PDA

View Full Version : Talented Fighter - SFII

rrushn
10-30-2010, 02:51 PM
I just spent 4 hours straight on this achievement and finally got it.

I've got 3 words for the SFII table: Worst. Meta. Ever.

Overriding your combo's with silly shitmissions isn't cool, Zen, IT JUST ISNT !

At least they had the courtesy of giving an alternative to beating Bison.

Now to beat 10 friends for that cheev and never play this table again. Like, ever.

rdowdy95
10-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Could you explain a little bit on how you got it. My problem is I don't even know how to light up the symbols on a fighters arm.

I mean one time I lit all of Guile's stuff up, and I couldn't land the ball into the cargo plane so I never got to fight anyone anyways. How do you light up their arm with the 4 symbols.

Gegliosch
10-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Every symbol stands for a specific ramp. Hit the according ramps of a fighter in the correct order to light them. If you hit something else in between, you have to start over.

Once you get it, it's quite simple, just hit 4 ramps and a hole to start a fight 4 times and there's already the final fight against bison. One of the easiest final missions after Excalibur.

rdowdy95
10-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Okay so I find out each symbols ramp. Then get those lit up in the correct order...Then shoot say in the Guile plane aka hole for his...

Once you do that can you explain the fight with Bison do I just have to hit it into Guile's hole 4 more times?

Good information though regardless. Thanks. I will play some more tonight.

Gegliosch
10-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Okay so I find out each symbols ramp. Then get those lit up in the correct order...Then shoot say in the Guile plane aka hole for his...

That's how you'd start Guile's fight. Once it is started you have to hit ramps and the purple marked special on the left. A few special shots will win the fight very fast.

For Bison to appear you'd have to do the same for the other 3 fighters as well.

The Bison fight is quite easy, you have to hit his head and avoid the hands. Get the ball in a caught position on the right flipper. Then hit it early with the back of the flipper. This will hit his head and drop the ball right back into a caught position on the right flipper. Simply repeat this a couple times and you'll be rewarded with massive points. On the Zen version of the table it was almost impossible to complete the story mode without scoring at least 200.000.000.

rrushn
10-30-2010, 10:36 PM
http://www.google.be/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.gamerbytes.com/pfx_streetfighter_screenshot_02_png_jpgcopy.jpg&sa=X&ei=W5vMTITaBoi6jAf1rtHWBw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFJtE3oOLcqqQzV9A2CmBM0yb-0Dgchun-li: right orbit, right orbit, left orbit, right orbit.
ryu: left orbit, left orbit, akuma ramp, left orbit.
ken: right orbit, akuma ramp, vega ramp, left orbit
guile: right orbit, vega ramp, akuma ramp, right orbi
(http://www.google.be/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.gamerbytes.com/pfx_streetfighter_screenshot_02_png_jpgcopy.jpg&sa=X&ei=W5vMTITaBoi6jAf1rtHWBw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFJtE3oOLcqqQzV9A2CmBM0yb-0Dg)

rdowdy95
10-30-2010, 10:39 PM
DANGGGG!!! That is going to be crazy!!! Does it have to be with one ball? If so this is going to be a fun challenge, but DANG!!! Will be tough!!!

Moe Marston
10-30-2010, 11:44 PM

Once you do that can you explain the fight with Bison do I just have to hit it into Guile's hole 4 more times?

Good information though regardless. Thanks. I will play some more tonight. Lol. Guile's hole :P

rrushn
10-31-2010, 12:22 AM
DANGGGG!!! That is going to be crazy!!! Does it have to be with one ball? If so this is going to be a fun challenge, but DANG!!! Will be tough!!!

One ball per fighter. Note that hitting any other ramp than required in one's combo will reset it to the start.

If the ramp you need has a minigame pending on the next hit, the combo will reset.

Wait too long to hit a certain ramp in the combo and the counter will go down and eventually reset.

Too much random stuff to enjoy this table imo. Aside that, it's pretty fun I guess.

rdowdy95
10-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Okay this table is pretty dang fun, but still I don't have the achievement. I know where the right orbit is (the one with the word police, hit it so hard that it comes out of the chun li spinner)...I know the Akuma and Vega ramp, but where is the left orbit? I have hit the Blanka charge ramp, but I know it is not that. (Did get Blanka to do his roll thing and played some multiball though :-))

Anyways the left orbit though can anyone tell me about that one?

Thanks. Multiball on this table is fun because that is where you really can get a high score on this thing!

Gegliosch
10-31-2010, 10:29 PM
The left orbit is basically just the right orbit entered from the other side.

yakuzzaa
10-31-2010, 10:56 PM
would be nice 2 upload something simular like the pic above for all the tables, so everyone knows what 2 do =)

rdowdy95
11-01-2010, 11:06 PM
The left orbit is basically just the right orbit entered from the other side.

Thanks found that out last night. It is shooting it through the Chun Li spinner on the left and it has to orbit all the way around coming out on the right side. Thanks man.

I am trying to do the Chun Li one since the initial launch ball can sometimes do the right orbit for you. Then sometimes I let the ball just fall to do the Yoga ball save and sometimes it gets me another right orbit. Then I catch it and try to nail that left orbit. Sometimes it is just so hard to aim and shoot it with the right flipper to the left orbit.

I still need alot of work aiming and nailing these orbits more consistently.

Any tips on the timing of nailing these orbits. I can pass the ball from one flipper to the other pretty easily without even hitting the car smash thing. I just hold the ball with one flipper and do a soft tap to where it hits the left side and propels it to the right side where I catch it with the right flipper. Not hard at all, but nailing the orbits is tough. What pisses me off is when I have the two right orbits and hit the left then I aim for the right orbit again and it goes up the Blanka charge ramp! DOH then it breaks the Chun Li combo!

Perax
11-03-2010, 03:23 PM
One ball per fighter. Note that hitting any other ramp than required in one's combo will reset it to the start.

If the ramp you need has a minigame pending on the next hit, the combo will reset.

Wait too long to hit a certain ramp in the combo and the counter will go down and eventually reset.

Too much random stuff to enjoy this table imo. Aside that, it's pretty fun I guess.

What a stupid idea to let combo reset by time AND by hitting another ramp, makes doing combos almost impossible if you're not a master of this table...

Gegliosch
11-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I just hold the ball with one flipper and do a soft tap to where it hits the left side and propels it to the right side where I catch it with the right flipper

Nudging the ball over is much easier to do, 100% reliable and risk free, as long as you watch the dot matrix on a regular basis.

What a stupid idea to let combo reset by time AND by hitting another ramp, makes doing combos almost impossible if you're not a master of this table...

It's perfectly normal that every table requires a few hours getting used to the different shots. You can complete the whole story mode with 5 different shots: Left Orbit, Right Orbit, Akuma Ramp, Blanka Ramp (including the sling shot) and special.

Getting the timing down for a handful of shots still requires a bit of practice, but it's not too much to ask. After all this is all that stands between you and a couple billions highscore.

Harry Rasing
11-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Is it still possible to beat 10 friends if you have the highest score on a tabel??

Cringer85
11-22-2010, 07:29 PM
yes, it is. You only have to beat a friends' weekly highest score. So, say a friend gets 2mill this week on a table, you only have to beat that score.

Cringer85
11-24-2010, 07:50 PM
ok. Now I managed to start a fight. Knowing, where to shoot, it's not that hard. But how do I actually win a fight? I don't really get that part.

Harry Rasing
11-25-2010, 05:51 PM
ok. Now I managed to start a fight. Knowing, where to shoot, it's not that hard. But how do I actually win a fight? I don't really get that part. Just hit enough ramps, and DON'T hit any targets (SMASH targets, Jump target) because that's damage for yourself. The health of each player is shown above the flippers, yellow blocked bars.

Hitting a ramp two times in a row is a 2x hit, triple a 3x hit...

Hitting the Blanka ramp opens the 'special attack' ramp on the left side of the table.. And it's possible to charge your special attack simple by hitting the Blanka ramp again.

For me the easiest way to defeat someone, just hit the Blanka ramp a few times, and then go for the special attack.

I think it's harder to start a fight then win it, especially when you now what to do...

Kaktus Fuz
11-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Great thread :) I didn't know what to do on this table.. I'm gonna try and win some of these fights tomorrow.