PDA

View Full Version : Road Challenges

hocks88
10-30-2010, 04:37 PM
There are various "road challenges" worth about 20G each, how do you unlock them? Is it playing through all the setlists or what? I cant seem to find out, there doesn't seem to be any information on the achievment guide. Thanks

TwistedFate
10-30-2010, 04:42 PM
You unlock them by playing the challenges in the "Road Challenges" section.

Shaynringan
10-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah, they are the ones in the Road Challenge section, the ones that make you travel thru different cities by playing setlists.

lostmotiv
10-30-2010, 05:39 PM
i like the road challenges alot, closest thing to an actual career mode

yippy smalz
10-30-2010, 06:32 PM
I dont know how but i always seem to be playing the same songs in the road challenges and it starts to get boring

hocks88
10-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Yeah, they are the ones in the Road Challenge section, the ones that make you travel thru different cities by playing setlists.

O cool, do you choose the songs or are the pre-determined? Are they hard? Thanks

Mopey
10-30-2010, 06:47 PM
O cool, do you choose the songs or are the pre-determined? Are they hard? Thanks
It depends. When you have many DLC, you might cross those songs quite often, even if they are hard as hell. For example, I come across "Green Grass & High Tides" or "Flirtin' With Disaster" almost every time when it's a Southern Rock Challenge. You can choose from one predetermined and two random playlists, though.

Mostly, it's two Rock Band 3 songs in the first playlist, two random [genre] songs in the second, or two random [length/difficulty/etc] songs.

If you want to skip it and make it easier, check out the glitch (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=271842) I found out recently.

Chazzi27
10-30-2010, 07:54 PM
It depends. When you have many DLC, you might cross those songs quite often, even if they are hard as hell. For example, I come across "Green Grass & High Tides" or "Flirtin' With Disaster" almost every time when it's a Southern Rock Challenge. You can choose from one predetermined and two random playlists, though.

Mostly, it's two Rock Band 3 songs in the first playlist, two random [genre] songs in the second, or two random [length/difficulty/etc] songs.

If you want to skip it and make it easier, check out the glitch (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=271842) I found out recently.

If you get two songs you don't like (the songs display at the top when selecting your instrument / difficulty. Just back out and go back to the set list select screen and choose it again, it will give you a different set of songs based on the criteria.

Shaynringan
10-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Yeah, everyone's spot on.

You play the Challenges in segments (cities) and each city gives you the option between one premade setlist of RB3 songs, and two other setlists that pull from all your exports and DLC.

It could be anything from Random Genre (ex: Random Prog or Random Rock), Random Artist (ex: Random Rush Playlist :D), Random Decade (ex: Random 70s or 80s), Random Length (ex: Random Long Songs), etc.

It will give you special conditions like Band Hero did, like MAINTAIN COMBO AS LONG AS YOU CAN or DEPLOY OVERDRIVE FOR AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN, and if you do that you get more Spades, which count towards unlocking goals.

Beat a city and you get to pick between three new playlists to choose from with new special conditions. Special conditions are not revealed until after the song choice is locked in, but if you do random you can keep backing out until you get ones you like.

hocks88
10-30-2010, 09:51 PM
To get the achievments, does it matter what difficulty you do it on?

Awesome Tree
10-30-2010, 10:35 PM
No, unless you suck.

The achievements are for unlocking the Gold goal in most of the roach challenges, I believe. That means you can afford to miss out on ten to twenty spades, depending on the outcome. The max you can get for a song is ten spades, (5/Gold stars and five spades). If you have a 6 song setlist, the gold goal amount is typically 50, although I did see a 55. For the 20 song setlist, the required amount is 180.

TwistedFate
10-30-2010, 10:44 PM

Nope, achievement is for finishing the road challenge only. You don't even have to be good, 1* each song on Easy and you get the achievement.