PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own the rock band 3 kit?

spockroxfaces
10-30-2010, 06:49 PM
And can you please tell me if it is worth the purchase, basically add any pros or cons.

Mopey
10-30-2010, 06:54 PM
I think you mean the Rock Band 3 drum kit.

I can only tell you the pros and cons by the playing style, not the quality of the product.

Pro:
- You learn drums pretty fast (even in real life, believe it or not)
- This instrument is as realistic as it gets

Con:
- Expensive
- Takes much room
- Makes annoying clack-clack-clack noises

So in the end, I come to this conclusion:
If you already have Rock Band drums (wether it be Rock Band 1, 2, or whatever), don't buy new plastic drums. Instead, buy a real drumkit. My Rock Band 1 drums are still in a damn good shape and I don't know why on earth I should buy Rock Band 2 or 3 drums in order to play "Pro". It's a waste of space and money. Add 200 and you can get a real beginner's drumkit which will be way, way more reasonable.

TwistedFate
10-30-2010, 08:58 PM
I think you mean the Rock Band 3 drum kit.

I can only tell you the pros and cons by the playing style, not the quality of the product.

Pro:
- You learn drums pretty fast (even in real life, believe it or not)
- This instrument is as realistic as it gets

Con:
- Expensive
- Takes much room
- Makes annoying clack-clack-clack noises

So in the end, I come to this conclusion:
If you already have Rock Band drums (wether it be Rock Band 1, 2, or whatever), don't buy new plastic drums. Instead, buy a real drumkit. My Rock Band 1 drums are still in a damn good shape and I don't know why on earth I should buy Rock Band 2 or 3 drums in order to play "Pro". It's a waste of space and money. Add 200 and you can get a real beginner's drumkit which will be way, way more reasonable.

Let me run this through a filter real quick. Mopey has a different perspective than I do, since he's in a different market than us.

If you already have the RB2/Beatles kit already you can just get the cymbals separately for $40 instead of springing for a whole new set.

Even if you don't have an RB2/Beatles kit already, it's not nearly as expensive for you as it is for Mopey since you are in the States. "Takes much room"? It's the same size as RB2 drums, and not nearly as large as a real kit. My Yamaha eKit is kind of small by drum sizes, but is massive compared to my RB2 kit with cymbals. "Click clack noise"? As opposed to the BOOM CLANG SMASH of a real kit?

If you are interested in learning drums, but don't have a lot of space or money, this is a passable alternative. Plug in a thumb drive with your music on it, go to Freestyle mode and jam away. If you aren't sure if you will like it or not, you can just get the RB2 kit without cymbals and see, then you can add cymbals later. That will cost more in the long run, but save you money initially.

If you are just doing it to get Pro achievements don't bother, it will just end up taking up space if you aren't interested in the drums.

If you are already serious about drums, get a cheap eKit and wait for the MIDI box to come out.

spockroxfaces
10-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Let me run this through a filter real quick. Mopey has a different perspective than I do, since he's in a different market than us.

If you already have the RB2/Beatles kit already you can just get the cymbals separately for $40 instead of springing for a whole new set.

Even if you don't have an RB2/Beatles kit already, it's not nearly as expensive for you as it is for Mopey since you are in the States. "Takes much room"? It's the same size as RB2 drums, and not nearly as large as a real kit. My Yamaha eKit is kind of small by drum sizes, but is massive compared to my RB2 kit with cymbals. "Click clack noise"? As opposed to the BOOM CLANG SMASH of a real kit?

If you are interested in learning drums, but don't have a lot of space or money, this is a passable alternative. Plug in a thumb drive with your music on it, go to Freestyle mode and jam away. If you aren't sure if you will like it or not, you can just get the RB2 kit without cymbals and see, then you can add cymbals later. That will cost more in the long run, but save you money initially.

If you are just doing it to get Pro achievements don't bother, it will just end up taking up space if you aren't interested in the drums.

If you are already serious about drums, get a cheap eKit and wait for the MIDI box to come out.

thanks for your response. i actually love playing the drums but my rock band kit went all to hell. i want a good long term set and heard some pretty descent things about the new rock band 3 set. if i was to get a cheap ekit could you recommend one? also i started a thread about my expert 5 star achievement being glitched. do you have any input on that matter?

dalton32389
10-31-2010, 02:01 AM
i love my rb3 kit. was playing almost all expert on rb2 now had to bump down because the 3 cymbals add a lot more difficulty than i had anticipated. it's kind of like playing for the first time all over again. on the expert 5 star, check "my goals" section. it kept me on track for a lot of achievements.