PDA

View Full Version : Expert guitar 5 star glitched?

spockroxfaces
10-30-2010, 03:36 AM
I played all 82 songs and 5 starred them without incident. I then loaded up imagine and beat it with my guitar but selected keys and 5 starred it. I didnt get the achievement for hard or expert. I then played imagine on expert with my keyboard and 5 starred it, still no achievements. Any ideas?

EDIT: ok so i got the achievements to pop. under the expert goals it had the 5 star all expert highlighted and no achievements popped. i messed around with the goals and went into my goals/ rock band master/ band song progress/ 5 star rock band 3 hard. it gave me a set-list with 4 songs and i played them on expert 5 starring them. at the end of the set i got both achievements. i hope this doesnt happen to anyone but if it does try this. now im happy i didnt have to delete my save.

Itsbrown4606
10-30-2010, 03:47 AM
Check your goals and see if it tripped. If it didn't, select the challenge and play whatever comes up in the setlist and 5-star that. Otherwise, I don't know.

spockroxfaces
10-30-2010, 03:53 AM
i tried that and it gives me all the songs again, but thanks for the expedient reply

Itsbrown4606
10-30-2010, 03:54 AM
Well, is it lit up and says it's complete? That's mainly what I was getting at...

spockroxfaces
10-30-2010, 03:58 AM
i just checked it and it is lit up.

GuitarGuruXXX
10-30-2010, 07:05 AM
sounds like a broken flux capacitor in the xbox. try formatting your hdd.

JQTNguyen
10-30-2010, 05:10 PM
The same thing sort of happened to me, where I wasn't getting credit for the 5 Star every song on Hard (using any instrument). If the same thing is happening to you, then it is likely that you played another song on Keys using your Guitar and that's what's causing it to not trip. If you 5 Starred anything while on Keys, you'll have to re-play it using an actual Keyboard before the Goals will register it.

For example, I 5 Starred "Break on Through" on Keys using the Guitar for a Challenge and didn't get it to trip. However, the individual Goal had "Break on Through" checked off and the progress bar was filled. The Challenge didn't pop for me until I played "Break on Through" again on Keys using an actual Keyboard, even though I only 4 Starred it with the Keyboard that time.

To figure out which one of the songs you did in Keys while using a Guitar, I recommend looking at the Keys Goals and finding a list that has a full progress bar, but isn't lit up as being completed. At least that way, you'll have it narrowed down to (at least) 1 of 9 songs that you have to re-do instead of going back through all 83 songs.

I played all 82 songs and 5 starred them without incident. I then loaded up imagine and beat it with my guitar but selected keys and 5 starred it. I didnt get the achievement for hard or expert. I then played imagine on expert with my keyboard and 5 starred it, still no achievements. Any ideas?

...Actually, now that I re-read your first post again, is it because you only completed 82 out of the 83 songs? Or, if you are trying to get the Guitar Achievement/Goal to pop, then it might be because you need to 5 Star the song on Guitar, not 5 Star on Keys while using a Guitar.

spockroxfaces
10-30-2010, 05:24 PM
The same thing sort of happened to me, where I wasn't getting credit for the 5 Star every song on Hard (using any instrument). If the same thing is happening to you, then it is likely that you played another song on Keys using your Guitar and that's what's causing it to not trip. If you 5 Starred anything while on Keys, you'll have to re-play it using an actual Keyboard before the Goals will register it.

For example, I 5 Starred "Break on Through" on Keys using the Guitar for a Challenge and didn't get it to trip. However, the individual Goal had "Break on Through" checked off and the progress bar was filled. The Challenge didn't pop for me until I played "Break on Through" again on Keys using an actual Keyboard, even though I only 4 Starred it with the Keyboard that time.

To figure out which one of the songs you did in Keys while using a Guitar, I recommend looking at the Keys Goals and finding a list that has a full progress bar, but isn't lit up as being completed. At least that way, you'll have it narrowed down to (at least) 1 of 9 songs that you have to re-do instead of going back through all 83 songs.

...Actually, now that I re-read your first post again, is it because you only completed 82 out of the 83 songs? Or, if you are trying to get the Guitar Achievement/Goal to pop, then it might be because you need to 5 Star the song on Guitar, not 5 Star on Keys while using a Guitar.

the last song i had left was imagine so i did it on guitar and no achievement. i then played it with my keyboard and still no achievement. the challenge is highlighted as being done.

mikachu93
10-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Imagine doesn't have a guitar part.

spockroxfaces
10-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Imagine doesn't have a guitar part.

i know but you can play the keys on your guitar if you unlock it which i did.

Chazzi27
10-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Try playing imagine on Bass instead, that might be the problem...the whole Keys with Guitar.

spockroxfaces
10-31-2010, 02:42 AM
i tried bass and nothing happened. the challenge is complete for all 82 songs and imagine is now 5 starred on keys with the guitar and keyboard, and bass.

GuitarGuruXXX
10-31-2010, 02:57 AM
i tried bass and nothing happened. the challenge is complete for all 82 songs and imagine is now 5 starred on keys with the guitar and keyboard, and bass.

Try recovering your GT then 5 star another song to see if it pops.

RIVE
10-31-2010, 07:59 AM
I played Llama on the guitar keys for my achievement. I know that playing online does not register towards your [difficulty goes here] five stars achievement for some reason.

Did you play all 83 songs solo? If so, recover your gamertag, and try a song as previously suggested.

RealistIdealist
10-31-2010, 08:31 AM
This reminds me of the Green Day Rock Band thing, don't play "Good Riddace" last because it doesn't have a drum part. So I guess...don't play Imagine last because it doesn't have a guitar part, luckily it's just an in game goal.

mikachu93
10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
i know but you can play the keys on your guitar if you unlock it which i did.
I know, but I wasn't replying to you. I was talking to the guy who said play the guitar part. :p

spockroxfaces
10-31-2010, 06:27 PM
I know, but I wasn't replying to you. I was talking to the guy who said play the guitar part. :p
lol sorry about that bro i just reread the thread and got confused on who wrote that. now i recovered my gamertag and 5 starred another song and still no achievements. this is seriously starting to piss me off.

MegaloYeti
11-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Perhaps you need to whammy more often. ;)

MuscularTea
11-01-2010, 11:14 AM
that's weird I hope that won't happen to me since I don't even remember the few songs I played keys on guitar for.

GuitarGuruXXX
11-01-2010, 12:29 PM
lol sorry about that bro i just reread the thread and got confused on who wrote that. now i recovered my gamertag and 5 starred another song and still no achievements. this is seriously starting to piss me off.

Delete save and start over? Ouch:(

spockroxfaces
11-01-2010, 05:12 PM
alright everyone i got the achievements to pop so i will be amending my first post for all new comers in case they have the same issue. thank you for every ones input on the matter. i really do appreciate it.