PDA

View Full Version : Rockband Immortal Achievement?

para182
10-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Does it all have to be on 1 instrument? or Bass / Guitar? Or can it spread through all 4...I know imagine doesn't have a guitar part.. im just wondering how this achievement works.

BadAssNipples
10-31-2010, 05:00 PM
It can be on different instruments, but I'm not sure if band scores count. My guess is no. If you want to check for this or other achieves go into career and my goals.

Coadster1
10-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Awesome question! I was wondering the same thing. Good to know it can be on different instruments.

GuitarGuruXXX
10-31-2010, 07:13 PM
There are some songs that I have done on different instruments and they are checked in my goals as 5 starred.

The Nerevarine
10-31-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm confused. I have 5 stars on all but a couple songs on drums, but in the band challenges is the challenge with the same name and icon and in the list far fewer songs are checked off.

Insight anyone? Is this challenge unrelated to the achievement?

RealistIdealist
10-31-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm confused. I have 5 stars on all but a couple songs on drums, but in the band challenges is the challenge with the same name and icon and in the list far fewer songs are checked off.

Insight anyone? Is this challenge unrelated to the achievement?

Certain modes don't count (I think online). Play them under the goals and they'll check off.

Also for everyone else's quesion: You don't need to 5 star every song with one instrument. You can do it on multiple ones.

theshieguy
10-31-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm gonna quote myself on this one :p (posted this past Wednesday):

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/UPmJOII=.jpg Rock Band Immortal - 5 Star every song in Rock Band 3 on Expert. 50G

There are 83 songs on-disc that you must 5-star on Expert difficulty to unlock this achievement. The 5-star score can be combined among all instrument scores (guitar, bass, drums, vocals and keyboard). To see your progress, from the main menu: Career>My Goals>Rock Band>Epic Rock Band 3>Rock Band Master.

Each song that has been 5-starred will have a check next to its name. The achievement will unlock once all 83 songs have been 5-starred on Expert.

As long as you get 5 stars on Expert, it counts toward this achievement. There are instrument-specific goals that don't have achievements tied to them, but this one is cumulative. Online play does not count for this but online scores ARE added to "Alex's Luggage Combination." As long as you 5-star a song on Expert in local Quickplay or local Road Challenges, it counts toward Rock Band Immortal.

I some how forgot to mention the info in that second to last sentence in those two achievement descriptions. It'll be added later this evening.

HamKet
10-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Perhaps I am just not seeing it, but where the heck is this goal/achievement tracked?

para182
10-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Perhaps I am just not seeing it, but where the heck is this goal/achievement tracked?

same here I just see it for certain instruments not all combined but thanks for letting me know it can work with all 4 instruments.

theshieguy
11-01-2010, 02:53 AM

same here I just see it for certain instruments not all combined but thanks for letting me know it can work with all 4 instruments.

You guys CAN'T be serious, right? :confused:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/UPmJOII=.jpg Rock Band Immortal - 5 Star every song in Rock Band 3 on Expert. 50G

There are 83 songs on-disc that you must 5-star on Expert difficulty to unlock this achievement. The 5-star score can be combined among all instrument scores (guitar, bass, drums, vocals and keyboard). To see your progress, from the main menu: Career>My Goals>Rock Band>Epic Rock Band 3>Rock Band Master.

Each song that has been 5-starred will have a check next to its name. The achievement will unlock once all 83 songs have been 5-starred on Expert.

There's a reason I wrote that in the guide and why I quoted the whole description in this thread...:cool:

BlackMoonLord
11-01-2010, 06:30 AM
The goal is under career goals in the Rock Band section for goals. Also if you're missing a few it's because the goal/achievement only counts for single player. Playing online and in a band doesn't count. It can be across different instruments however.

GuitarGuruXXX
11-01-2010, 06:43 AM

There's a reason I wrote that in the guide and why I quoted the whole description in this thread...:cool:

people are lazy. just the way it is.

HamKet
11-01-2010, 07:24 AM
It has nothing to do with laziness.

I knew about the Rock Band Master goal, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing it anywhere else, as the other goals which are achievements share their name with the achievement.

The Nerevarine
11-01-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm gonna quote myself on this one :p (posted this past Wednesday):

As long as you get 5 stars on Expert, it counts toward this achievement. There are instrument-specific goals that don't have achievements tied to them, but this one is cumulative. Online play does not count for this but online scores ARE added to "Alex's Luggage Combination." As long as you 5-star a song on Expert in local Quickplay or local Road Challenges, it counts toward Rock Band Immortal.

I some how forgot to mention the info in that second to last sentence in those two achievement descriptions. It'll be added later this evening.
That can't be true, I have 5 stars on expert drums 81/83 and the progress for this particular goal is 49/83. This has to do with quickplay only, it seems.

ThatsFatalFury
11-01-2010, 09:17 AM
That can't be true, I have 5 stars on expert drums 81/83 and the progress for this particular goal is 49/83. This has to do with quickplay only, it seems.

I disagree. The first thing I did was the Road Challenges and played all of the on-disc songs the first chance I got. Then, after I beat the entire Road Challenge Career I went to Quickplay and played the rest of the on-disc songs that weren't playable in the Road Challenges and I am left with 82/83 songs 5*'d (stupid Llama) for both the drums challenge as well as overall.

Did you happen to play a lot of those songs online?

MuscularTea
11-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Yea, I did about 30 in road challenges so far and they're all showing up as 5*'d so as long as your doing them solo it counts, since when me and my girlfriend played and did Misery Business it didn't go towards my 5* goal

theshieguy
11-01-2010, 01:41 PM

people are lazy. just the way it is.

When someone makes a thread to ask a question that already has the answer posted elsewhere, that's one thing. When said answer is posted in the thread that THEY created, and "I don't see it" gets mentioned, what the hell do you call that? :wtf

I knew about the Rock Band Master goal, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing it anywhere else, as the other goals which are achievements share their name with the achievement.

So the "5 star every song in Rock Band 3 on Expert" description along with the goal having the SAME icon as the achievement wasn't enough? :confused: :p It's only in one place...the goal area I mentioned. It's ONE achievement. It makes no sense to have the goal in more than one place.

5 star scores are added from Quickplay, Road Challenges or in the setlist that can be played when checking the goal list. That's why I suggested that people play as many songs as they can 5-star in Road Challenges...to speed up the process. ;)

The instrument played doesn't matter, as long as it is a 5-star score completed on Expert difficulty. If you only have 49/83, then you either played online or with other people locally. It must be completed solo on Expert.

Silly me. I have updated the guide to include that solo-play bit of info. :p Good luck getting to 83.

I disagree. The first thing I did was the Road Challenges and played all of the on-disc songs the first chance I got. Then, after I beat the entire Road Challenge Career I went to Quickplay and played the rest of the on-disc songs that weren't playable in the Road Challenges and I am left with 82/83 songs 5*'d (stupid Llama) for both the drums challenge as well as overall.

Did you happen to play a lot of those songs online?

He probably played the hell out of the online with his friends. :p Poor guy. It might be easier for him to mix it up with all the instruments to get the achievements rather than replaying those songs on drums again solo.

And this achievement unlocked for me yesterday. I had to endure "Free Bird" and TWO runs of "Roundabout" on vocals after getting a 4.9 star rating the first time. :rolleyes: I SERIOUSLY never want to play that song again.

ColdSpider72
11-01-2010, 03:58 PM

It probably has more to do with your brain being on the same level as Cro-magnun man.