PDA

View Full Version : Ralf and Clark's achievements - a quick guide.

Kayin
10-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Okay, for anyone who has the game early I've heard of some people having trouble getting these to pop.

First, Ralf - go into practice mode, make sure the first player (that's you!) has a red health bar set, and max super meter. Without having your health set to this you'll be unable to pull off the move, and there doesn't seem to be any indication of why this is in the in-game help menu.

After this, hit back to check out the move - QCB, HCF+LK+SK - and perform it. As you're lying on top of your opponent, do two QCF motions and hold down both punch buttons. If done correctly, Ralf will roll backwards and power up the attack which you'll then need to time so it lands flush on the falling opponent. You'll know you've got it mainly because the achievement will pop, but also because you'll hear Ralf scream something different as to when he catches them a glancing blow.

Clark - go into practice mode and LEARN THE MOVE. It looks like a swine to learn, but it's not that bad really as most of it is simply two sets of similar motions. Just know that you have to input the commands one right after the other, waiting on it will mess up the exectution.

Now, go into your options > settings > battle settings and change the cpu level to 1, the play time to infinite, your defence to maximum and... well, their defence at maximum would probably help too. Be sure you've MAX supers, also.

Go into team battle or single match and get your ass kicked until you're on low enough health to perform the move. Now it's just a question of doing it - you can't get the achievement for this one in practice mode.

Both moves may take you a bunch of attempts, but this is how they're done! It shouldn't take long, so don't worry - you'll probably miss a lot of your attempts, but you only have to get lucky once if you're poor at executing them.

sibarraz 4 life
10-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Ralph achievement doesn't unlock, even though I hit my opponent with the ''special galactica phantom'' after the HSDM

What's wrong? I did on practice and arcade mode

Kayin
10-30-2010, 04:13 PM
The timing is *really* strict. You need to hit them full in the body, not just the top or bottom of the sprite.

Keep trying and you'll get it after a while - not sure how many goes it took me, but it was between five and ten minutes of trying to get the timing down.

Edit: Uploading a how-to video as we speak.

Edit 2: Here we go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9N81UEtME

ErinEsurance
10-30-2010, 07:35 PM
You can get Ralf's to unlock automatically if you go to Practice -> Command and enter the following macro (motion/move followed by # of frames):

d(1), db(1), b(1), db(1), d(1), df(1),
[f + LK + HK](1), N(100), d(1), df(1), f(1), d(1), df(1), f(1),
[f + LP + SP](232) for the UGP + Galactica Vanguard.

Perfect every time/achievement unlocked.

The menu/setup for the macros is a bit confusing at first. If there is multiple inputs for one move ie LP+SP, press the S to enter multiple buttons at once.

For Clark's you don't have to mess with all those settings or have the CPU beat you up. Theres a normal challenge that has you at minimum health, unlimited meter and the CPU standing still doing nothing. I believe its in the teens, so you have to beat the first 10 challenges normally to unlock it.

Kayin
10-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Sweet update, man. I've only done around 11 challenges before I had to head out, and I didn't think it would work in challenge mode. I got Clark's in about half a minute my way, so that's not such a big deal... but macroing Ralf's command would be a real time saver as the timing's nasty.

sibarraz 4 life
10-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey Kayin, thank you so much for your help bud, I got both achievements already, even though I did it like your video, didn't worked on practice mode, so I got tired, and I went to arcade mode to try clark's one, the HSDM is way more easy that I what thought, it just requires some practice, then, when I got the achievement, since I picked the Ikari team, I tried to did the ralph achievement, and guess what, I got it after the third try, I don't know if was coincidence, but this HSDM killed my opponent, and then, the achievement popped up, the funny thing is that I didn't though to much when release the button, I just did it : )

Well, I'm on the 20 challenge now, even though I still can't do the 14 one, I know one combo that works, but requires some timing

bentiancai
10-30-2010, 08:22 PM
ralf's achievements is so time consuming,
I tried ten minutes and hit perfectly, and now I know I didnt hit the right part.
thanks for the video.

The Stray
10-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Yeah, i had issues with both Ralf's and Clark's HSDM/MAX2, until I know how to time it right, good luck with those challenges, cause someones gonna end up putting a challenge guide for both the Normal and the Expert Challanges which also requires getting/beating Nightmare Geese in the final Expert Challenge and getting the achievement for unlocking all characters.

TakaiTakai
10-31-2010, 08:02 AM
You can get Ralf's to unlock automatically if you go to Practice -> Command and enter the following macro (motion/move followed by # of frames):

d(1), db(1), b(1), db(1), d(1), df(1),
[f + LK + HK](1), N(100), d(1), df(1), f(1), d(1), df(1), f(1),
[f + LP + SP](232) for the UGP + Galactica Vanguard.

Perfect every time/achievement unlocked.

The menu/setup for the macros is a bit confusing at first. If there is multiple inputs for one move ie LP+SP, press the S to enter multiple buttons at once.

Thank you so much. I absolutely could not get the timing on this move otherwise. For whatever reason I had to set the delay for 234 frames on the last input, otherwise you were dead on.

Exu
11-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm trying to get a good macro for Clark's. I know it doesn't work in Practice but at least if I can get the move then I'll have it down. I thought I had it but it was only working when facing right and he just wouldn't jump when tossing them in the air.

I'll share what I've got and edit this post as I find more, since I can't find a macro for it anywhere online. I'll divide it into the appropriate parts for the move.
I figure going for the bare minimum of Neutral inputs is key.

b(1) db(1) d(1) df(1) f(1) b(1) db(1) d(1) df(1) [F+LK+SK](1)
- N(6) f(1) d(1) [df+SK](1)
-- N(35) b(1) db(1) d(1) df(1) [f+SP](1)
--- N(44) b(1) db(1) d(1) df(1) [f+SK](1)
---- N(39) d(1) N(1) [d+SK](1)
----- N(134) d(1) N(1) [d+LP+SP+LK+SK](1)

NOTES
From the --- point it only seems to work when Clark is on the left of the screen (1P side), I have no idea why but when facing the other way it just ends at the body toss.
Without the neutral input between the two down inputs toward the end it just doesn't come out, not even with d(1) followed by [d+SK](1). It'll just count as holding d for two frames.

The Stray
11-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Here's the vid for Clark's Roaring Sphere and how to do it in annotations.

YouTube - King of Fighters 2002 UM Clark's Roaring Sphere

Exu
11-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah I looked at that vid but I still can't pull it off.

It's like Rock's Deadly Rave all over again. ;~;

EDIT: Above post updated. Only seems to work when facing right (1P side) but I'm gonna give this command a whirl and see if the cheevo pops.

EDIT2: Achievement unlocked!
Now I know my macro isn't perfect (and hopefully a better one will come along) but this worked for me.
Just try to get right up in their face before initiating. The first round of Single Play should do the job.

yamayamayaamaa
11-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Yeah I looked at that vid but I still can't pull it off.

It's like Rock's Deadly Rave all over again. ;~;

EDIT: Above post updated. Only seems to work when facing right (1P side) but I'm gonna give this command a whirl and see if the cheevo pops.

EDIT2: Achievement unlocked!
Now I know my macro isn't perfect (and hopefully a better one will come along) but this worked for me.
Just try to get right up in their face before initiating. The first round of Single Play should do the job.

Ah, but it IS perfect! It worked perfectly and I even did it in 2P VS with two controllers lol. Thanks for all the tips guys. These are my first 2 achievements in this game. :)

Exu
11-04-2010, 10:51 AM
No problem.

Here's a video of someone a little more well-versed making a macro of Galactica Vanguard.

YouTube - King Of Fighters 2002 UM EX Challenge Command #2

FroBoy11
11-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Galactica Vanguard was too easy. Just do the motion and when as soon as you start charging up the last punch just count to 3 and let go.

I haven't done Clark's yet.

Dirty130
11-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Rock Howard's Deadly Rave was child's play :)
Ralf's Galactica Vangard was easy (even without macro-help) :p
Clark's Roaring Sphere is a big pain in the ass, still can't get it :mad:

Edit: I even tried Exu's macro and it wouldn't work, back to free-hand then.

Another edit: Ok, Exu's macro does work fine. Thanks for taking the pain out of it, Exu!

KaiohHokuto
11-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Exu's Clark macro didn't work for me initially. After much frustration and messing around editing it, I found that changing N(29) to N(35) worked perfectly for me. So if anyone else is having trouble with that macro, try changing those neutral frames in that 1 line. Good luck and thanks Exu!

Exu
11-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah for some reason the bare minimum N frames only work when on the one side. Try changing N(44) to N(60), I think that also worked.

Or use the one in the video.

jkr2krz
11-09-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm trying to get a good macro for Clark's. I know it doesn't work in Practice but at least if I can get the move then I'll have it down. I thought I had it but it was only working when facing right and he just wouldn't jump when tossing them in the air.

I'll share what I've got and edit this post as I find more, since I can't find a macro for it anywhere online. I'll divide it into the appropriate parts for the move.

-- N(29) b(1) db(1) d(1) df(1) [f+SP](1)
----- N(134) d(1) N(1) [d+LP+SP+LK+SP](1)

NOTES
From the --- point it only seems to work when Clark is on the left of the screen (1P side), I have no idea why but when facing the other way it just ends at the body toss.
Without the neutral input between the two down inputs toward the end it just doesn't come out, not even with d(1) followed by [d+SK](1). It'll just count as holding d for two frames.

Works like a charm cept one for little thing :P
The last command [d+LP+SP+LK+SP](1) should read [d+LP+SP+LK+SK](1)

When I tried your macro it kept ending before the last move (head grabs to slide) so I re-looked at the macro and noticed the double use of SP in that last command. Works fine overall though. Many thanks!!!

Exu
11-10-2010, 10:49 AM
So it does! I've changed it, and also changed N(29) to N(35) due to feedback from Kaioh and elsewhere.

KumaTaichou
11-11-2010, 05:24 AM
thanks for the tips now i have the achievment!!!

REKSEW
11-13-2010, 03:55 PM
i'm trying to get a good macro for clark's. I know it doesn't work in practice but at least if i can get the move then i'll have it down. I thought i had it but it was only working when facing right and he just wouldn't jump when tossing them in the air.

I'll share what i've got and edit this post as i find more, since i can't find a macro for it anywhere online. I'll divide it into the appropriate parts for the move.
I figure going for the bare minimum of neutral inputs is key.

B(1) db(1) d(1) df(1) f(1) b(1) db(1) d(1) df(1) [f+lk+sk](1)
- n(6) f(1) d(1) [df+sk](1)
-- n(35) b(1) db(1) d(1) df(1) [f+sp](1)
--- n(44) b(1) db(1) d(1) df(1) [f+sk](1)
---- n(39) d(1) n(1) [d+sk](1)
----- n(134) d(1) n(1) [d+lp+sp+lk+sk](1)

notes
from the --- point it only seems to work when clark is on the left of the screen (1p side), i have no idea why but when facing the other way it just ends at the body toss.
Without the neutral input between the two down inputs toward the end it just doesn't come out, not even with d(1) followed by [d+sk](1). It'll just count as holding d for two frames.

thanks for the comand, you so great!!!

F TANK
11-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Not sure what I'm doing wrong since they leave everything for us to figure out but using the macro, I'm only getting the initial HCF 2X + LK&SK no problem but am only able to connect with the leg hold (f,df,f +k) if I mash the command button and nothing else after that.
Is it supposed to be one long macro or are we able to map to several keys or what? thanks

Rey Punisher
12-26-2010, 05:12 AM

-- N(35) b(1) db(1) d(1) df(1) [f+SP](1)
----- N(134) d(1) N(1) [d+LP+SP+LK+SK](1)

NOTES

thank you very much, work perfect!!!!

BROKEN POLYGONS
07-23-2011, 04:11 AM
i love that you can use macros for achievements and challenges