PDA

View Full Version : Extremely easier way to do pro keyboard trainer achieves

Saix00726
10-31-2010, 01:27 AM
Just found out if you pause the rewind keeps occurring in the pro trainer tutorials. Basically what you do is use one hand over the first button of the section and the other on the pause button when you hit it u pause real quick twice and it will rewind back pretty far to where you can read the same note again. However it seems for the tutorials with the triple chords really spaced out you need a second person to hold their finger over the pause button. I'd make a video but I'm a wee little bit computer illiterate.:mad: Oh apparently you can abuse pause in quickplay and it wont effect anything so you can abuse this there too.

x352x pH
11-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Just found out if you pause the rewind keeps occurring in the pro trainer tutorials. Basically what you do is use one hand over the first button of the section and the other on the pause button when you hit it u pause real quick twice and it will rewind back pretty far to where you can read the same note again. However it seems for the tutorials with the triple chords really spaced out you need a second person to hold their finger over the pause button. I'd make a video but I'm a wee little bit computer illiterate.:mad: Oh apparently you can abuse pause in quickplay and it wont effect anything so you can abuse this there too.

Wouldn't this take forever to complete a song usuing this method?

RealistIdealist
11-03-2010, 01:58 PM
I tried this method last week. It doesn't work. It doesn't check it off if you pause during the training run.

x352x pH
11-03-2010, 02:04 PM
I tried this method last week. It doesn't work. It doesn't check it off if you pause during the training run.
well, that clears it up lol

Aberrant Simon
11-11-2010, 10:22 AM
i tried this with the pausing thing, worked fine and i actually learned a lot. you have to be a Steve Wonder for doing this.

HamKet
11-11-2010, 04:22 PM
The trick is in the timing. Make sure you pause the game immediately after you hit the note and see the percentage increase. If you pause and the percentage doesn't go up, you'll have to hit the note again. (Sometimes this is tricky, too. I somehow ended up with 104% on one run.)

I knocked out all but about 8 of them last night in less than an hour, so it wouldn't take too much longer to complete. But it does help to have a second person to pause for you on the four-note chords.

SK L4xX
11-19-2010, 01:19 AM
The trick is in the timing. Make sure you pause the game immediately after you hit the note and see the percentage increase. If you pause and the percentage doesn't go up, you'll have to hit the note again. (Sometimes this is tricky, too. I somehow ended up with 104% on one run.)

yes i can confirm i works just like you described...the only thing i have to add is you have to do this on your first try otherwise the notes wont dissappear and you can get as many % as you like but the game doesnt check it off

Aberrant Simon
11-22-2010, 12:29 PM
They might have patch it then, i did it some weeks ago, and it worked fine, checked off, got the achievement. If it doesnt work anymore, then i think they patched.

THE ZOZ
11-22-2010, 04:20 PM
someone told me about this method the other day and then i spent an hour trying to complete a single lesson but no luck, i don`t know if HMX have patched this because i can`t remember if there was an update since the game came out! If i could manage to get this achievement & the pro guitar achievements then 1250GS on RB3 is "eminent"

Vectorman953
11-22-2010, 06:32 PM
I can verify that this DOES work.
You just need to make sure that it is your first attempt at the lesson (hit right and then left to clear back to the lesson)

Some of the lessons do have REALLY annoying 4-note chords, but generally if you have three fingers of one hand on three keys, and the other hand hitting the last key and hovering over the pause button.

It took awhile, and it was grating as hell, but it IS possible using a pause method.

theshieguy
11-23-2010, 01:16 AM
someone told me about this method the other day and then i spent an hour trying to complete a single lesson but no luck, i don`t know if HMX have patched this because i can`t remember if there was an update since the game came out! If i could manage to get this achievement & the pro guitar achievements then 1250GS on RB3 is "eminent"

"someone" also told you to restart if you make a mistake and to check the achievement guide for updates. ;) :p

For anyone who might've missed it (the bold and underlined is VERY important):

As complicated and intimidating as many of the Expert lessons look, there is a VERY easy way to complete all of these lessons. Simply start up one of the Expert lessons and IMMEDIATELY pause the game after hitting the first note of the lesson. When you are ready, un-pause the game, hit the following note (or chord) and quickly pause the game again. When you hit each note just before pausing, the game registers that note as being hit, so you will achieve a 100% rating for all the lessons as long as you pause and un-pause the game after playing each note. Be sure to play each lesson one note at a time to make things easy for yourself.

Only the first run of each lesson counts when doing this method. So, if you make a mistake, be sure to press left or right on the D-pad to re-select the lesson you were playing (to ensure that your 100% score gets counted toward the achievement). Some notes may need to be played a few times to register, so just pause and un-pause until you see the note gem disappear. For note chords, pause and un-pause the game as many times as you need to to figure out which notes need to be played for that chord.

This will take about 2-3 hours to complete solo and about 1-2 hours if you can get a friend to help with some of the more challenging 4-note chords.

Have fun! :)

Creed Braton
11-23-2010, 09:06 AM
lol! i just did it normal! but I have been playing the piano for years :3 the only difficult one was the last tier. those three were tricky and time consuming. you have to be DEAD accurate and its a pain in the butt.

SpiralGamerpro
12-04-2010, 07:17 AM
This glitch is getting patched.