PDA

View Full Version : RB3 does terrible UK sales

GrantM
11-01-2010, 02:43 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-01-how-many-copies-did-rock-band-3-sell

Does this mean that Harmonix will pull the plug on both the games and DLC now?

daenius
11-01-2010, 02:47 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-01-how-many-copies-did-rock-band-3-sell

Does this mean that Harmonix will pull the plug on both the games and DLC now?

No they're not, and seeing as half of Europe didn't get any bundles I'd say that sales will definitely increase as soon as the bundles start rolling in.

Although I have to say it's their own fault - I still haven't found one retailer in Austria or Germany that actually knows if and when the bundles/standalone instruments will arrive.

Starstrukk X360A
11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
(Un)fortunately, the music genre really has gotten bigger since it went mainstream with GH3.

It's starting to become just another game, with nothing that special about it.

I doubt Harmonix will pull the plug on Rock Band, though. They'll have to figure out a way to bring everyone back into the genre, which can be difficult.

NoThru22
11-01-2010, 03:18 PM
That data reflects the game being on the market for one day. Take trolling elsewhere!

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-01-2010, 04:16 PM
That data reflects the game being on the market for one day. Take trolling elsewhere!

probly would have helped if they would have had the friggin instruments out on release too.

now i have to apparently wait till Nov 25 for the pro guitar. W.T.F?

GrantM
11-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I didn't mean to troll I just don't want to see EA/Harmonix give up on RB3 already, I mean if they do it might be impossible to find the pro guitar and there will be no DLC, and there so so many songs I would like to see as DLC

TwistedFate
11-01-2010, 06:26 PM
I didn't mean to troll I just don't want to see EA/Harmonix give up on RB3 already, I mean if they do it might be impossible to find the pro guitar and there will be no DLC, and there so so many songs I would like to see as DLC
You weren't even close to trolling. Trolling is posting inflammatory comments solely for the purpose of starting an argument. You were just asking questions.

NoThru22
11-01-2010, 08:10 PM
You weren't even close to trolling. Trolling is posting inflammatory comments solely for the purpose of starting an argument. You were just asking questions.
I guess I will give him the benefit of the doubt, but that whole article was trolling because they're only giving one day's worth of sales data and presenting it as a week. They just wanted to jump quickly on the "music games are dead" bandwagon, and they might be right, but they should at least wait for a week and the US sales data too.

bob150
11-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Headed out today to buy RB3 it was after 6pm so didn't have many choices. Most places I went to either didn't have it in stock or simply had never heard of it. Asda didn't have it, Sainsbury's didn't and Tesco only had it for the 360 (while I was looking for a PS3 version) Luckily enough Blockbuster had both versions of the game. Maybe this is why it's not selling that well because some stores failed to stock it. Also it would be nice to get the instruments the same day as game release not wait weeks. Guess it could be worse and not have the instruments like RB2. I had to go out and buy a TB:RB drum kit becuase the RB1 kits are useless.

Neutral
11-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah it was major BS, I got the keyboard and found out it was without a game, after walking from the shop for about 30 minutes.

Curse all you men...

Oh well, at least I got a preorder code when I went and got the game 30 minutes after. :P

e: main rage point was that, for me at least in London, every shop had keys with no game, no pro gtar, some green/blue fenders no game, and you had to buy a full new kit to get pro drum use, again it came with no game and I don't want some crappy looking kit...