PDA

View Full Version : New Guitar

Chibi the Balla
11-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Since my Rock Band 1 guitar has become so old, my Rock Band 2 guitar having button issues and the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar just sucks...I need a new guitar. I hear the GH: WOR guitar is pretty good, but I could really care less for the game. I just want a guitar to play on RB3. The big thing for me is being comfortable with the buttons, which the RB2 guitar was perfect and why I don't like the GHWT guitar. Does anyone have suggestions on which guitar I should get? Or should I just go out and find another RB2 guitar, which is kinda hard to find around here?

GuitarGuruXXX
11-01-2010, 01:24 AM
I still use my GH Les Paul. Tough to find though. The new GH guitars are pretty good too. Never could get fully used to the RB guitars at all.

spockroxfaces
11-01-2010, 01:59 AM
the les paul is a very good guitar, but the WoR guitar to me is the best one produced out of all the guitar hero guitars. Seeing as you are more partial to the rock band guitars, i would try to find one of those.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-01-2010, 05:54 AM
I still use my GH Les Paul. Tough to find though. The new GH guitars are pretty good too. Never could get fully used to the RB guitars at all.

same here, theres even a spot under the strum bar thats starting to dip from my pinky constantly rubbing along it. u could clearly see that i strum down for the most part, and ive been using that guitar for a long time.

originally got it in a GH3 bundle i think.

anyways, im opposite, i cant get used to the RB guitar, feels cheap and flimsy to me, but thats my preference. i like the les paul (or the useless touch strip guitar from WT).

ShaneForWax
11-01-2010, 06:14 AM
The Warriors of Rock guitar feels really good in my hands. It seems smaller, and since I'm a small person with tiny arms that's a plus. If you're a big dude/dudette with longer arms you might not like it. The frets are also closer together making it easier to hit them.

I actually liked it so much that apparently it decided to stop working for me. I won the game+guitar from gamepro, though so no proof of purchase. BUT the awesome guys and gals at Activision have said they will replace it since I COULD prove I won it. :) I'm just waiting for my shipping label now and using my old World Tour guitar in the mean time.

BlackMoonLord
11-01-2010, 06:21 AM
I will tell you right now that the way to go is with the GH2 Xplorer. I have used it since GH2 came out for the 360 and I havent looked back. I have logged well over a thousand hours of gameplay across all my Guitar Hero/Rock Band games and my Xplorer is still as strong as ever. Not to mention you can buy one for like 20 bucks now online. Get to it man. :)

MuscularTea
11-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I will tell you right now that the way to go is with the GH2 Xplorer. I have used it since GH2 came out for the 360 and I havent looked back. I have logged well over a thousand hours of gameplay across all my Guitar Hero/Rock Band games and my Xplorer is still as strong as ever. Not to mention you can buy one for like 20 bucks now online. Get to it man. :)

Same one as I use, my Les Paul has button issues, world tour one squeeks and can't use it, and my rockband ones I just don't care for much for other then my beatles one since I like hearing the click when I strum, but my girlfriend uses that guitar.

Truth is, go with the guitar you feel was better for you when you played them all, so since it sounds like you fancy the rockband guitar stick with it.

RealistIdealist
11-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Same one as I use, my Les Paul has button issues, world tour one squeeks and can't use it, and my rockband ones I just don't care for much for other then my beatles one since I like hearing the click when I strum, but my girlfriend uses that guitar.

Truth is, go with the guitar you feel was better for you when you played them all, so since it sounds like you fancy the rockband guitar stick with it.

Holy shit, same thing here. My Les Paul one just stopped working if I hold the guitar at a certain angle the buttons turn themselves off and my World Tour one also squeaks high pitched. I also have the RB1 one but I can't ever get used to the buttons, though I'd like the strum bar. I'd love for GH to make a guitar that had their buttons but Rock Band's strum bar.

x352x pH
11-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Since my Rock Band 1 guitar has become so old, my Rock Band 2 guitar having button issues and the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar just sucks...I need a new guitar. I hear the GH: WOR guitar is pretty good, but I could really care less for the game. I just want a guitar to play on RB3. The big thing for me is being comfortable with the buttons, which the RB2 guitar was perfect and why I don't like the GHWT guitar. Does anyone have suggestions on which guitar I should get? Or should I just go out and find another RB2 guitar, which is kinda hard to find around here?

If you're more partial to RB guitars, they have started selling separate "RB3 Guitars" which are basically RB2 guitars lol.

Here you go: Amazon.com: Rock Band 3 - Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller for Xbox 360: Video Games