PDA

View Full Version : Fun but frustrating?

Mgetter
11-01-2010, 01:45 AM
I want to pick this game up while its on sale but im worried. I played the demo, great fun but im worried that it might turn out to be really frustrating. I dont want to get sucked into completing a game Ill wind up being frustrated with. obviously, since the levels are so short, so fun, im not so certain this will be a problem but I wanted to get some feedback on this before spending the money to buy it.

JiveT
11-01-2010, 02:56 AM
its really fun and addictive until they kick you in the fucking ballsack with their broken god damn save system and all the shit you spent a couple hours doing gets flushed down the shitter I keep getting these bandages and it won't save them now no matter what I do they say to exit the game and come back, watch the whole replay, yadda yadda yadda, fuck that

they are supposed to be patching it so wait until they do that

Mgetter
11-01-2010, 03:13 AM
Maybe ill download it and then not play it until patch. Still, though, do you find yourself getting super frustrated at hard parts or more determined to beat it? I just have a feeling Im going to get mad and stop playing.

That save glitch would really make me annoyed and further mad, so ill keep it in mind if i do download it.

Peeblo
11-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Keep in mind that it's 800 MS till' Nov 1st... then it goes back up to 1200 MS

JiveT
11-01-2010, 12:42 PM
as hard as people say it is it all seems do-able but I haven't gotten really far into it the most annoying parts can be the warp zones but to me all the challenges are really addictive more than anything else I have all these full retail games sitting there staring at me while I keep coming back to SMB but now that I know there is some kind of save glitch I am really bummed

Plym
11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
The game is of course frustrating but I find the fun outweighs it.
This is one of the best Arcade games I've played.

Bullitt Bill
11-02-2010, 12:45 PM
The game is of course frustrating but I find the fun outweighs it.
This is one of the best Arcade games I've played.

This.

When you try to complete a level under par time and you start to think it can't be done then you see something you can do that you couldn't see before and you nail it with seconds to spare it is awesome. Plus the fact that you can play any level within a world whenever you like means that you won't be stuck trying the same level over and over, you can move on and come back. The save issue is kinda annoying, but just wait for the update. In the meantime, as long as you exit to map rather than using Y to replay the level you should be fine. Even with that in mind, I absolutely love this game.

Moetrich
11-03-2010, 10:56 PM
This.

When you try to complete a level under par time and you start to think it can't be done then you see something you can do that you couldn't see before and you nail it with seconds to spare it is awesome. Plus the fact that you can play any level within a world whenever you like means that you won't be stuck trying the same level over and over, you can move on and come back. The save issue is kinda annoying, but just wait for the update. In the meantime, as long as you exit to map rather than using Y to replay the level you should be fine. Even with that in mind, I absolutely love this game.

i just ran into the save glitch too, lucky it was just in chapter 2... i absolutely did NOT press Y during the replay, i never did that yet because i'm not hunting bandages or par times on the first playthrough.
i finished all 20 levels and had just the boss left. turned my xbox off to watch TV, 2hrs later i thoguht "lets go defeat that boss", and BAM, only 5 levels finished in the chapter.

well, i just turned off the xbox when i was on the map. didnt't properly exit the game or something....
i hope they patch it soon, don't want this too happen just after i finished a hard warp zone or something :uzi:

still a great game! and i got it for 800MSP on Nov 3rd, don't know when they are going too raise it to 1200..

asdf123
11-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Fun but frustrating sums it up, not sure if im the only one but find this much harder than N+.

DarkSephiroth
11-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Mostly frustrating... but yeah I think you may use 'fun' at some points in this game

NekroLoli
11-08-2010, 06:13 AM
I was on the fence myself but, it's a lot more fun than frustrating.