PDA

View Full Version : The challenger and Complete guide

sibarraz 4 life
10-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey guys, I already unlocked all the offline achievements, so now, I will give you a little help if you're stuck with some challenge

First of all, to unlock THE CHALLENGER achievement, you don't need to beat the expert challenges, with only completing the normal challenges you will had the achievement

Now, the list of challenges are provided by Hyryu no Ken from Game Faqs, with the FAQ coming from here http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/953055-the-king-of-fighters-2002-unlimited-match/faqs/59485 The metods used by the challenges are from my words and lots of them are based on the great series of videos from AshtheOne, available on youtube, just search in youtube KOF 2002UM challenge, and should

Some notations

A = X button
B = A button
C = Y button
D = B button
K = Kick
P = Punch
QCF = Quarter Circle Forward
QCB = Quarter Circle Backward
HCF = Half Circle Forward
HCB = Half Circle Backward
BC = MaxMode
QuickMax = When you press BC while you're in a combo, this spend 2 gauge instead of one

01. Execute Throw Escape (forward + HP/HK while being thrown) 5 times.

02. Execute Recovery Roll (LP+LK when knocked down) 5 times.

03. Crush the opponent's guard and defeat them.

Your opponent while had 0% life, but will be blocking all your attacks, you need to keep attacking him until his guard breaks and then hit him with anything, I picked athena, keep attacking him until I had 1 gauge in the meter, in hit the opponent with his DM qcf x2 + A/B in the air

04. Execute Guard Cancel Evasion (LP+LK while blocking) 5 times.

05. Execute Guard Cancel Blow Back (HP+HK while blocking) 5 times.

06. Beat an opponent who uses Guard Cancel Blow Back on all attacks.

Again, Pick Athena an do her aerial DM, you will had unlimted gauge, so there is no problem

07. Beat an opponent who uses Roll repeatedly.

Pretty straight forward, you shouldn't had problems with this one

08. Execute a combo that ends with a DM (Desperation Move/Super).

This one is easy, pick Kyo, use standing C, QCF + K, K, QCB, HCF + C

09. Combo: Normal -> Command Normal -> Special

Pick any character with some command move (ex, F+B) and later do some special move like QCF +C, this one is better to do according to some character that you use

10. Combo: Include MAX Mode Activation (i.e. LP -> MAX Mode).

Pick Kula, send your opponent to the corner and do Standing C, BC at the first hit, another standing C and some special

11. Combo: Small jump normal -> Normal -> Special

A small jump normal is when you do a little jump, in KOF there are 4 kinds of jumps, and to do this one, you need to put your stick down, then jump, but releasing the stick quickly after you press up-forward, if you did it right, your character will had a shadow while he jumps, if you press UP-FORWARD too much time, your character will jump very high, so keep that in mind

Now, pick King, and do the small jump normal, then press C on the Air, then D when you touch the ground, and then QCF + K, it will took some time, but eventually will appear. You can use other character which you're more used too, maybe terry : P

12. Combo: Include 4 MAX cancels (doble in MAX Mode).

Pick Kyo and activate max mode, then do QCF + A, and quickly put QCF + C, repeat this sequence 2 more times and you will be ready. You must be quick when you cancel from QCF + A, to QCF + C, because if you're a bit slow, Kyo will not ''max cancel'' this move and instead it will do the normal continue move that he had

13. Use Crow Bites (dp + LP/HP) to counter hit 5 times.

Simple, just use crow bite five times in a row against whip while she jumps, if you miss one, you must start again, so watch your timing

14. Combo: Do 50% damage.

Now this one was a real pain in the ass, in 2002UM unlike KOF XIII, the damage scaling is actually pretty good (or at least best than XIII) so doing a 50% combo could be a little frustrating.

The part that got me mad from this challenge, is that if you fail the combo, you must start again, giving you little time to practice the combo, so it will be better to practice a little in practice mode, now, the good news are, that in this challenge, if you stun your opponent, you could still complete the challenge, so pick Ryo, activate max mode, and do this combo:

Standing C, Forward A, cancel into QCF 2 + C. This will put your opponent in stun state, so now just do the ryuuko ranbu (QCF, HCB +C) and the challenge will be done.

15. Beat Kyo-1, Kyo-2, KUSANAGI, and Kyo Kusanagi.

Pick your best character, this one is easy

16. Beat Orochi Team (O. Yashiro, O. Shermie, O. Chris) and Goenitz.

Same with 15, this guys are not half as hard as their original parts from 97 and 96 respectively

17. Use d, d + P to survive Clone Zero's DM.

This one is really cool and demonstrates how badass Takuma is. Just pick him and at the start of the round, press d, d + P to do his stance which would give him auto guard while Clone Zero does his DM, you must do this very quickly though, because if you're too late, you will die.

18. Hit opponent w/ Overkill (db, d, df, f, uf, u, d + P in air, close)

As soon as Chris jump from his special move after the first hit, input the command while you're are on the air.

19. Combo: Include MAX Mode Activation and a MAX2 move.

Do the same as the challenge 10, but instead of finishing with a special, finish your combo with his MAX 2 qcf x 2 + BD, you will hit a lot of time while you connect the second standing C, but the timing could be a little strict, the best will be to put your opponent in the corner.

20. Beat Krizalid.

I beat krizalid with any special trick, in 2002UM all the bosses are way more easy than in their original games (except omega rugal) but if you're having troubles, just pick heidern and do his Charge down, up + K, repeat, sometimes if you want to keep space you should combine it with Charge back, forward + P, and while he is blocking, connect the previous move, it always works.

21. Combo: Do 70% damage.

This one is easy, pick Shingo, put your opponent in the corner, activate max mode, and do Crouching C, QCF + A, cancel into QCF x 2 + AC, after the SDM connects, just do it again while your opponent is in the air and you will had your 70% combo, remember, unlike 2002og, you don't need to be in max mode to do SDM and MAX 2, so don't waste time activating max mode after the first SDM connects.

22. Using Kensou, whose health is gradually draining, beat 3 opponents.

This one is tough, when you get less than 30% of life, keep spamming Kensou max mode, but try to don't get the power up because if you did, you can't activate his max mode again until the next fight, if you pick the power up, try to do it near the end of the round, the best advice is try to combine normal moves with his command moves than are overheads, just keep pressing your opponent. It will took some time, but is not that hard

23. Beat Clone Zero and Zero.

There are two methods, the Heidern one that I already explained, and the athena which I discovered, just keep spamming QCB + A, your opponent will get hit or will jump towards you, then just do Down D and repeat, sometimes you could combine with Jump QCB + K, after a QCB +A, but it will require some timing. If you're in max mode, if you connect her J, QCB + K, try to cancel it into her HCB X 2 + C / AC

24. Combo: 20 hits without DMs (Supers), MAX, or MAX2.

This one was the only one where I needed macross : ( just do this

YouTube - The King of Fighters 2002 UM : Normal Mission 24 Challenge Mode

25. Beat the opponent by finishing them with a DM. Invisible life bar.

Pick Kyo and keep beating your opponent, until your meter reach 1 and 1/2 of gauge, then connect some KYO DM and you will be ready, be carefull, because if you're too late you will beat your opponent without the DM, failing in the proces

26. Beat the opponent with 10 hits or less.

Pick Ralf and do his Galactica Phanton (QCF x 2 + C) the IA is very stupid on this one so should work after try GP

27. Survive for 30 seconds. You can't block or attack.

Pick Choi and go to the corner, when benimaru approaches, do a triangle jump, jump toward the corner, and then jump again while you're there to the stage,, fooling benimaru

sibarraz 4 life
10-31-2010, 03:28 PM
28. Beat the opponent while controls are inverted (up is down,etc).

Have fun with this one : ) the best thing to do is pich some charge character, Heidern should be the best option, but leona could work too.
29. Avoid being hit by Choi's MAX2 3 times. You have 0 health.

Pick Chang, as soon as the round start, keep mashing A or C, as soon as he hits choi, press ABCD at the same time to cancel the attack, repeat 2 more times

30. Beat Igniz and Omega Rugal.

This one is easy, just pick heidern. When you fight against Igniz, with heidern do his Ch Back, forward + a, and then his Ch down, up + K while igniz is blocking, sometimes you will only need to do the last one if Igniz is on the corner, but you will want to secure the hit, so it will be better to combine with his projectile

Now, against Omega rugal, the only thing that you will need to do is his Ch Back, forward + a, now, two thing could happen

- If rugal does his weak genocide cutter, the projectil will hit him, so repeat it one more time

- If rugal does his strong genocide cutter, the projectile will not him, so then, keep charging down to wait the exact moment to connect his
Ch down, up + K (wait until Rugal is near to touch the ground, do it early and will whiff, do it late and you will eat another genocide cutter) if you succes, repeat the same process

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that this helped you some, now to get the complete achievement, you need to beat the 20 expert challenges, which will be unlocked after you beat the 30 normal challenges, or if you fail 100 times the normal challenges

Now, expert challenges are REALLY hard, so don't get sad, there are some consolation prizes, if you fail 300 times the expert challenges, you will unlock EVERYTHING, including Nightmare Geese and the rest of the bosses (all of them except nightmare geese are unlocked after beating 65 opponent in endless)

So yeah, keep failing on Expert challenges if you can't beat them, if you hear an awkward pause on the sound, it will mean that you failed 300 times, so go back to challenge menu and nightmare geese will be unlocked

Well, see ya on wednesday!

ErinEsurance
10-31-2010, 04:49 PM
The fastest way to fail 300 EX challenges is just to set a turbo controller up hitting the A button on EX challenge 1. Takes a little over an hour for 300 fails/unlock everything. Or you could manually press A for an hour and be bored out of your mind.

bentiancai
10-31-2010, 06:03 PM
nice guide, expert challenge is too hard for most of people
and fail 300 times is very time consuming.

TooL LiSTNeR
10-31-2010, 06:08 PM
thanx god you did the guide, Omega Rugal is a bitch

sibarraz 4 life
10-31-2010, 06:25 PM
With the heidern method is easy

scplay3r
11-03-2010, 05:26 PM
someone help me with 9 plz i cant get it

Zerge
11-03-2010, 05:48 PM
someone help me with 9 plz i cant get it

hey man, just pick terry and do the basic combo. that is: standing C ---> forward A ---> weak versión of power wave

C -> f A -> qcf + A

Exu
11-04-2010, 12:11 AM
EDIT: I did challenge 12 using the macro in this video: YouTube - King Of Fighters 2002 UM EX Challenge Command #3

EDIT2: Got one using Shingo for 50% damage. I understand one later is for 70% so this'll work for that too.

d(1) df(1) f(1) d(1) df(1) f(1) [LP+SP](1) N(80)
-Repeat

For some reason you can't do [f+LP+SP]. Well, I couldn't anyway.

EDIT (again).

For Ch19 pick Ryo and use the following macro:

SP(5) N(5) [LK+SP](5) N(5)
- d(1) df(1) f(1) d(1) df(1) f(1) [LP+SP](1) N(160)
-- d(1) df(1) f(1) df(1) d(1) db(1) b(1) [LP+SP](1)

It asked for a quick MAX activation and a MAX2 in the same combo. Didn't say you couldn't stun them in the middle of it. :p

TooL LiSTNeR
11-04-2010, 04:18 AM
you want an easier way to fail 300 times? pick Mission 12 Expert if you unlocked it just jump to fail, i did this with turbo controller.

Exu
11-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Cheers for that. I taped down my A button on my turbo pad and used one of my sister's hairbands to pull the stick up/left. Fit snugly around the "shoulder" of my Hori pad (1st gen).

Could be a good trick for those of you with similar apparatus.

RydiaFromFF2
11-05-2010, 08:24 AM
I set up challange 19 a bit different. Since the OP said Kula I went with that and made a script. goes:
SP(1),N(29),S(LK,SP)(1),N(8),D(1),DF(1),F(1),D(1), Df(1),S(F+Lk+Sk)(1)

Took some tweeking but finally got it.

KumaTaichou
11-11-2010, 05:25 AM
thank you for the quickguide now i have both achievments

REKSEW
11-14-2010, 03:09 AM
edit: I did challenge 12 using the macro in this video: youtube - king of fighters 2002 um ex challenge command #3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duhcurhm3t0)

edit2: Got one using shingo for 50% damage. I understand one later is for 70% so this'll work for that too.

D(1) df(1) f(1) d(1) df(1) f(1) [lp+sp](1) n(80)
-repeat

for some reason you can't do [f+lp+sp]. Well, i couldn't anyway.

Edit (again).

For ch19 pick ryo and use the following macro:

Sp(5) n(5) [lk+sp](5) n(5)
- d(1) df(1) f(1) d(1) df(1) f(1) [lp+sp](1) n(160)
-- d(1) df(1) f(1) df(1) d(1) db(1) b(1) [lp+sp](1)

it asked for a quick max activation and a max2 in the same combo. Didn't say you couldn't stun them in the middle of it. :p

one more time, thanks

Mikesahhh
11-18-2010, 01:59 AM
You can use this following macro for challenge 11

Dx7, Fx2, UFx4, Nx15, SPx12, Nx10, [F+SP]x4, F,DF,D, [D+SP], [DF+SP]x2, [F+SP]x3

Rey Punisher
12-26-2010, 11:06 PM
i really need help with challenge 14...

edit i just found my way spamming with nameless

FeLizP
10-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Let me start out by thanking you for posting this in the first place, you really know your KOF! Next, I found a few mistakes on your guide that should be fixed that threw me off like some of the DM inputs that you forgot to add and other various areas.

I also noticed the wrong use of subject and verbs in your guide (e.g Had to have) but I'm assuming English is not your mother tongue anyway so no biggie. ;) I did have problems understanding your guide at times though but I eventually got it. I'm not sure if the OP edits this thread much.

Thanks for this I will edit later if needed.

painthendo
06-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Disculpen, me gustaria saber si alguno de ustedes
me podria facilitar la sucesion del combo necesario de
Kim para este ex challenge...:Bounce:

i need the "Macro"...is my last challenge to do...:confused:

RA1NKING
10-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the guide , it helped me very much :-)