PDA

View Full Version : Very useful Road Challenges Glitch

Mopey
10-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi.

I just found out that Harmonix programmed the same glitch/bug from LEGO Rock Band into Rock Band 3. I'm talking about the Road Challenges.

Let's say you may choose between three different playlists, let it have two tracks each.
One is "Random 00's", one "Random 90's" and one "Custom Long Songs".
Now, since you're such a groovy guy, you want to play 80's instead.
Or no, you don't even want to play 80's, but two random short songs. Not possible? No problem!
Just choose any playlist (and I literally mean any playlist) that contains Custom Songs.
That means you must have the ability to choose by yourself, in the first place.
When you made your choice (in this case "Custom Long Songs") and land in the Music Library,
you press the BACK-button (or the button which takes you to the Filters) and reset all Filter-settings.

You are now free to choose any song you want, no matter what the title said in the beginning. You can even choose two songs (ironically) instead of two long ones. This makes finishing Road Challenges much easier. If this has been here before, sorry. I was playing Rock Band 3!

Have fun rocking!

TL;DR
Start a Challenge
Choose a playlist with "Custom" in its title
Choose Filter in the Music Library
Reset all Filters
Choose any song you want, no matter what the Challenge mission was

IrritatedPuppy
10-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks, I will have to try it out!

Chazzi27
10-30-2010, 07:45 PM
I don't know how "Useful" this is, since you can always just go to quick play if you want to play a certain song...the options they tend to give you during the Road Challenges aren't that bad, but good find either way :-)

Shaynringan
10-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Great find, friend, thank you. :)

Mopey
10-31-2010, 12:06 AM
I don't know how "Useful" this is, since you can always just go to quick play if you want to play a certain song...the options they tend to give you during the Road Challenges aren't that bad, but good find either way :-)
Charlene > Phish

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-31-2010, 12:52 AM
Charlene > Phish

i second this...