PDA

View Full Version : Playing on Arcade Console

SuperNobbs
10-30-2010, 06:55 PM
So i've heard rumours that The Sims 3 has performance issues on certain "types" of console. i hear it runs pretty damn well on the Slim, but owning the Arcade doesnt help lol.

i was just curious if anyone had played on the Arcade console, and if anyone has had any problems. and if so, is there any way to solve said problems?

cheers in advance guys =]

cowboy bob
10-30-2010, 07:27 PM
So i've heard rumours that The Sims 3 has performance issues on certain "types" of console. i hear it runs pretty damn well on the Slim, but owning the Arcade doesnt help lol.

i was just curious if anyone had played on the Arcade console, and if anyone has had any problems. and if so, is there any way to solve said problems?

cheers in advance guys =] umm I dont know where you get your information from but it runs fine. I have an arcade console and it runs flawlessly. Must be a bad disc or your console is screwed up to begin with

SuperNobbs
10-30-2010, 07:40 PM
umm I dont know where you get your information from but it runs fine. I have an arcade console and it runs flawlessly. Must be a bad disc or your console is screwed up to begin with

you misuderstand. i dont have my copy yet. and i get my information from this very site. read their review on it =/

cowboy bob
10-30-2010, 07:46 PM
you misuderstand. I dont have my copy yet. And i get my information from this very site. Read their review on it =/ here is my review. I have had my arcade console for 3 years now and the sims 3 works flawlessly (100%) i playedit for 16 hours yesterday with out any issues!

tS-BLiTZ
10-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Fine for me. 19 hour stretches work great.

amistoned
10-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Well, i do not have an arcade console, i have the newest elite version(right before slim came out).That said,there are very few differences between the systems,so few so that performance variances are at best unnoticible.

lol@ the other people that have the 16+ hour "simmathons",as i bought my copy on tuesday at 1am and by wednesday at 1am i had played 21 hours,lol

tS-BLiTZ
10-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Well, i do not have an arcade console, i have the newest elite version(right before slim came out).That said,there are very few differences between the systems,so few so that performance variances are at best unnoticible.

lol@ the other people that have the 16+ hour "simmathons",as i bought my copy on tuesday at 1am and by wednesday at 1am i had played 21 hours,lol

<3 glad I'm not the only one

amistoned
10-30-2010, 09:59 PM
<3 glad I'm not the only one
yah my wife misses the tv...She told me the other day i couldnt play xbox cuz she wanted to watch a movie,i said fine, cuz in two days sims 3 is coming out and the tv will be mine forever...time to buy another tv i suppose lol

tS-BLiTZ
10-30-2010, 10:10 PM
yah my wife misses the tv...She told me the other day i couldnt play xbox cuz she wanted to watch a movie,i said fine, cuz in two days sims 3 is coming out and the tv will be mine forever...time to buy another tv i suppose lol

I have three next to each other for just this very reason. And two Wii's and an extra 360 >_>

zerospaceA4
10-31-2010, 08:22 AM
I have an arcade console, it's exactly two years old now, and I really haven't noticed any performance issues (with The Sims 3 or any other game), the game runs great. Just yesterday I played for 8 hours straight without any problem. But then, I have an 120GB HDD, I don't know how the game runs if it's not installed.

SuperNobbs
10-31-2010, 12:30 PM
I have an arcade console, it's exactly two years old now, and I really haven't noticed any performance issues (with The Sims 3 or any other game), the game runs great. Just yesterday I played for 8 hours straight without any problem. But then, I have an 120GB HDD, I don't know how the game runs if it's not installed.

well i got 20g hdd but i have about 8gb free. is that enough to install?

it'll probably be the only game i install, but if it helps, i dont mind =]

Crimson Ridley
10-31-2010, 12:41 PM
well i got 20g hdd but i have about 8gb free. is that enough to install?

it'll probably be the only game i install, but if it helps, i dont mind =]

That's enough space, and it will definitely help. :)

zerospaceA4
10-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes, it will definitely help. If you're gonna play often, it's worth installing. Actually, I was a bit surprised that the game takes only about 4GB of space. Makes me wish that they included a bit more hairstyles, clothes and furniture.

SuperNobbs
10-31-2010, 01:00 PM
That's enough space, and it will definitely help. :)

thats ace, cheers bud =]

do you know how much space it actually takes up?

CraZ x360a
10-31-2010, 02:08 PM
thats ace, cheers bud =]

do you know how much space it actually takes up?

I'm pretty sure that it is 4GB.