and then make the matches starting from the top you saw while the bar was depleting.

If you keep playing without letting the bar deplete it's alot harder then letting it drain

rekikire
05-04-2011, 07:40 AM
As SlyPooBiscuit said, you need to let the timer run down. I got mine on level 8, hit blazing speed once, let it run down until the screen was flashing a warning then quickly built it back up. Almost got it on level 7 but time ran out. Just made it on level 8 before it went to level 9.

You need to be fast to get blazing speed once, you need to be blindingly fast to get it twice in one level.

MisterRennie
08-21-2011, 11:06 AM
When you get the first blazing speed let it run down without matching anything then go for it again.. If you lose your speed bonus going for the second one let the timer run down so you dont level up

Orion Ben
03-08-2012, 07:51 PM
When you get the first blazing speed let it run down without matching anything then go for it again.. If you lose your speed bonus going for the second one let the timer run down so you dont level up

Thanks, That's the only method that work and I did it four time during level 8 for a 7+ Million game.!