PDA

View Full Version : Can 2nd Player Save Their Game Data?

wcellon
10-31-2010, 01:55 AM
So my wife and I loved playing the first Family Game Night and as we logged in, it would ask each of us to select a storage device. Family Game Night III is only asking the first player that signs in to select a storage device.

We played the other night and we both got some achievements, but since it only saved her game data, nothing that I did will count toward the cumulative achievements, such as the 10 wins in each game. Maybe I am missing something, but if not, this kind of sucks because we like playing together.

ardnassac79
11-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I was looking into this for me and my BF because we love Clue and Life, but i agree - if we can't both get progress towards the achievements playing together, it's pretty much a waste! Kinda defeats the "Family" game night idea...

Hawaii Jeff
11-07-2010, 12:58 AM
so, what is the verdict?

can every person signed in to their profile save to their individual progress/stats?

MatrixJake1978
11-08-2010, 05:01 AM
You can get achievements for the 2nd player.

I read this and didn't know, so I just tried it. Logged in myself and a diff. profile on the second player on a local match and had the second player win a game of Twister -- Unlocked 3 achievements.

THE D ZASTA
11-08-2010, 03:34 PM
We know we can both get achievements the test would be to see if the second player can unlock the 10 wins achievement. Fastest test would probably be Twister maybe I'll try this in the evening.

d00gler
11-10-2010, 02:59 AM
I am also curious about this...considering this was a full priced retail release, one would assume it would have more features and extra polish compared to the downloadable titles released thus far. I have been severely disappointed with the quality of the game - including the (lack of) fun of every single individual game, and the overall graphical presentation of the game.
The fun, classic, board games have not made a smooth transition to the digital world. Mr. Potato Head, who was an actually decent and humorous host/mascot of the past iterations, has now been neutered to an emotionless and personality-less version of his poor former self.
My wife and I are not impressed with this. If we had kids, I doubt it would hold their attention for an hour.

ShazamFTW
11-16-2010, 02:06 AM
I am of the no opinion... I have my roommates account logged in to grind mousetrap a couple games at a time. I know damn well his has placed 50 pieces over time but nothing has popped.

I absolutely love games like this but this game as a whole is a pile... :-(

Fire Hawk D
11-17-2010, 09:46 PM
I have been severely disappointed with the quality of the game - including the (lack of) fun of every single individual game, and the overall graphical presentation of the game.
The fun, classic, board games have not made a smooth transition to the digital world. If we had kids, I doubt it would hold their attention for an hour.

I agree. Other than Life and Clue, it's not very fun. There're no options to change the rules like in the last game, and they added stupid, little mini-games into the 'original' version of each game, making it hard too play with a casual- or non-gamer. Very uncool, EA.

The Natural
11-18-2010, 04:02 AM
After playing this game WAAAY more than I would really care for - I have found the 2nd profile CAN get most of the achievements IF (and thats a big if) you play a certain game long enough. The 2nd profile can get 10 wins as long as you don't back out of the game. The only achievements that #2 can't get are the ones for unlocking all of the park items and Game Night God obviously. Hope this helps